+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425 LastLast

Thread: Chaos in Government

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Chaos in Government

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Both sides stretched truth. Remain far more with a lot more finances backing them. The claims made by leave weren't excessively outrageous to the point of demanding a second vote. Your side lied and still lost so imagine the majority for leave without fear mongering from Cameron, Obama, etc.
    Cameron, Ron Ron

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Cameron, Ron Ron
    He’s ignoring you isn’t he.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    IRonically. he will not be the first or last!

Both sides stretched truth. Remain far more with a lot more finances backing them. The claims made by leave weren't excessively outrageous to the point of demanding a second vote. Your side lied and still lost so imagine the majority for leave without fear mongering from Cameron, Obama, etc.
    sure thing

The claims made by leave weren't excessively outrageous to the point of demanding a second vote.
    If you think that falsely claiming the NHS would be given £350 million a week isn't an excessively outrageous lie then that says a hell of a lot about your character

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    If you think that falsely claiming the NHS would be given £350 million a week isn't an excessively outrageous lie then that says a hell of a lot about your character
    40 brand new hospitals was only a white lie

I’d call £350 million a week for the NHS lie as outrageous. You don’t?

That Grant Shapps

Has he had a hair transplant ?

Odd looking chap

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    We are at the back of a queue in a trade deal and there is a war in Europe

Bent the truth be ****ed, leave flat out lied openly.

I’m on the side of remaining because it was good for the people of this country and it was good for our economy while allowing our country to affect the policy of the EU while having a lot more autonomy than most other countries in the group.

I didn’t want the vote because I knew why the billionaires wanted it and how they’d get what they wanted. You’re on the side of the oligarchs and the money launderers obviously.

What benefits of leaving have there been?
    We aren't in the back of the queue at all. Stop lying.
    Remain LIED with the full force of the American president, David Cameron, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs behind their campaign. What about the EMERGENCY budget that was meant to be very much needed if leave won? Lol All scaremongering lies.
    I'm not on the side of Oligarchs. I'm on the side of democracy because that's the system we have and our ancestors supposedly died on the battle field for it. You clearly don't care so much about that. Anyway i'm not much interested in campaiging for an election which happened 3 years in the past. Move on.

Meanwhile back in the real world I met the president of Poland today. He congratulated us on winning a contract that will see the creation of 1000 jobs in Poland.

That’s 1000 new jobs that were destined for UK but due to Brexit, the contract & jobs were redirected into the EU instead. That’s £600m that the UK won’t see.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Meanwhile back in the real world I met the president of Poland today. He congratulated us on winning a contract that will see the creation of 1000 jobs in Poland.

That’s 1000 new jobs that were destined for UK but due to Brexit, the contract & jobs were redirected into the EU instead. That’s £600m that the UK won’t see.
    Taking back control

A covid lockdown, furlough and the 2008 banking crisis were not "normal" times by any stretch of the imagination.
    It's still a disgrace that we became massively indebted due to a banking bail out in 2008. We are slaves to the international banking system, I'm not a marxist at all, but Corbyn knew the international bankers were a parasitical cancer and they made sure he'd never become elected. The media smears against him were a joke. If you oppose the international banking system, for whatever legitimate reason. You'll be ruined politically and labelled anti semetic.
    All very interesting but I never mentioned government spending.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    That’s the little bit of Tory scum in me.....I lied in my first sentence
    Haha And Tony Blair never lied about taking our troops to war in Iraq?
    When Brown said "British jobs for British workers" was he lying?

Haha And Tony Blair never lied about taking our troops to war in Iraq?
    When Brown said "British jobs for British workers" was he lying?
    I didn’t mention them, I was admitting to my fibbing.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    EU workers were paid at the appropriate rate for the job they did, it’s the law. I know lads from European countries working here who are paid the same rate as locals, there’s no racial pecking order. You say workers from abroad are offered a lower wage? You reckon EU citizens were offered less than minimum wage? Hmmm. The black economy ducks out of even minimum wage. The black economy benefits dodgy employers. That’s basic.
    Also, you should be on a lower wage because your grasp of your mother tongue is shite
    It's not just about minimum wage though is it? You get wage supression right through the wage structure. Except probably at the top. Which is why big business loves cheap foreign labour.
    Take a building site for example, a team of foriegn tradesmen come on site and undercut British workers because they have much lower overheads back home. I know British tradesmen who were sacked for foriegn labour willing to do the job much cheaper. It was happening all the time.

