+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 27 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Chaos in Government

Re: Chaos in Government

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    The Jewish lobby run America, effectively Isreal are the most powerful nation on earth.

Mad how this dork has exactly the same opinions and posting style as gluey isn’t it.

Litherland more like cloud cockoo land you racist freak.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    But our economy is already a billion a year worse than it would have been in the EU.

The banking crisis?! **** sake

So we’ve purposely ****ed our economy for 20 years but then we’ll see. **** me I’ve heard some shit gluey in my time but you are genuinely an idiot.
    Wales will lose 2.3 billion as a result of Brexit, a loss per head of the population of £743.11, between 2021 and 2027,
    The Welsh who voted for Brexit are a bunch of Turkeys voting for a early Christmas.

[QUOTE=Des Parrot;5318936]Meanwhile back in the real world I met the president of Poland today. He congratulated us on winning a contract that will see the creation of 1000 jobs in Poland.

That’s 1000 new jobs that were destined for UK but due to Brexit, the contract & jobs were redirected into the EU instead. That’s £600m that the UK won’

Des - great to hear from the horse’s mouth what is really going on out there. It will go over the heads of some of the ‘experts’ on here that probably rarely leave their front room. Hope it goes well for you there - meeting the president is something a bit special!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    No, you said "Hong Kong has the lowest tariffs and they seem to do well". If you see the world through a single prism of trade I guess you have a point. But according to you this has come at the cost of being usurped by a quasi communist state. My point was doing well because of low tariffs isn't the be all and end all. Do you have a better example?
    They are not being Usurped because they do well out of free trade.
    I don't need a better example. Hong Kong has the lowest tarifs in the world and are very successful. What historical claims China has on Hong Kong is completely irrelevant to this discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Wales will lose 2.3 billion as a result of Brexit, a loss per head of the population of £743.11, between 2021 and 2027,
    The Welsh who voted for Brexit are a bunch of Turkeys voting for a early Christmas.
    £115 ish pounds a year for 6 years.
    Interesting, can you link me to the source of that claim.
    Also, Quality of life is not soley about numbers on a spread sheet. Imagine reducing your life to that sort of dystopian hell.

They are not being Usurped because they do well out of free trade.
    I don't need a better example. Hong Kong has the lowest tarifs in the world and are very successful. What historical claims China has on Hong Kong is completely irrelevant to this discussion.
    the EU have very low tariffs as well, only a handful of countries in the world are lower, like USA, Japan and HK

Also, Quality of life is not soley about numbers on a spread sheet. Imagine reducing your life to that dystopian hell.
    for 2.3 billion we could have built 2 Newport bypasses

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Mad how this dork has exactly the same opinions and posting style as gluey isn’t it.

Litherland more like cloud cockoo land you racist freak.
    Here come the low IQ chimp outs and paranoid allegations. Is that you done then?

Here come the low IQ chimp outs and paranoid allegations. Is that you done then?
    I know Gluey can come over that way but that's a bit unfair. Even his College tutor wasn't that brutal!

Also, Quality of life is not soley about numbers on a spread sheet. Imagine reducing your life to that sort of dystopian hell.
    https://nation.cymru/news/brexit-to-...alysis%20shows.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    How would you do that?
    I explained it briefly in the quote that you edited out. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    All very interesting but I never mentioned government spending.
    No, strange that. Maybe it's inconvenient for you. If the tax take is very high, where do you think that money is being spent. Would it be partially to service a debt run up by a banking crisis and furlough?

Quote Originally Posted by dandywarhol View Post
    Nation Cymru lol and a local charity making a bizare prediction *if* the Government doesn't reallocate spending to Wales. Which the Government has pledged to do. So there's not much to worry about yet. Read the article objectively. Lots of ifs and buts. Stop trying to scare people unduly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    the EU have very low tariffs as well, only a handful of countries in the world are lower, like USA, Japan and HK
    replied to you further back RJK. If the farming subsidies were actually going to small farms with traditional, environmentally friendly practices i'd be more sympathetic, but they are not. 20% of big farms get 80% of the 1 trillion. Yes 1 trillion pound long term subsidies. Also, The president of the EU commision announced a more protectionist policy direction in 2019 before covid. Lockdowns will only exacerbate protectionism in the short term.

