+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Starmer and Rayner cleared.

Starmer and Rayner cleared.

Not sure if that’s good news for Labour.

Re: Starmer and Rayner cleared.

I'd say it is. Not that I'm a fan of Starmer at all, but it would be pretty helpful to the "they're all as bad as each other" brigade if they were fined and Starmer resigned as well.
    If both Labour and the Conservatives were having to select a new leader after one resigned it makes it seem as though there's an equivalence in their actions - which there isn't of course.

Let the Tories choose a new leader and see if they can get the general public to forget the lies and the shambles they've put us through

Smile Re: Starmer and Rayner cleared.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I'd say it is. Not that I'm a fan of Starmer at all, but it would be pretty helpful to the "they're all as bad as each other" brigade if they were fined and Starmer resigned as well.
    If both Labour and the Conservatives were having to select a new leader after one resigned it makes it seem as though there's an equivalence in their actions - which there isn't of course.

Let the Tories choose a new leader and see if they can get the general public to forget the lies and the shambles they've put us through
    It's been tough hasn't it

I’m not too surprised. Keir “party animal” Starmer isn’t exactly an easy picture to imagine.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    It's been tough hasn't it
    Never forget that it was on Johnson’s watch that Bale didn’t sign.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

I’m watching last nights Question Time at the moment and the point was made well that Labour won Wakefield for anti Tory reasons - there was a survey that showed that the first twenty reasons why people switched from the Conservatives were negatives for them, there was nothing indicating that Labour has come up with anything to win them back. For myself, I’m far more an anti Tory now than I am pro Labour.

Starmer has said he has no intention of speaking to the SNP and we’re hearing nothing about altering the current, unfair, first past the post system. Labour and the other opposition parties have it in their power to rout the Tories, but, it’s not going to happen while Labour thinks they can form a majority Government on the back of dissatisfaction with the Conservatives.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    From what I have read over the months that seems to be the right outcome.

But isn't this the police force that also cleared Dominic Cummings?

On balance it is 'good news' for Labour. But I have lost confidence that Labour is 'good news' for us. Better than the Tories but it is a very low bar!

I’m watching last nights Question Time at the moment and the point was made well that Labour won Wakefield for anti Tory reasons - there was a survey that showed that the first twenty reasons why people switched from the Conservatives were negatives for them, there was nothing indicating that Labour has come up with anything to win them back. For myself, I’m far more an anti Tory now than I am pro Labour.

Starmer has said he has no intention of speaking to the SNP and were hearing nothing about altering the current, unfair, first past the post system. Labour and the other opposition parties have it in their power to rout the Tories, but, it’s not going to happen while Labour thinks they can form a majority Government on the back of dissatisfaction with the Conservatives.
    Yeah Starmer just hasn't done anything, really.

Initially I thought he was just keeping his powder dry as to go on a full offensive during the pandemic etc would have turned some voters off, but now I'm wondering if he's got a spark at all.
    I have little doubt he'd be a better prime minister than Boris Johnson, who is a ridiculous man, but I don't think he has the buffoon's ability to inspire people to believe in him.

Even so, the Conservatives main problem at the moment is winning people's confidence back. Starmer and Rayner getting fines and then resigning as well would just hand them a massive open goal to dismiss the whole thing and move on.

Research has shown that the last 18 months before an election are by far the most important, as voters tend to forget what was going on before that, or diminish its importance. As such there will have been little actual benefit for Labour to have been pushing their own ideas up until now, as it just gives them more time to be shot down. I just hope they have actually got something to inspire people when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    From what I have read over the months that seems to be the right outcome.

But isn't this the police force that also cleared Dominic Cummings?

On balance it is 'good news' for Labour. But I have lost confidence that Labour is 'good news' for us. Better than the Tories but it is a very low bar!
    I think it is on balance good news. Hopefully it will shut up many more of the "they're all the same" brigade.

However in my opinion Starmer is a poor choice of Labour leader and there will be a perfect chance to replace him with his head held high when we get to know who the new Tory leader will be. It would be great to have a confident, charismatic progressive leader ready and fired up to start tackling the Tory incumbent.

But that may be sometime in the future. At the moment I'd happily settle for tactical voting to oust these incompetent charlatans. Anything, and I mean anything but the Tories!!!

Starmer and Rayner are hopeless , she's unelectable

Get rid of both of them

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    Starmer and Rayner are hopeless , she's unelectable

Get rid of both of them
    I'd give her one

In the space of 24 hours, it does rather seem that the phrase One rule for us, another for everyone else applies to the Labour Party more now.

Morally, there is no way that travelling across the country and drinking booze and eating pizza in the evening prior to an election with people is less of an issue than people working together in the most important office in the country who are tested daily, sharing a cake.

Nonetheless, there we are.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    In the space of 24 hours, it does rather seem that the phrase One rule for us, another for everyone else applies to the Labour Party more now.

Morally, there is no way that travelling across the country and drinking booze and eating pizza in the evening prior to an election with people is less of an issue than people working together in the most important office in the country who are tested daily, sharing a cake.

I feel your pain. Must be awful for you. Crushed.

Morally, there is no way that travelling across the country and drinking booze and eating pizza in the evening with people is less of an issue than people working together in the most important office in the country who are tested daily, sharing a cake.

What we're Starmer and Rayner celebrating? Was it a colleagues birthday or leaving do, and did it carry on until 3am after one of them had thrown up over the curtains? or were they just eating and a meal and having a drink as the majority of people (who can afford to) do every day?

Of course JW knows more about this case than the Durham Constabulary as he truly is the font of all knowledge

Thoughts and prayers to you at this difficult time.

You forgot to say just how much you don't care about it. You're letting yourself down James.

International

Worst possible result I would have thought, most people think he was the same as Boris, and they were all at it.

Even worse they can't ditch him now for a more appealing leader that could cut through.

He's out of his depth and a boring liability, anyone half decent for the Conservatives would put them in the driving seat.

Interesting couple of months/years.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    Of course JW knows more about this case than the Durham Constabulary as he truly is the font of all knowledge.
    It's obvious that the Met only fined Johnson and his cronies because the force is a corrupt collection of anti-Tory lefties. And the Durham Constabulary only let Starmer and Rayner off because that force is also a corrupt collection anti-Tory lefties. One rule for Labour, another for the Tories. Or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It's obvious that the Met only fined Johnson and his cronies because the force is a corrupt collection of anti-Tory lefties. And the Durham Constabulary only let Starmer and Rayner off because that force is also a corrupt collection anti-Tory lefties. One rule for Labour, another for the Tories. Or something like that.
    😀

International

Played right into their hands the Dailly Mail and Sun can refer back to this for years One rule for them one rule for us could stick, when Ben or Tom can bury it all with Boris and a clean slate.

Boo Hoo.😭

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Played right into their hands the Dailly Mail and Sun can refer back to this for years One rule for them one rule for us could stick, when Ben or Tom can bury it all with Boris and a clean slate.
    ok sure

I wonder if any Tories, who were also fined for breaking lockdown rules, are considering standing for the leadership?

Well quite, The true score should probably be about 5-1 to Boris on FPNs rather than 1-0 based on everything we know.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    What?