It's not just about minimum wage though is it? You get wage supression right through the wage structure. Except probably at the top. Which is why big business loves cheap foreign labour.
    Absolutely. There was EU policy to deal with this that David Cameron begged the EU not to be involved with. THe EU refused.

If you really think that staying in the EU was a must for businesses who exploit immigrants, think again. Legislation was on its way and the Tory government of the time was keen to avoid it at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Absolutely. There was EU policy to deal with this that David Cameron begged the EU not to be involved with. THe EU refused.

If you really think that staying in the EU was a must for businesses who exploit immigrants, think again. Legislation was on its way and the Tory government of the time was keen to avoid it at all costs.
    What legislation? The EU has no minumum wage?

It's an absolute farce that people suggest the EU raises British workers standards. At almost every turn, the UK exceeds the minimum standard, and as stated above, in many cases, there are no standards at all

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    What legislation? The EU has no minumum wage?

It's an absolute farce that people suggest the EU raises British workers standards. At almost every turn, the UK exceeds the minimum standard, and as stated above, in many cases, there are no standards at all
    Once again, two foot in without having a clue what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    In what areas is the EU very protectionist?

The whole point is it's a free trade area, so anyone operating within that area is competing with all the other countries within that free trade area whether they like it or not.

In general the trade tariffs are very low as well for countries outside of the EU.

Yes the agriculture industry is supported, predominately to allow traditional less intensive farming methods to survive in the face of modern industrial mega farms
    Ursula Von de Somthing :) has stated the EU is going to become more protectionist, yet they already have higher average tarrifs than Japan and America. They still can't agree a trade deal with America(it's biggest trading partner i think) due to EU protectionism.
    There's also protectionism within the EU. take d.o.p foods for example. This all comes at greater cost to the consumer.

Apparently the EU have earmarked 1 trillion euros of tax payers money to pay for long term EU farming subsidies. It's very protectionist in this area. Of that money allocated, 80% goes to 20% of farming outfits. So it's not going to small traditional farmers. But big business AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Both sides bent the truth, yet all you want to talk about is supposed Leave lies. What's that say about your character Canton boy?
    How much extra in real terms went to the NHS after Brexit. Do you know? Bare in mind the unexpected cost of lockdowns to the national purse during the time after Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Hello Bob. I'm busy, typing on my phone and not quite sure of the point he's making, if any.

Hello Bob. I'm busy, typing on my phone and not quite sure of the point he's making, if any.
    Think it started with this one hun x

Talking of evolutionary adaptation I often wonder what that anti-immigration, proudly religious, pseudo-intellectual, booringly argumentative and deeply patronising RonnieBird evolved into since his user name no longer posts on this Board.

Good luck to Poland, nice people. I hope they continue to reject mass immigration.
    But by 2024, something like 85% of global GDP will come from outside the EU.

I hope they continue to reject mass immigration.
    I know what you’re trying to imply here & Poland avoids the influx of some nationalities by using there full quota of non EU on Ukrainians & Belorussians. However my team whilst consisting of the previously aforementioned nationalities consists of Germans, Spaniards, Dutch, Romanians, Danes, Brazilians, Irish, Nigerian, Japanese, Mexican, Indian Lithuanian, Latvian and others I can’t recall. The area I live in is predominantly Indian & my local Curry House is better than anything I’ve had in the UK.

So Poland is by no means a closed country & the nationality & ethnic mix makes a great team.

I know what you’re trying to imply here & Poland avoids the influx of some nationalities by using there full quota of non EU on Ukrainians & Belorussians. However my team whilst consisting of the previously aforementioned nationalities consists of Germans, Spaniards, Dutch, Romanians, Danes, Brazilians, Irish, Nigerian, Japanese, Mexican, Indian Lithuanian, Latvian and others I can’t recall. The area I live in is predominantly Indian & my local Curry House is better than anything I’ve had in the UK.

So Poland is by no means a closed country & the nationality & ethnic mix makes a great team.
    My work has a factory in Poland, and there are so many Ukranians there they have 1 shift for Polish workers and another shift for Ukranians. Predating the current war in Ukraine, it seems there's been a high level of immigration there from Ukraine for a while.