+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 27 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos in Government

International

Re: Chaos in Government

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Right , stop poncing about

What on earth are you doing voting tory ?
    I'll see who they get and vote for the party that suits my needs best in 2.5 years, but I would bet on it being a conservative win again as they are not up against a Tony Blair!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Wonderful couple of days in politics haven't slept all night , I will miss him as he's livened up boring politics .

Raaaaab to step up temporary ..

I do wonder if Labour will regret I wonder in the floating voter world Corbyn's presence was Boris's a reason for his election win , surely with a toxic Boris left there he was always a potential vote winner for Labour ??

Someone like Ben Wallace , Penny Mordaunt will be a different type of measured leaders .

Next election will be fascinating as will the opinion polls from now on .
    I think this reduces the chances of Labour winning the next election. Much better had Johnson stayed in charge.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    As joyful as it is to see him go I can't help but think of the old Napoleon quote "never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake"

Having Johnson there was dragging them down in the polls, now they'll vote someone else in in the autumn, who'll still have a massive majority and can sell the whole "mistakes were made under the previous leadership, this is a fresh start" angle, thereby distancing themselves from the worst of his era

Johnson staying on would have been preferable for me. It now gives the Tories the chance to recover. They don’t deserve that chance.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I think this reduces the chances of Labour winning the next election. Much better had Johnson stayed in charge.
    I've been saying it for months, yet there is 14 pages mostly of lefties in glee because their chance of a labour win has just been dealt a massive blow, I think a few have just worked it out now mind.

No way will starmer overturn an 80 seat majority

He might break it a bit but we need a new party and new leader , starmer is hopeless

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I've been saying it for months, yet there is 14 pages mostly of lefties in glee because their chance of a labour win has just been dealt a massive blow, I think a few have just worked it out now mind.
    So in other words .....you are a feckin tory

Noted

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    With that logic, Corbyn had no effect on Labour's votes which makes all the effort the press put in to attacking him pointless.
    My view is that, whether rightly or wrongly, a lot of the public, including Labour supporters, saw Labours policies as being too left wing under Corbyn, and voted accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Oh, do **** off.

being technically correct is the best type of correct

International

He might break it a bit but we need a new party and new leader , starmer is hopeless
    He would have if Boris had remained, chances massively reduced now mind, they can dump it all on Boris and get someone very serious and business like in to be completely opposite.

labours best chance is to beg the Durham police to fine him and replace him as quickly as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    As joyful as it is to see him go I can't help but think of the old Napoleon quote "never interrupt your enemy when he's making a mistake"

Having Johnson there was dragging them down in the polls, now they'll vote someone else in in the autumn, who'll still have a massive majority and can sell the whole "mistakes were made under the previous leadership, this is a fresh start" angle, thereby distancing themselves from the worst of his era
    Wisest thing I've read today!

Yes, but the tories will have been damaged by this, and "Boris" did have plenty of supporters who seemed to back him rather than the tory party itself, I don't see them getting a big jump in the polls tbh

International

So in other words .....you are a feckin tory

Noted
    I have previously voted for either side, it's not a football club, every single person votes for the party that will suit their interests best unless they are thick as .... and do what their Dad did.

Starmer is too dull and corporate. My preference is for Andy Burnham to take over but we are stuck with Starmer.

I have previously voted for either side, it's not a football club, every single person votes for the party that will suit their interests best unless they are thick as .... and do what their Dad did.
    You speak for yourself , I don't vote for what's in my best interest

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Yes, it's something that more or less every country did, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen and it wasn't right to do it. It was an extraordinary level of support for the private sector.
    It's like saying I'm a good dad because I feed my kids.

It's what everyone else does, and if I didn't it would be criminal - but I can claim it as an achievement?

Starmer is too dull and corporate. My preference is for Andy Burnham to take over but we are stuck with Starmer.
    I think he's got no charisma and spine

He just seems like he's fresh out from university

You speak for yourself , I don't vote for what's in my best interest
    How would you lose personally by voting Labour?

He would have if Boris had remained, chances massively reduced now mind, they can dump it all on Boris and get someone very serious and business like in to be completely opposite.

labours best chance is to beg the Durham police to fine him and replace him as quickly as possible.
    No I disagree - I'm no fan of Kier particularly but Labour don't want him to be charged with "having some food" in Durham, as that will allow it to be easily manipulated from "tory sleaze" to "they're all as bad as each other"

Boris was dragging the Tory party down, but also did attract his own supporters through his personality - I#ve heard plenty of them on radio phone ins - not really dyed in the wool tories, but prepared to make excuse after excuse for good old boris, after all he's trying his best etc, I don't see the Tories suddenly leaping back to a huge lead in the polls now they've got rid of him, and there's every chance they'll elect someone pretty woeful to follow, as none of the main candidates are very inspiring.

I also think the damage that has been done to public confidence won't be as easy to win back by changing the man at the top.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    being technically correct is the best type of correct
    Being technically correct but very obviously wrong is the worst kind of wrong.

I'll see who they get and vote for the party that suits my needs best in 2.5 years, but I would bet on it being a conservative win again as they are not up against a Tony Blair!
    So, you think twelve years of Tory rule (five of it with the Lib Dems) has been good for the country? Why? Nearly every attempt I’ve seen to answer that question begins with “but what would it have been like with Labour”, but it would be good to see why anyone thinks we’re better off now than we were in April 2010 in the month before the Tories regained power.

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    How would you lose personally by voting Labour?
    I couldn't imagine anyone of any worth losing, only the ones who don't really matter.

My view is that, whether rightly or wrongly, a lot of the public, including Labour supporters, saw Labours policies as being too left wing under Corbyn, and voted accordingly.
    We have a strange electorate.

In the run up to the election I can remember a taxi driver telling me that despite the fact he wasn't a regular Tory voter and thought Boris was an idiot, the idea of Corbyn in charge was worse and so would vote Conservative to keep him out.

The whole "Corbyn is the bogeyman" shitck by the media worked wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Being technically correct but very obviously wrong is the worst kind of wrong.
    I'm not sure how being technically correct can be wrong, but here we are.

Quote Originally Posted by celticknight View Post
    In the run up to the election I can remember a taxi driver telling me that despite the fact he wasn't a regular Tory voter and thought Boris was an idiot, the idea of Corbyn in charge was worse and so would vote Conservative to keep him out.

The whole "Corbyn is the bogeyman" shitck by the media worked wonders.
    I experienced this too. It was ironic because when people were read/shown a number of key policies from the manifesto, they agreed with them and said they could back them. Then they were told they were Corbyn's and immediately said they wouldn't vote for them.