Re: The women are as bad as the men

What were VAR looking at ?

BTW a dreadful song

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post

BTW a dreadful song
    He had a good voice but generally dreadful songs

Liked starstruck with rainbow mind , he belts it out on that and it's a great riff

Saw him at St David's Hall a few times

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post
    Just where we're the Germans ?

Superb finish by the England striker

Could someone please enlighten me as to why in the women's game -
    1. You don't (to my knowledge) see any male officials yet you see some female officials in the men's game?
    2. You see several female commentators and presenters in the men's game, but don't (to my knowledge) see men presenting the women's game?

The summariser on this one though does seem to be writing England's name on the trophy, so there are some things in common.

Quote Originally Posted by ToTaL ITK View Post

BTW a dreadful song
    I like it and he did have a cracking voice

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    1. You don't (to my knowledge) see any male officials yet you see some female officials in the men's game?
    2. You see several female commentators and presenters in the men's game, but don't (to my knowledge) see men presenting the women's game?

The summariser on this one though does seem to be writing England's name on the trophy, so there are some things in common.
    I take part 2 back now its half time 🙂

The standard of the women's game has come on leaps and bounds

I used to tune in for a laugh as it was a complete shambles , 20 outfield players chasing the ball around like ferrets

But now it's feckin hell great pass , what a goal , great defending 👏

Quote Originally Posted by billy.ronson View Post

It probably wasn't the ball, if men are in charge of it ! Plus, in the womens game, which part of the anatomy counts when they judge offside because there is bound to be something in front of the shoulder or foot, in most cases

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

I used to tune in for a laugh as it was a complete shambles , 20 outfield players chasing the ball around like ferrets

But now it's feckin hell great pass , what a goal , great defending 👏
    10 years ago I went to some of the Womens Olympic football at the millennium. The fitness, skill and professionalism has come on leaps and bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    3. You don’t see them taking their shirts off when they score

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post

But now it's feckin hell great pass , what a goal , great defending ��
    if only we had twenty ferrets eh ?

This over-promotion of women's sport is getting on my tits. Yes, I know I'm being sexist but c'mon should it get equal coverage as the men's game?

Quote Originally Posted by Seabird View Post
    This over-promotion of women's sport is getting on my tits. Yes, I know I'm being sexist but c'mon should it get equal coverage as the men's game?
    Amen!

1) why would it bother you, surely as a football fan it's a good thing if the women's game improves and gets more visibility - more football to watch with a whole new set of dynamics to get interested in.
    AFAIK you don't get tennis fans complaining about women's tennis. Every single women tennis player would get destroyed by the men who go out in the first round, but people still enjoy watching women's tennis, raducanu at the us open was very exciting to watch.

2) it absolutely does NOT get equal coverage as men's football. it probably currently gets about 10% of the coverage the men get

The scores are high , as they cant defend that well , the keepers well pretty average , going forward seems to see the better side of the skill in the game ..

I cant watch 90 minutes though just highlights for me , same with Babe Station

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    1) why would it bother you, surely as a football fan it's a good thing if the women's game improves and gets more visibility - more football to watch with a whole new set of dynamics to get interested in.
    AFAIK you don't get tennis fans complaining about women's tennis. Every single women tennis player would get destroyed by the men who go out in the first round, but people still enjoy watching women's tennis, raducanu at the us open was very exciting to watch.

2) it absolutely does NOT get equal coverage as men's football. it probably currently gets about 10% of the coverage the men get
    I don't entirely disagree with you, and I am off to a semi final in a couple of weeks and went to watch Team GB women in the olympics etc, so I'm quite demonstrably supportive of the womens game.

The annoying thing is the feeling of social engineering. They know that people are much less interested in it, but they still present the stories as if they are, often above, for example, Welsh rugby etc. That is just a little annoying.

I recollect the prominence they gave the last day of the WPL season over and above some big domestic rugby games.

Also, as much as a football fan as I am, I watch enough as it is. I'd probably be more interested to see greater promotion of the professional netball league etc.

That said, it's all great to see big crowds and women able to fulfill their dreams and get paid for doing what they love.

Rjk, do you think the prize money should be equal for women and men at Wimbledon?

Rjk, do you think the prize money should be equal for women and men at Wimbledon?
    I bet you’re a proper miserable bastard

Spot on, Rudy. A right miserable ****er.

not something I've given a huge amount of thought to but sure why not

The over-hyping of the women's game looks silly at times. It's a very,very poor substitute for the men's game. Watching it is like one on those charity matches you get with a mix of celebrities and retired pros. The standard is on a par, too.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The over-hyping of the women's game looks silly at times. It's a very,very poor substitute for the men's game. Watching it is like one on those charity matches you get with a mix of celebrities and retired pros. The standard is on a par, too.
    Why the comparison with men's Football?