+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Just met G

Just met G

B0FB82E8-20B3-418C-8EEC-9E795CE6BE0A.jpg

Rest day today and they were off on a training run.

Top bloke

Re: Just met G

SPOT

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    B0FB82E8-20B3-418C-8EEC-9E795CE6BE0A.jpg

Rest day today and they were off on a training run.

Top bloke
    Legend. Doubt he’ll win, but looking in good shape to podium!

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    SPOT

On yer bike!

Got an each way on him at 33s so hope his solid form continues.

Also hope your trip is going well

Geraint and Team Sky are clearly looking to podium and not for the tour victory. I would be surprised if they tried to attack Pogacar who just looks unshakeable at the moment, and are just working on consolidating their position against the juggernaut team Jumbo Visma.

Caught a bit of the tour on Saturday as they came into Lausanne. Quite the spectacle that day, always good fun watching that race.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
    Got an each way on him at 33s so hope his solid form continues.

Also hope your trip is going well
    Cheers mate! Got quite excited and when I spoke to G in my natural accent got a big smile. You can take the boy out of Cardiff but ......l

Race starts 1.30 local time here tomorrow and I'll be there

Quote Originally Posted by SuisseBluebird View Post
    Geraint and Team Sky are clearly looking to podium and not for the tour victory. I would be surprised if they tried to attack Pogacar who just looks unshakeable at the moment, and are just working on consolidating their position against the juggernaut team Jumbo Visma.

Caught a bit of the tour on Saturday as they came into Lausanne. Quite the spectacle that day, always good fun watching that race.
    They have 3 riders in top ten, they will sacrifice 1 or 2 of them to stretch UAE and Pog in the Alps, why you think they ae just trying to podium i dont know!

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    They have 3 riders in top ten, they will sacrifice 1 or 2 of them to stretch UAE and Pog in the Alps, why you think they ae just trying to podium i dont know!
    The cobble stage, stage 5. Jumbo were in all sorts of trouble that day. Ineos' Geraint Thomas also got caught up that day behind the Bahrain riders, whereas Pogacar managed to evade all the crashes and thanks to some dubious assistance from Bettiol managed to gap Ineos' and Jumbo team.

But the reason this made me feel that Ineos are focused on podium as opposed to race victory is that during the mayhem when Jonas had a mechanical and panicked and tried to take Hooydonck's bike, who is like a foot taller than him, Bora pushed and so did Ineos. However once Jonas was back on, Ineos refused to pull and with Pogacar up the road gapping everyone, they made no effort to contribute to try to pull back some time.

Hold onto third place and hope that Pogacar and Vingegaard fail a Covid test = job done.

Quote Originally Posted by Grangenders View Post
    Hold onto third place and hope that Pogacar and Vingegaard fail a Covid test = job done.
    Pog has lost his top domestique to covid so the Alps might get interesting!