Both sides bent the truth, yet all you want to talk about is supposed Leave lies. What's that say about your character Canton boy?
    How much extra in real terms went to the NHS after Brexit. Do you know? Bare in mind the unexpected cost of lockdowns to the national purse during the time after Brexit.
    It's "bear" in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by PontBlue View Post
    You've answered your own statement
    job done

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    It's "bear" in mind.
    In all fairness some people are indeed "bare in mind".

It's not just about minimum wage though is it? You get wage supression right through the wage structure. Except probably at the top. Which is why big business loves cheap foreign labour.
    Absolutely. There was EU policy to deal with this that David Cameron begged the EU not to be involved with. THe EU refused.

If you really think that staying in the EU was a must for businesses who exploit immigrants, think again. Legislation was on its way and the Tory government of the time was keen to avoid it at all costs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Absolutely. There was EU policy to deal with this that David Cameron begged the EU not to be involved with. THe EU refused.

If you really think that staying in the EU was a must for businesses who exploit immigrants, think again. Legislation was on its way and the Tory government of the time was keen to avoid it at all costs.
    One of the planks of Brexit by the Leave camp was to loosen EU employment law so as to make work less secure for employees. It's mystifying how many people fell for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    One of the planks of Brexit by the Leave camp was to loosen EU employment law so as to make work less secure for employees. It's mystifying how many people fell for this.
    Absolutely.

What legislation? The EU has no minumum wage?

It's an absolute farce that people suggest the EU raises British workers standards. At almost every turn, the UK exceeds the minimum standard, and as stated above, in many cases, there are no standards at all

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    What legislation? The EU has no minumum wage?

It's an absolute farce that people suggest the EU raises British workers standards. At almost every turn, the UK exceeds the minimum standard, and as stated above, in many cases, there are no standards at all
    Once again, two foot in without having a clue what you're talking about.

Interesting. What was the law and has it been implemented yet.

Big business is way over represented in dealings with the commision. I'd go into more detail but i'm probably being hacked and my device keeps freezing. Nice to have crossed paths with you all anyway.

I explained it briefly in the quote that you edited out. Weird.
    "You could argue that the Ukraine conflict was, in part, caused by the EU ever expanding eastwards. Not respecting Russian interests and backing them into a corner risking nuclear war in the process.

We have democratic system and leave won. If you don't like democracy come out and say...I'm beginning to question it myself but not because of Brexit."

The EU is expanding as countries ask to join. The biggest immediate advantage is to have access to a large economic area. Or does the EU actively look for new members? The EU decides to accept a country or not. Should they not accept a free will request made to join the EU as it would upset some other country? I'd find it easier to understand the argument if it'd be NATO. I'm probably missing something altogether here.

Quote Originally Posted by bigjoe View Post
    "You could argue that the Ukraine conflict was, in part, caused by the EU ever expanding eastwards. Not respecting Russian interests and backing them into a corner risking nuclear war in the process.

We have democratic system and leave won. If you don't like democracy come out and say...I'm beginning to question it myself but not because of Brexit."

The EU is expanding as countries ask to join. The biggest immediate advantage is to have access to a large economic area. Or does the EU actively look for new members? The EU decides to accept a country or not. Should they not accept a free will request made to join the EU as it would upset some other country? I'd find it easier to understand the argument if it'd be NATO. I'm probably missing something altogether here.
    So, you agree. the EU is expansionist and has expanded it's trading bloc and schengen to Russia's border with talk of a EU army going on. That army is inevitable.
    So yes, they have neglected Russia's geo political interests and played a part in the conflict.
    Do you think war, mass death and potential nuclear fallout is a price worth paying for expansionism of the EU project? If i'm reading this right you do. Lol