+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No mention of Wales beating the World champions in their own back yard

No mention of Wales beating the World champions in their own back yard

Some achievement 👍

Re: No mention of Wales beating the World champions in their own back yard

Wrong board ****o

Fantastic result, was going to mention it but couldn’t be arsed with the saddos that have hatred for a different shaped ball.

Fantastic result and richly deserved especially after last weeks game where a wrong decision in the last minutes cost them dearly. Surprised the Welshness dissappears on here when rugby is mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by William Treseder View Post
    Some achievement 👍
    Great result.

Awful game.

Turned it off after 55 mins.

The stones from Anscombe to knock that conversion over, fair play

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    Great result.

Awful game.

Same here, Wales played far better against a stronger team last week and didn’t get what they deserved. Based on the two thirds of todays game that I watched, the powers that be took pity on them and deemed they had to win this time. Got to be pleased for Anscombe though after what he’s been through in recent years.

Fantastic result. Doesn't matter how they played, it's the result that counts.

I did like Gareth Edwards(I think) comment last week when he said something like 'it's great to see the best 2 front rows in world rugby on the pitch - it's just a shame they're both South African' 😄

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Same here, Wales played far better against a stronger team last week and didn’t get what they deserved. Based on the two thirds of todays game that I watched, the powers that be took pity on them and deemed they had to win this time. Got to be pleased for Anscombe though after what he’s been through in recent years.
    Have to disagree here, Bob. The officials got a decision horrendously wrong to sin-bin Alun Wyn Jones for hands on the floor when it came off the boot of the Bok player. Almost lead to the game going away from Wales.

Awful spectacle of a game. Excellent result.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Fantastic result. Doesn't matter how they played, it's the result that counts.

I did like Gareth Edwards(I think) comment last week when he said something like 'it's great to see the best 2 front rows in world rugby on the pitch - it's just a shame they're both South African' 😄
    His comments in the week were way off the mark though. Saying they disrespected the test by making so many changes, was indicative of all the players from the 60/70s who are out of touch with the modern game.

Granted he'll know more about rugby that I ever will.

Didnt watch the whole game but the bits I did watch were dire.
    Only checked the score after the game had finished and fully expected another loss.

I quite enjoyed last week's game and thought Wales were done over by some poor refereeing.

All to play for next game and Wales need not fear the world champions.
    They aren't a team that gets you off your seat.

One hell of a kick from Anscombe at the death and as has been mentioned, it's all about the result 👏

Looks like Scotland will make it a clean sweep for the Northern Hemisphere.

It was think Wales got stuck behind Ireland win and Eng wins so mot shocked Wales achievement us significant as they are building and SA are alledgly number 1 and they nearly won in the 1st test .

It's good to see Northern Hemisphere doing well..

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Fantastic result, was going to mention it but couldn’t be arsed with the saddos that have hatred for a different shaped ball.
    Wouldn’t let that stop you. It’s not our fault some on here were forced by their nasty PE teachers to play Rugby all those yrs ago.

Great result.

Awful game.

Sounds like watching the City most of last season. Except for the great result bit .😂

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Wrong board ****o
    C’mon Hartley son. You’re better than that.

C’mon Bob. That’s a load of bollux. You don’t get “evening things out” when it comes to Rugby in the Southern Hemisphere.
    The Welsh defence was awesome today.

I saw a comment earlier that this was the first time ever that New Zealand, Australia and South Africa had all lost at home on the same day. Then add in Argentina for the complete pub quiz stat.

Awful game until the last 15-20 minutes. Great win. And only one bad (could have been game changing) refereeing decision this time - unlike the two dreadful calls in the first game.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I saw a comment earlier that this was the first time ever that New Zealand, Australia and South Africa had all lost at home on the same day. Then add in Argentina for the complete pub quiz stat.

Awful game until the last 15-20 minutes. Great win. And only one bad (could have been game changing) refereeing decision this time - unlike the two dreadful calls in the first game.
    Only the third time they've all lost on the same day. 1st time when they've all been home.

Only the third time they've all lost on the same day. 1st time when they've all been home.
    Shows how much of a closed shop rugby is.

C’mon Bob. That’s a load of bollux. You don’t get “evening things out” when it comes to Rugby in the Southern Hemisphere.
    Well, from whst I saw of the two matches we should have won last week and lost yesterday on the balance of play - they were two very close games where the “wrong” team won, so the series is 1-1 and Wales are certainly exceeding my expectations because I thought we were in for three hammerings.

I also agree agree with Harry Paget Flashman regarding Gareth Edwards’ comments on South Africa’s team selection - Wales would have greater cause to moan about South Africashowing disrespect for them if they had not done the exact same thing year in, year out to Italy in the SixNations.

Was last week a far stronger Boks team? Their supporters were piling into me saying this was a team cram full of inform players.
    We beat them and 1-1 is the very least we deserve. Well done Wales. This tour is proving to be far more successful than I had hoped for.

Like others have said a dour game to watch except the last few minutes. Excellent kick to win it.

Far too many stoppages, the first half took nearly an hour to play.

Do you think I meant the game was fixed in some way? I’m sure it wasn’t, what I meant in a joking way was that an authority far higher than us mere mortals decreed that we had to win.

Congratulations Wales ���������������������������� From a extremely proud Welshman who supports Wales ��������������As a team sport and any man woman who compete for ��������������

Why have the Welsh flags I posted come out as a load of question marks