+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 27 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Chaos in Government

Re: Chaos in Government

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    We didn't vote to join the E.U. in 1975. The European project was quite different back then.
    I don't recall leavers asking for a second referendum in the 70s and niether do you, stop being silly. The main call for a referendum occured after the Maastrict treaty(1992) Which was right and fair, as the nature of the EU was changing way beyond what was proposed in 1975. I think 20/30 years is a fair amount of time for another referendum. Unless something dramatically changes.
    Or it turns out we were lied to in the leadup to the last vote

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    I won’t mention your poor grasp of the English language but what I will mention is your poor grasp of the EU ‘cheap’ labour situation. EU workers were entitled to the same wage as everybody else, they were paid the going rate with the same employment rights, they were legitimate employees. On the other hand, leaving the EU enabled rich people (as you described them) to employ illegal workers from overseas on as little a wage as they could get away with, it was in THEIR best interests not to be hampered with employment law, workers rights, holiday pay, sick pay, decent welfare, proper health & safety, proper notice of termination etc.
    Illegal immigration fuels the black economy and is a very unfortunate byproduct of Brexit. Brexit is lining the pockets of your ‘rich people’ in a disgusting way.
    But you did mention his supposedly poor grasp of English. Didn’t you?

He did Ron Ron. Did you Ron Ron?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Or it turns out we were lied to in the leadup to the last vote
    Both sides stretched truth. Remain far more with a lot more finances backing them. The claims made by leave weren't excessively outrageous to the point of demanding a second vote. Your side lied and still lost so imagine the majority for leave without fear mongering from Cameron, Obama, etc.

Both sides stretched truth. Remain far more with a lot more finances backing them. The claims made by leave weren't excessively outrageous to the point of demanding a second vote. Your side lied and still lost so imagine the majority for leave without fear mongering from Cameron, Obama, etc.
    Cameron, Ron Ron

sure thing

I’d call £350 million a week for the NHS lie as outrageous. You don’t?

That Grant Shapps

Has he had a hair transplant ?

Odd looking chap

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    We are at the back of a queue in a trade deal and there is a war in Europe

Bent the truth be ****ed, leave flat out lied openly.

I’m on the side of remaining because it was good for the people of this country and it was good for our economy while allowing our country to affect the policy of the EU while having a lot more autonomy than most other countries in the group.

I didn’t want the vote because I knew why the billionaires wanted it and how they’d get what they wanted. You’re on the side of the oligarchs and the money launderers obviously.

What benefits of leaving have there been?
    We aren't in the back of the queue at all. Stop lying.
    Remain LIED with the full force of the American president, David Cameron, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs behind their campaign. What about the EMERGENCY budget that was meant to be very much needed if leave won? Lol All scaremongering lies.
    I'm not on the side of Oligarchs. I'm on the side of democracy because that's the system we have and our ancestors supposedly died on the battle field for it. You clearly don't care so much about that. Anyway i'm not much interested in campaiging for an election which happened 3 years in the past. Move on.

That’s the little bit of Tory scum in me.....I lied in my first sentence

Meanwhile back in the real world I met the president of Poland today. He congratulated us on winning a contract that will see the creation of 1000 jobs in Poland.

That’s 1000 new jobs that were destined for UK but due to Brexit, the contract & jobs were redirected into the EU instead. That’s £600m that the UK won’t see.

International

I won’t mention your poor grasp of the English language but what I will mention is your poor grasp of the EU ‘cheap’ labour situation. EU workers were entitled to the same wage as everybody else, they were paid the going rate with the same employment rights, they were legitimate employees. On the other hand, leaving the EU enabled rich people (as you described them) to employ illegal workers from overseas on as little a wage as they could get away with, it was in THEIR best interests not to be hampered with employment law, workers rights, holiday pay, sick pay, decent welfare, proper health & safety, proper notice of termination etc.
    Illegal immigration fuels the black economy and is a very unfortunate byproduct of Brexit. Brexit is lining the pockets of your ‘rich people’ in a disgusting way.
    Wow well done you must be so proud to find a mistake in a 10 second reply on a phone, have a look you'll find plenty more.

I was simply pointing out to the previous poster that most Millionires and Billionaires voted to remain as they could employ workers from abroad offering a lower wage, so he was wrong in saying they all voted to leave, he had it the wrong way around.

Your post makes no sense at all, every one else in the Country understands supply and demand and that if you import workers the labour rate goes down?

Yes they may have had a wage with all the add on's but because they were coming from the EU they were prepared to work for a lower rate?

Come on you're supposed to be a Labour voter thats so basic?

That was a 15 second one so try and deflect as much as you like!

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Meanwhile back in the real world I met the president of Poland today. He congratulated us on winning a contract that will see the creation of 1000 jobs in Poland.

That’s 1000 new jobs that were destined for UK but due to Brexit, the contract & jobs were redirected into the EU instead. That’s £600m that the UK won’t see.
    Taking back control

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    No way will starmer overturn an 80 seat majority

He might break it a bit but we need a new party and new leader , starmer is hopeless
    I have no faith in Starmer either

But I think the current Tory majority is down to 73 (allowing for Sinn fein and various Speaker and Deputy Speaker roles). Johnson has done a good job so far in squandering the majority he got in 2019.

