+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Chaos in Government

Re: Chaos in Government

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Nadhim Zahawi is complaining about press 'smears' about his tax situation.

Shocking if true. Tax avoidance is all legal! And he's the only one allowed to smear others (see his 'time to go 'letter to BlowJo).
    Not sure if he did anything illegal, but MP's have to declare their financial interests for ethical reasons

When did leadership campaign videos become a thing? They are all ridiculous, although I did like the Wales v Ukraine footage in Penny Mordaunts

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Forget that, what about the joke? 9/10?
    Definitely not that. What's the lowest score a narcissist would accept?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    When did leadership campaign videos become a thing? They are all ridiculous, although I did like the Wales v Ukraine footage in Penny Mordaunts
    In Sunak's case I think Autumn 2021

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    In Sunak's case I think Autumn 2021
    It's been in Hollywood post production for months.

Sunak has seemed to be fighting a leadership campaign since the moment he was appointed Chancellor (Feb 2020?). It certainly felt like there was an element of PR company backing behind him from the early days of his Chancellorship.

Incidentally, one thing I will genuinely give the Tories credit for is that as many as eight of the candidates (assuming Patel runs) come from ethnic minorities - wonder what one of the main contributors to this thread makes of that?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sunak has seemed to be fighting a leadership campaign since the moment he was appointed Chancellor (Feb 2020?). It certainly felt like there was an element of PR company backing behind him from the early days of his Chancellorship.

Incidentally, one thing I will genuinely give the Tories credit for is that as many as eight of the candidates (assuming Patel runs) come from ethnic minorities - wonder what one of the main contributors to this thread makes of that?
    It is good to see a broad reflection of society. That said, they would no doubt all state that it is irrelevent, rather than using their identities it as a means to gather support, and that also deserves credit in my book. ie, the focus is on them, not their background

Quote Originally Posted by Tito Fuente View Post
    I'm not even sure that moderators read the politics forum. I'm "gaslighting" you now, am I? The victim complex you have is very telling. You were neglected as a child (and unloved as an Incel adult) is my guess. Yes, I am capable of pseudo-psychological diagnoses too.

You're deflecting to avoid talking about white Catholic terrorism in the UK again because it doesn't suit your narrative that terrorism is only committed by brown people.

The 1927 post obviously wasn't supposed to be taken seriously I was just pointing out the coincidence that your username contained the date of the Nazi party's most infamous rally which featured a certain Adolf Hitler (I don't know why I'm explaining that to you, your copy of Mein Kampf is probably in need of replacing due to excessive wear and tear).

I'm done with this conversation and this forum. You were wrong about me trying to "manipulate the moderators". I'm not happy about being a member of a forum which allows hate speech to be freely voiced.

The moderators can choose what they allow to be posted but it doesn't mean that I have to be associated with it.

Not very Machiavellian of me, is it? (Rhetorical question).

Adiós.
    You clearly made an appeal to the moderators because someone has a differing opinion. Nobody will associate you with any views other than your own, thats how it works in a public space and you know it. Plus, you are anonymous.

No victim complex, Questioning someones sanity and making allegations then reeling back, claiming it were a joke is an attempt to gaslight.

The difference between my assessment and yours, you're wildly speculating about my childhood and whether i have sex or not. I pointed out your Machiavellian behaviour in this thread.

There's no such thing as Irish Catholic terrorism, you're making terms up lol

The IRA and Sinn Fein are Nationalists, they wanted independence and a unified Ireland. That's it. I do not condone They're bombing campaign. From what i can tell, Sinn Fein are pro abortion and pro gay marriage. Not very Catholic of them is it. Also, From what i can tell from afar, they do not oppose mass immigration from the 3rd world, most of whom are not Catholic.

Sad that you quit, but I won't miss your baseless allegations.

Adios.

The only Oscars in that sad lot was Oscar Pistorius!

Latest YouGov poll for the Times ranking the 11 declared Tory leadership cnadidates. Top 3:

3. Rishi Sunak (13%)

2. Don't know (28%)

1. None of the above (30%)

I'd be more interested in their real agendas, not their stated agendas, and if they can fulfil their promises.

Their real agendas are all the same, and primitive in their simplicity ... MONEY, POWER, STATUS. Some things never change

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Their real agendas are all the same, and primitive in their simplicity ... MONEY, POWER, STATUS. Some things never change
    Exactly, and some on the list seem to be under the influence of the WEF.

Be fair, they are all also desperate to cut the taxes the Opposition parties (I.e. the ones not in Government) raised recently,

And this of course refers to all parties nit just the tories.

Don't you agree?

You do love your twitter Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    And this of course refers to all parties nit just the tories.

Don't you agree?
    Absolutely not!!!

