+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Chaos in Government

Re: Chaos in Government

7 gone so far today..as it says here...Its going to be a long day...

Lee Anderson going is significant. He punches above his weight.

https://order-order.com/2022/07/06/wednesday-live-blog/

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

Rats leaving a sinking ship.

They all knew exactly what Boris was like when they voted him in as leader, all of a sudden they get up on their high horses.
    Don't believe a word of it.

Its not chaos its politics its happened over and over gain through the decades its starts with moans and no confidence, then leaks , then it cabinet resignations who are usually the king makers and leakers , happened in Labour party recently .

Look out for Penney Mordant and Ben Wallace bookie prices..

I've always thought a mix of Corbyn, Brexit , Metropolitan Based Labour , delivered Boris to us .

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

They all knew exactly what Boris was like when they voted him in as leader, all of a sudden they get up on their high horses.
    It is embarrassing

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

And apparently can live on a diet below it!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Its not chaos its politics its happened over and over gain through the decades its starts with moans and no confidence, then leaks , then it cabinet resignations who are usually the king makers and leakers , happened in Labour party recently .

Look out for Penney Mordant and Ben Wallace bookie prices..

I've always thought a mix of Corbyn, Brexit , Metropolitan Based Labour , delivered Boris to us .
    It is chaos - the person in charge creates chaos.

More updates..Most significant:

1140: The Speccie’s James Forsythe reports a senior 1922 executive member tells him “they now favour a delegation going to Johnson to tell him that it is over and that they will change the rules to allow another vote if he doesn’t quit”. #MenInGreySuits

It is sounding to me that the 1922 committee will go to Boris Johnson this week and tell him that unless he resigns the committee will change the rules so they can have another vote and he will be gone anyway.

Apparently this is what Sir Graham Brady told Theresa may before she resigned.

I think Boris will make them change the rules and vote him out. He won't go himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    It is sounding to me that the 1922 committee will go to Boris Johnson this week and tell him that unless he resigns the committee will change the rules so they can have another vote and he will be gone anyway.

I think Boris will make them change the rules and vote him out. He won't go himself.

In a roundabout way, they are probably happy with that. It makes them look determined and successful in getting their end goal

Charge of the lightweight brigade.

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's 2022 , the only way to get these Tories out is for a new centre left alliance to form

It's the only option
    Yep

[/B]

In a roundabout way, they are probably happy with that. It makes them look determined and successful in getting their end goal
    According to Politics live, the 1922 are prpearing for leadership hustings to start on Monday with the two candiatespickedby the recess and the party tovotein a new leader in August.

I suppose that is possible. If he won't go, the 1922 committee could probably change it's rules by tomorrow with a vote on Friday ( which is bad day because most M.P's tend to go back to their constituencies on Friday's) or Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Charge of the lightweight brigade.
    more like charge of the shite bridge

Gove not at PM Questions he is outside Parliament on his phone ??

Gove not at PM Questions he is outside Parliament on his phone ??
    Dealer?

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Dealer?
    no smoke without fire

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It is chaos - the person in charge creates chaos.
    You really suggesting me this has never happened before in the history of political parties in or out of Government.

Labour as the Tories have imploded so many times , the chaos created by the one eyed anti Blair brigade are the reason why we have the Tories , the only difference I can see the Tories seem to recover for these turmoil's sadly Labour has the same wars but slips back in the voters minds , it needs to find a left centrist ground , as that is what this country is , not Corbyn far left or Mogg far right .

I'm sure Sir Kier is doing well today, and I am genuinely happy for him , however lets not fool ourselves and his to think there are folks in Labour wanting his him politics gone and will continue sadly they find the balls to form their own party , Tories did in the name of UKIP ??

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    found the perfect match!

Quote Originally Posted by DryCleaning View Post
    The thing is, they write and talk like this is a new(ish) problem. As an ex Londoner I can tell you it's been like this since the early 2000s. The City and old Fleet Street was the same. I have heard stories of open use at 'the desk' in Westminster though, which is a new development.

You really suggesting me this has never happened before in the history of political parties in or out of Government.

Labour as the Tories have imploded so many times , the chaos created by the one eyed anti Blair brigade are the reason why we have the Tories , the only difference I can see the Tories seem to recover for these turmoil's sadly Labour has the same wars but slips back in the voters minds , it needs to find a left centrist ground , as that is what this country is , not Corbyn far left or Mogg far right .

I'm sure Sir Kier is doing well today, and I am genuinely happy for him , however lets not fool ourselves and his to think there are folks in Labour wanting his him politics gone and will continue sadly they find the balls to form their own party , Tories did in the name of UKIP ??
    I make it Johnson is the thirteenth Prime Minister of my lifetime. I can’t comment on Eden, but have recollections of all of the others and none of them were as corrupt and inept as the current holder of the job.

I make it Johnson is the thirteenth Prime Minister of my lifetime. I can’t comment on Eden, but have recollections of all of the others and none of them were as corrupt and inept as the current holder of the job.
    Corrupt ? Morally perhaps. It just annoys me that the business of governing/running the country is becoming a sideline to personality politics. How long do ministers keep their positions nowadays ? Six months, a year ? How you can run the 6th largest nation like that, heavens knows.

Or as lazy as Johnson.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post

I can't see him quitting either.

This is a fair point