A covid lockdown, furlough and the 2008 banking crisis were not "normal" times by any stretch of the imagination.
    It's still a disgrace that we became massively indebted due to a banking bail out in 2008. We are slaves to the international banking system, I'm not a marxist at all, but Corbyn knew the international bankers were a parasitical cancer and they made sure he'd never become elected. The media smears against him were a joke. If you oppose the international banking system, for whatever legitimate reason. You'll be ruined politically and labelled anti semetic.
    All very interesting but I never mentioned government spending.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Wow well done you must be so proud to find a mistake in a 10 second reply on a phone, have a look you'll find plenty more.

I was simply pointing out to the previous poster that most Millionires and Billionaires voted to remain as they could employ workers from abroad offering a lower wage, so he was wrong in saying they all voted to leave, he had it the wrong way around.

Your post makes no sense at all, every one else in the Country understands supply and demand and that if you import workers the labour rate goes down?

Yes they may have had a wage with all the add on's but because they were coming from the EU they were prepared to work for a lower rate?

Come on you're supposed to be a Labour voter thats so basic?

That was a 15 second one so try and deflect as much as you like!
    EU workers were paid at the appropriate rate for the job they did, it’s the law. I know lads from European countries working here who are paid the same rate as locals, there’s no racial pecking order. You say workers from abroad are offered a lower wage? You reckon EU citizens were offered less than minimum wage? Hmmm. The black economy ducks out of even minimum wage. The black economy benefits dodgy employers. That’s basic.
    Also, you should be on a lower wage because your grasp of your mother tongue is shite

That’s the little bit of Tory scum in me.....I lied in my first sentence
    Haha And Tony Blair never lied about taking our troops to war in Iraq?
    When Brown said "British jobs for British workers" was he lying?

Haha And Tony Blair never lied about taking our troops to war in Iraq?
    When Brown said "British jobs for British workers" was he lying?
    I didn’t mention them, I was admitting to my fibbing.

EU workers were paid at the appropriate rate for the job they did, it’s the law. I know lads from European countries working here who are paid the same rate as locals, there’s no racial pecking order. You say workers from abroad are offered a lower wage? You reckon EU citizens were offered less than minimum wage? Hmmm. The black economy ducks out of even minimum wage. The black economy benefits dodgy employers. That’s basic.
    Also, you should be on a lower wage because your grasp of your mother tongue is shite
    It's not just about minimum wage though is it? You get wage supression right through the wage structure. Except probably at the top. Which is why big business loves cheap foreign labour.
    Take a building site for example, a team of foriegn tradesmen come on site and undercut British workers because they have much lower overheads back home. I know British tradesmen who were sacked for foriegn labour willing to do the job much cheaper. It was happening all the time.

The claims made by leave weren't excessively outrageous to the point of demanding a second vote.
    If you think that falsely claiming the NHS would be given £350 million a week isn't an excessively outrageous lie then that says a hell of a lot about your character

International

Jesus you still don't get it do you?

It's like trying to play chess with a chimp

I didn't say they specifically offer EU citizens a lower wage?

I said through supply and demand, they could offer their employees a lower wage, pause and think for a while it's not hard.

Now they can't employee overseas workers the rates will have to go up, HGV drivers were the first many others have followed.

Have a rest now, you don't want to damage the remaining couple of brain cells

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    If you think that falsely claiming the NHS would be given £350 million a week isn't an excessively outrageous lie then that says a hell of a lot about your character
    40 brand new hospitals was only a white lie

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    In what areas is the EU very protectionist?

The whole point is it's a free trade area, so anyone operating within that area is competing with all the other countries within that free trade area whether they like it or not.

In general the trade tariffs are very low as well for countries outside of the EU.

Yes the agriculture industry is supported, predominately to allow traditional less intensive farming methods to survive in the face of modern industrial mega farms
    Ursula Von de Somthing :) has stated the EU is going to become more protectionist, yet they already have higher average tarrifs than Japan and America. They still can't agree a trade deal with America(it's biggest trading partner i think) due to EU protectionism.
    There's also protectionism within the EU. take d.o.p foods for example. This all comes at greater cost to the consumer.

Apparently the EU have earmarked 1 trillion euros of tax payers money to pay for long term EU farming subsidies. It's very protectionist in this area. Of that money allocated, 80% goes to 20% of farming outfits. So it's not going to small traditional farmers. But big business AGAIN.

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Both sides bent the truth, yet all you want to talk about is supposed Leave lies. What's that say about your character Canton boy?
    How much extra in real terms went to the NHS after Brexit. Do you know? Bare in mind the unexpected cost of lockdowns to the national purse during the time after Brexit.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Jesus you still don't get it do you?

It's like trying to play chess with a chimp

I didn't say they specifically offer EU citizens a lower wage?

I said through supply and demand, they could offer their employees a lower wage, pause and think for a while it's not hard.

Now they can't employee overseas workers the rates will have to go up, HGV drivers were the first many others have followed.

Have a rest now, you don't want to damage the remaining couple of brain cells
    So if I follow, UK inflation rates above our competitors are due to wage inflation for scarce jobs. Is that right?