Be fair, they are all also desperate to cut the taxes the Opposition parties (I.e. the ones not in Government) raised recently,
    And yet, despairingly, there will still be a sizeable tranche of people taken in by these charlatans. I'm just hoping it's not a majority next time.

Absolutely not!!!
    So you reckon all Labour,Lib Dems et al are all noble beings who do not do the job for money power and status????

So you reckon all Labour,Lib Dems et al are all noble beings who do not do the job for money power and status????
    Definitely the vast majority of Labour and probably more of the Lib Dems than the Tory shite. Naturally I wouldn't expect you to concur. It's an old Tory trick to try to tar everyone with the same brush when they are caught with their pants down. That disingenuous line of attack will do no good for any of us; all it will do is continue to undermine confidence in democratic politics.

Power corrupts , we have seen that from all sides of the politcial void .. We get to hear the Tories noise as they are in power and under much more scrutiny ..

Folks post anti Tory stuff but not so the Labour issues ..

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...nt-allegations

A dozen senior Labour women have called on the party to end its use of confidentiality agreements to “cover up” allegations of sexual harassment, saying the treatment of two former staffers was appalling.

Laura Murray, Labour’s ex-head of complaints, and Georgie Robertson, who worked in the party’s press office, said they refused to sign the agreements after reporting an official for “inappropriate” and “possessive” behaviour.

Their lawyer argued the use of the contract violated Labour’s own policy on non-disclosure agreements (NDAs).

After the BBC revealed Murray and Robertson’s allegations, Labour was urged to apologise to them and stop offering confidentiality agreements to those who made accusations of sexual harassment.

A lot of problems exists as well at the local council end of the politcial world including Labour , we only here about the Tories as there in power and under the spot light

Definitely the vast majority of Labour and probably more of the Lib Dems than the Tory shite. Naturally I wouldn't expect you to concur. It's an old Tory trick to try to tar everyone with the same brush when they are caught with their pants down. That disingenuous line of attack will do no good for any of us; all it will do is continue to undermine confidence in democratic politics.
    The only way I can conclude you have this view is that you are ignorant, probably because you only follow the media you agree with, so your views are never challenged.

It's natural the focus is on the party of government, and it's true, the Tories are on a bad run of indescretions, but they absolutely apply to all parties, you just aren't paying attention.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Power corrupts , we have seen that from all sides of the politcial void .. We get to hear the Tories noise as they are in power and under much more scrutiny ..

Folks post anti Tory stuff but not so the Labour issues ..

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...nt-allegations

A dozen senior Labour women have called on the party to end its use of confidentiality agreements to “cover up” allegations of sexual harassment, saying the treatment of two former staffers was appalling.

Laura Murray, Labour’s ex-head of complaints, and Georgie Robertson, who worked in the party’s press office, said they refused to sign the agreements after reporting an official for “inappropriate” and “possessive” behaviour.

Their lawyer argued the use of the contract violated Labour’s own policy on non-disclosure agreements (NDAs).

After the BBC revealed Murray and Robertson’s allegations, Labour was urged to apologise to them and stop offering confidentiality agreements to those who made accusations of sexual harassment.

A lot of problems exists as well at the local council end of the politcial world including Labour , we only here about the Tories as there in power and under the spot light
    Just like they did in the nineties, the Tories have become bloated and corrupt after a long period in power (although I don’t remember the nineties lot being as bad as these). All political parties have corrupt people in their ranks, but don’t try and make out they’re all as bad as each other.

A couple of months ago, the Daily Mail ran front page stories for thirteen consecutive days I believe it was about the Labour Party leader concerning an alleged breaking of lock down rules that the police had looked into months earlier and decided to take no action on. Now, after another investigation, the police have confirmed there is no case to answer.

A fortnight or so ago, a story broke about how the lover, now wife, of the then Foreign Secretary, now Prime Minister was caught giving him a blow job by an MP who worked for him at the Foreign Office. Now, I don’t know if that is true or not and I’m sure Johnson wasn’t the first prominent politician to be caught in such a position down the years, but what I want to point out is that this alleged aincident has been all but forgotten now.

I’d say there are three reasons for that, first it was all but ignored by the Tory press, second, it has beenovertaken by events to a large degree and, third, it was just the latest in a long line of scandals, embarrassments, law breaking and sheer ineptitude that has been occurring on what seems almost a weekly basis ever a period of more than two years.

Just imagine if that blow job story had been about a Labour politician, how do believe the Daily Mail would have reacted given how they made a mountain out of a mole hill over Beergate?

There has not been a Government and/or Prime Minister as shoddy and inept as this one in my lifetime and it’s an insult to previous ones, both Conservative and Labour, to make out that this lot represent business as usual.