+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PRIME DAY

PRIME DAY

Dont forget folks its Amazon Prime day ( I know Amazon are evil and we should boycott them blah blah bah )

anyways

picks for me,

fire stick lite, 13 quid
    fire stick 18 quid
    fire stick 4K 23 quid

Fire hd 8 tablet, 35 quid ( which is a great price for a 8" fire tablet )

Re: PRIME DAY

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Dont forget folks its Amazon Prime day ( I know Amazon are evil and we should boycott them blah blah bah )

anyways

picks for me,

fire stick lite, 13 quid
    fire stick 18 quid
    fire stick 4K 23 quid

The 8 inch fire is only a bit bigger than a mobile phone

The 10 inch fire was good value

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    The 8 inch fire is only a bit bigger than a mobile phone

The 10 inch fire was good value
    yep the 10" is 80 quid a fair drop from the 150 is normally is ( and I dont think worth 150 )

anyways

picks for me,

fire stick lite, 13 quid
    fire stick 18 quid
    fire stick 4K 23 quid

Why do you want to buy 3 Firesticks?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post
    no, they were the tech stand outs for me, as in they look a good buy if you need any of them ( we often have people ask on here )

I did grab a Fire stick lite, as our old Nowtv stick died christmas time, so used the spare fire stick we had, always good to have a spare for 13 quid

no, they were the tech stand outs for me, as in they look a good buy if you need any of them ( we often have people ask on here )

I did grab a Fire stick lite, as our old Nowtv stick died christmas time, so used the spare fire stick we had, always good to have a spare for 13 quid
    I don't even know what a fire stick does or a now TV stick

yep the 10" is 80 quid a fair drop from the 150 is normally is ( and I dont think worth 150 )
    I think for 150 quid it's the best basic tablet there is

nudge nude wink wink, all your sport and films and 3000 channels cheap. but you didn't hear it from me

think of it as turning your TV into a smart TV ( with all the apps, netflix, Disney plus, Prime etc etc )

Quote Originally Posted by Ribeye View Post
    nudge nude wink wink, all your sport and films and 3000 channels cheap. but you didn't hear it from me
    of course you can always use them to run a IPTV and get plenty of cheap channels

of course you can always use them to run a IPTV and get plenty of cheap channels
    What channels matt?
    Is kit only the firestick it can be used for?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan Lung View Post

I got three fire sticks. Paid £54 for the 4k max a couple of months ago. Prime day would have suited me if I knew back then

I loves gadgets

IPTV is good fun to play with, but I still pay for my proper tv subscriptions.

For all its critics you can't fault Amazon for making the market place competitive , and it's a huge employer in the UK

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    For all its critics you can't fault Amazon for making the market place competitive , and it's a huge employer in the UK
    It so good an employer, they are worried that by 2024 they'll run out of Warehouse workers in US

Are you tastier than rump ?

Just ordered the 4k max firestick..32.99..my man says that's the best one atm for nudge nudge

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    Just ordered the 4k max firestick..32.99..my man says that's the best one atm for nudge nudge
    Nvidia shield is probably the best for that sort of thing , but a lot more expensive

Quote Originally Posted by kendoddsdadsdogsdead View Post
    ive got the 4k max and 4k versions. dont notice any difference to be honest.

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/echo-auto...1251_706623721

This looks interesting, adding Alexa to your car, only 20 quid in the prime sale

anyone got one of these ? ? ?

https://smile.amazon.co.uk/echo-auto...1251_706623721

This looks interesting, adding Alexa to your car, only 20 quid in the prime sale

anyone got one of these ? ? ?
    I was trying to decide whether to get one or not, again not sure so read some reviews/YouTube videos.
    It seems ok, however I can use the Google smart function on my phone and have that through a 3.5mm jack in the car.
    It seems to me the echo auto would just be setting that will do the same as the Google functionality on my android phone.

Quote Originally Posted by GL1Blue View Post
    I was trying to decide whether to get one or not, again not sure so read some reviews/YouTube videos.
    It seems ok, however I can use the Google smart function on my phone and have that through a 3.5mm jack in the car.
    It seems to me the echo auto would just be setting that will do the same as the Google functionality on my android phone.
    Im very tempted, at 20 quid its not a massive risk and if no god will just end up in the " rubbish tech drawer, that I thought might be decent, but was crap "

Im very tempted, at 20 quid its not a massive risk and if no god will just end up in the " rubbish tech drawer, that I thought might be decent, but was crap "
    I thought the same but my rubbish tech drawer / stuff that will be repaired one day is too big already!!

Quote Originally Posted by C1C9F2C7 View Post
    ive got the 4k max and 4k versions. dont notice any difference to be honest.
    I was just following his instructions..he said the one we've had for ages wouldn't be any good for nudge nudge

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Lol
    It employs a lot of people approx 70k plus those on zero/ franchise contracts which there are many .

I know two who worked in the new Amazon depot over the bridge full time and are not badly at £14 a hour however they get every penny out of them ( old skool management )

I have a friend who drives for them as a self employed in the evenings , average about for £70 a night for 3 hours it tops his minimum wage day job up its a strange one you get hourly rate job you bid for it starts at £13 / 14 an hour but can go up to £22 an hour when the pressure is on and they can't move the goods .

You may not like their model , buy they do help the economy , one could argue they help the poorer or less mobile in society by delivering to their door at cheaper prices ? the zero contract jobs also helps those that want flexible working like evenings to fit around childcare or need top up money so there partner can stay home ..