+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: RIP Larry Storch

RIP Larry Storch

Reached the grand age of 99 aand nthen passed peacefullyb in his sleep

Many of you may say Larry who, but those of my generation will remember F Troop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihcd1XInF24

Re: RIP Larry Storch

That series was well ahead of its time.

RIp corporal Agarn

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Reached the grand age of 99 aand nthen passed peacefullyb in his sleep

Many of you may say Larry who, but those of my generation will remember F Troop

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihcd1XInF24
    He will be missed by many Millwall fans.

A brilliant comedy character. F Troop was superb. Still watch it now and again on you tube.

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    A brilliant comedy character. F Troop was superb. Still watch it now and again on you tube.
    Where the heck are we?

I remember watching these US comedies like Gilligan's Island & Car 54 where Are You. Some really great comedy actors Joe Ross & Al Lewis (had to google). Larry most definitely amongst them. RIP corporal.

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Foggon View Post
    I remember watching these US comedies like Gilligan's Island & Car 54 where Are You. Some really great comedy actors Joe Ross & Al Lewis (had to google). Larry most definitely amongst them. RIP corporal.
    And some turkeys like My Mother The Car.

Quote Originally Posted by bobh View Post
    And some turkeys like My Mother The Car.
    No, wasn't a big Mr Ed fan either.

Beverley Hillbillies was another fine comedy…..the swimming pool=the ceeement pond

Quote Originally Posted by Fatty Foggon View Post
    Some years ago, I read David Halberstam’s book “The Fifties.” Somewhere along the way he mentioned Newton Minow’s famous observation that this newfangled thing called television was a “vast wasteland.” Exhibit Number One for Minow was “The Beverly Hillbillies,” which he thought was asinine and mindless. I thought then, as I think now, that it was a brilliant show, not just funny but full of wordplay worthy of the Marx Brothers. The Beverly Hillbillies, Car 54, F Troop, so many really. They all made me laugh, and I can’t ask better than that.

Beverley Hillbillies was another fine comedy…..the swimming pool=the ceeement pond

Guest: "Do you realise that we're eating on a billiard table?"
    Jed:"Yeh. this is a billy-yard table, in a billy-yard room, so I guess that up there (pointing to a Rhino head trophy) is a billy-yard"