+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos in Government

Re: Chaos in Government

I hate how weve ended up with such an awful and untrustworthy government, but it wouldn't surprise me if Jeremy Hunt has already rung Rishi and Sajid and promised them their jobs back if they offer him their support.

Anyone with half a brain could see how corrupt and incompetent this government would be if they were voted in. If you voted for this you should be beyond ashamed of yourself.

I noticed the contempt for Starmer after he said he wouldn’t rejoin the EU

Labour supporters can’t stand Kier and Tories can’t stand Boris and neither would vote for the other party

The libs are irrelevant and the rest of the parties will always be fringe.

British politics at its worse for some time

Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    I noticed the contempt for Starmer after he said he wouldn’t rejoin the EU

Labour supporters can’t stand Kier and Tories can’t stand Boris and neither would vote for the other party

The libs are irrelevant and the rest of the parties will always be fringe.

British politics at its worse for some time
    There are plenty of Labour supporters and members who wanted out of the EU.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    How many times.... it's 'Lither'!

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    We are safe the likes of Raab Patel Rees Mogg and Nadine Dorries are backing the bufoon.

What a state we are in.

But but but Jeremy Corbyn and Diane Abbott. Well weve got these clowns.
    Imagine Rees Mogg as PM

It would be nice if you lot actually got to vote for your government...what a dingbat country . Only second after Trumptonville

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Imagine Rees Mogg as PM
    Or Raab , Patel , Truss , Coffey , Dorries , Schapps .

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Slimey creeps the Tories

They will all be after his job if he resigns , as he should

Trouble is the opposition is split between starmer who is utterly hopeless and the liberals

The country is crying out for someone other than the blue meanies but looking at the opinion polls starmer et al are hardly pulling up trees

One of the wet lot will stand and the country will say oh OK go on then .....

It's thoroughly depressing
    Need more than a two party state…can’t stand either of em

Is the title of this thread based on today or a few years old?

I'm no Boris supporter, or even a tory supporter, but something stinks about the way all these leaks and misdemeanors keep coming along.
    It seems there's a concerted plan to oust BoJo, if he doesn't go now, something else will come out next week.

Sleeze getting rid of sleeze?

Nadim Zahawi has just gone into Downing Street

Steve Barclay is the new health secretary.

I suspect Zahawi will either become chancellor or resign

Seems like they were looking for an excuse to jump ship. If you quit the cabinet you should leave the party. Good riddance to them.

Ex Tory MP Ann Soubry wants an election and wants Starmer as PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    I'm no Boris supporter, or even a tory supporter, but something stinks about the way all these leaks and misdemeanors keep coming along.
    What stinks is this government. From top to bottom. It’s no more complicated than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    Seems like they were looking for an excuse to jump ship. If you quit the cabinet you should leave the party. Good riddance to them.
    Looking for an excuse.😂😂

Theres been enough of them.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I’m just glad some of the Cabinet are finally locating their backbone - I want the Tories out as much as anyone, but I want this disgrace of a PM out more.
    nothing to do with backbone, they're just looking out for themselves

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    nothing to do with backbone, they're just looking out for themselves
    Absolutely true, without Bojo they'd be nowhere near any top job. They're living the dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfresco View Post
    I doubt there is any principle involved.

They stayed and enabled Johnson for months and years whilst he behaved in exactly the same way.

It is down to political calculation. Pincher and the latest round of lies is just the excuse. And the by election results which spooked all wings of their party.

Three quarters of Tory backbenchers voted against Johnson in the recent ballot. They are about to win total control of the 1922 Committee and change the rules so the confidence vote can be re-run. Johnson will lose and his loyalists will go down with him.

The Tories are calculating their best chance of winning the next election or limiting the damage. Enough of them now think that means changing the leader and hoping the public have short memories.

Their problem is there is no obvious alternative. As a non-Tory watching their implosion will be a small compensation for the continuing disaster of this incompetent, lying, corrupt government. The smallest of silver linings!

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I doubt there is any principle involved.

They stayed and enabled Johnson for months and years whilst he behaved in exactly the same way.

It is down to political calculation. Pincher and the latest round of lies is just the excuse. And the by election results which spooked all wings of their party.

Three quarters of Tory backbenchers voted against Johnson in the recent ballot. They are about to win total control of the 1922 Committee and change the rules so the confidence vote can be re-run. Johnson will lose and his loyalists will go down with him.

The Tories are calculating their best chance of winning the next election or limiting the damage. Enough of them now think that means changing the leader and hoping the public have short memories.

Their problem is there is no obvious alternative. As a non-Tory watching their implosion will be a small compensation for the continuing disaster of this incompetent, lying, corrupt government. The smallest of silver linings!
    They seemed content to defend him whilst he lied to the public.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Steve Barclay is the new health secretary.

I suspect Zahawi will either become chancellor or resign
    The likes of Zahawi haven’t the integrity to resign. Probably negotiating his travelling allowance.

Surely he can’t survive this……..but I’ve been saying that for over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Surely he can’t survive this……..but I’ve been saying that for over a year.
    Even if he doesnt its not going to see an alternative to the facking Tories

Because starmer and the liberals don't offer one

A nice safe John major type of tory and its back to the opposition benches

The labour party is dead in the water with the liberals in the lifeboats picking up scraps

The opinion polls would be showing huge leads if the tories were on the ropes but it's not happening

Thoroughly depressing

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Even if he doesnt its not going to see an alternative to the facking Tories

Because starmer and the liberals don't offer one

A nice safe John major type of tory and its back to the opposition benches

The labour party is dead in the water with the liberals in the lifeboats picking up scraps

The opinion polls would be showing huge leads if the tories were on the ropes but it's not happening

Thoroughly depressing
    Yes, a depressing inevitability about it sadly.