+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 25 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos in Government

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Chaos in Government

Sunak and Javid quit. What the hell is actually going on.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-62048657

Re: Chaos in Government

Quote Originally Posted by Monster munch View Post
    Sunak and Javid quit. What the hell is actually going on.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-politics-62048657
    The party's over.

Johnson has no shame whatsoever, but we knew that already. The way in which he is currently clinging onto power is comical and cringeworthy in equal measures.

People actually voted for this man. There were millions who genuinely believed Johnson would make a good Prime Minister, but that’s the British public for you.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Johnson has no shame whatsoever, but we knew that already. The way in which he is currently clinging onto power is comical and cringeworthy in equal measures.

People actually voted for this man. There were millions who genuinely believed Johnson would make a good Prime Minister, but that’s the British public for you.
    Surely the people who voted for him and cuddle up to him even now call him Boris, not Johnson though.

Sacking Gove ffs. It's like he's trashing the Conservative party out of spite.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Surely the people who voted for him and cuddle up to him even now call him Boris, not Johnson though.

heard some hilarious speculation that he could call a snap general election out of spite, to screw over those that have brought him down. don't think it can happen without a vote though

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Yep, what a terrible shame

Gove sacking - Johnson's revenge?

Did they? I suppose his constituents did, but in the UK we have a parliamentary system, not a presidential system. The voters voted for the party, not the man.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    Did they?
    Yes, they did. Very definitely.

Yes, they did. Very definitely.
    How is this possible given his name was on just 1 of 650 ballot papers?

Did they? I suppose his constituents did, but in the UK we have a parliamentary system, not a presidential system. The voters voted for the party, not the man.
    With that logic, Corbyn had no effect on Labour's votes which makes all the effort the press put in to attacking him pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    With that logic, Corbyn had no effect on Labour's votes which makes all the effort the press put in to attacking him pointless.
    My view is that, whether rightly or wrongly, a lot of the public, including Labour supporters, saw Labours policies as being too left wing under Corbyn, and voted accordingly.

Yes, I think they did, you only had to listen to red wall voters who’d switched to the Tories talking on the day after the election in 2019 to see that Johnson played a very large part in them voting the way they did.

It’s been in chaos for ages

The worst Government in UK history.

This should be on the Politics Board so at least add something football related.

I’ll start, “We can see you sneaking out”

Surely even johnson has to realise the game is up now !

Cheeri o cheeri o cheeri o

Slimey creeps the Tories

They will all be after his job if he resigns , as he should

Trouble is the opposition is split between starmer who is utterly hopeless and the liberals

The country is crying out for someone other than the blue meanies but looking at the opinion polls starmer et al are hardly pulling up trees

One of the wet lot will stand and the country will say oh OK go on then .....

It's thoroughly depressing

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Slimey creeps the Tories

Trouble is the opposition is split between starmer who is utterly hopeless and the liberals

The country is crying out for someone other than the blue meanies but looking at the opinion polls starmer et al are hardly pulling up trees

I’m just glad some of the Cabinet are finally locating their backbone - I want the Tories out as much as anyone, but I want this disgrace of a PM out more.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’m just glad some of the Cabinet are finally locating their backbone - I want the Tories out as much as anyone, but I want this disgrace of a PM out more.
    nothing to do with backbone, they're just looking out for themselves

Slimey creeps the Tories

For once I agree with every word. I’m off for a lie down.

Slimey creeps the Tories

Need more than a two party state…can’t stand either of em

Johnson and his mob have stumbled from one disaster to another, and yet they would still probably win a general election tomorrow. The opposition is that bad!!