+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: Bale vs Scotland 2012

  1. #1

    Bale vs Scotland 2012

    At the peak of his powers, what a dream to watch. The way he takes the ball off the free kick taker and sticks it in the top corner that far out, from that angle. One of the best goals Iíve seen live.

    What a performance. Nice tune too..

    https://twitter.com/viva_bale/status...U1GuNoq4-LkosQ

  2. #2

    Re: Bale vs Scotland 2012

    I've never seen that winning goal until now. Might explain my lack of interest in the national team at the time. Sensational! He's spotted a gap then, when he thinks he might be challenged, decides to let fly. He scored so many like it, yet mere mortal footballers would be lucky to hit one in a career.

  3. #3

    Re: Bale vs Scotland 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I've never seen that winning goal until now. Might explain my lack of interest in the national team at the time. Sensational! He's spotted a gap then, when he thinks he might be challenged, decides to let fly. He scored so many like it, yet mere mortal footballers would be lucky to hit one in a career.
    Hope that you don't drop your interest when we are shite next time.

  4. #4

    Re: Bale vs Scotland 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Hope that you don't drop your interest when we are shite next time.
    Why not?

  5. #5

    Re: Bale vs Scotland 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Hope that you don't drop your interest when we are shite next time.
    What interests me at any point in time, or vice versa, is piss all to do with you.

  6. #6

    Re: Bale vs Scotland 2012

    As noted in another thread, Morison started upfront for us in that game.

  7. #7

    Re: Bale vs Scotland 2012

    Thanks for the reminder of his greatness, that is unreal!

  8. #8

    Re: Bale vs Scotland 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    What interests me at any point in time, or vice versa, is piss all to do with you.
    I'm not sure "and vice versa" makes sense in that sentence 🤔

  9. #9

    Re: Bale vs Scotland 2012

    That's not once in a generation. It's once in a lifetime. Maybe once in a hundred years. What a ****ing player. Baller.

  10. #10

    Re: Bale vs Scotland 2012

    He probably saved Coleman’s job that night.

  11. #11

    Re: Bale vs Scotland 2012

    Seeing the shadow of a player he is now it's almost possible to forget just how amazing he was for a few years. Quite possibly (definitely for me) 3rd best in the world for a while.

    I don't mean shadow disparagingly either, he's still comfortably our best player and could do a job for us for a few years if he wanted to. But he's a massively different player to that Bale, still capable of moments though.

    Such a shame we haven't mastered cloning.

  12. #12

    Re: Bale vs Scotland 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    He probably saved Coleman’s job that night.
    Yes. Another that springs to mind is Andorra(I think) away.

    What a player!

  13. #13

    Re: Bale vs Scotland 2012

    I had such a great view of that, right behind the goal at the perfect angle

  14. #14

    Re: Bale vs Scotland 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    What interests me at any point in time, or vice versa, is piss all to do with you.
    Of course.
    I just hope fans stick with Wales and City through the bad times...hardly unreasonable.

  15. #15

    Re: Bale vs Scotland 2012

    At that stage, we were as close as being a ďone man teamĒ that youíll ever get.

  16. #16

    Re: Bale vs Scotland 2012

    It's up to him but what a complete load of arse to see him play in the states

    I would have preferred to see him have a side show role in a Premier league club than ponce about over there .

    It's a joke really , it's all a sham .

  17. #17

    Re: Bale vs Scotland 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's up to him but what a complete load of arse to see him play in the states

    I would have preferred to see him have a side show role in a Premier league club than ponce about over there .

    It's a joke really , it's all a sham .
    Why?

    If heís not doing it for the WC then America is the obvious place

  18. #18

    Re: Bale vs Scotland 2012

    Quote Originally Posted by WJ99mobile View Post
    Why?

    If he’s not doing it for the WC then America is the obvious place
    Exactly, if I was a 32 year old multi millionaire with a World Cup coming up who's won pretty much everything at club level then I'd 100% rather go and have a great time playing in California than I would playing for Newcastle or warming Spurs's bench

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •