+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sheyi Ojo - CONFIRMED

Sheyi Ojo - CONFIRMED

Where is he .
    Is he coming.

Re: Ojo ??

Ojo was a man who thought he walked alone.
    But he knew it couldn't last
    Ojo left his home on Mersey
    For some Sloper grass
    Get back, get back
    Get back to where you once belonged
    Get back, get back
    Get back to where you once belonged
    Get back Ojo

Interesting one, not sure though. Morison must feel he can get more from him, he has something but not sure if it’s enough.

O f***ing no

I think he's half decent at this level , he can cut inside and score , got great pace , take him before Whyte .

I hope this happens.

I like Ojo - he did pretty well for us, if not so much on his other loans.

A bit inconsistent, but there is a player there. The way Morison is trying to get us to play will suit him.

Good signing on a free.

You lot are frigging kidding yourselves !!!!

His positional and defensive play is crap

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    O f***ing no
    😂😂😂😂😂

Bit confused to folks reaction to this signing If it happens :

Had his contract renewed by Liverpool many times unless he signed a 11 yes deal . they paid 2 million allegedly, to beat off a lot of clubs like Chelsea ??
    Played 41 times for England from U16 right through to U21 scoring 6 times .
    Played for us 41 times scoring 5 goals .
    Played many games at a good level with Fulham,Wolves, Rangers

Done deal. 2 year contract.

https://www.cardiffcityfc.co.uk/news...heyi-ojo-signs

Cardiff City FC are delighted to confirm that Sheyi Ojo has re-joined the club on a two-year contract, subject to clearance.

The 25-year-old returns to Cardiff City Stadium for a second spell with the Bluebirds, having spent the 2020/21 campaign on loan in the Welsh capital.

During that time, the former England U21 international scored five goals and recorded seven assists in 41 City appearances, helping to secure valuable points against Preston North End, Middlesbrough, Barnsley and Rotherham United.

A product of the Liverpool Academy, Ojo made his First Team debut for the Reds in January 2016 before going on to gain Championship experience with the likes of Wolverhampton Wanderers, Fulham and, most recently, Millwall.

The winger, who departed Anfield after eleven years earlier this summer, has put pen to paper on a deal which will keep him at CCS until the summer of 2024.

After completing his move to South Wales, Sheyi said: “I really enjoyed myself last time I was here, and I’ve got some unfinished business to do. I’m really looking forward to the season, and I hope we can do some special things.

“I didn’t actually get to see the fans last time I was here, so I’m really looking forward to that. The one thing that was missing last time was the fans, so I’m excited for the first game.

“I’m excited to train with the boys, and get stuck in. I know a few of the boys already, so I’m really looking forward to it. Off the pitch, I’ve got some close friends who live here as well, and I really liked being in Cardiff last time I was here.”

Steve Morison commented: “Sheyi adds to that top end of the pitch and gives us some extra quality up there. He’s got lots of power and pace, and I’m very excited to see him in action.

“He was very good when he was here on loan, but I think there’s more to come from him. I liked him when I first saw him, and when the opportunity came up to bring him to the Club permanently, it was a no brainer.

“It’s a permanent transfer for him, and he’s at an age now where he has a real chance to bed in, be somewhere, and make it his home.”

Re: Sheyi Ojo - CONFIRMED

Quality signing in my opinion.

I really like him so excited by that but also excited to see Bluetit have a meltdown every time he does the slightest thing wrong
    😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I thought he was pretty decent for us last time round.
    Already knows how to do the ayatollah too, which is a bonus 😁

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    I hope this happens.

I like Ojo - he did pretty well for us, if not so much on his other loans.

A bit inconsistent, but there is a player there. The way Morison is trying to get us to play will suit him.
    I quite like him too and it’s not a bad signing. I’m glad he’s not another loan.

Only a two year contract as opposed to the three mentioned in that Daily Mail. Pleased with our last three signings.

Excellent signing.

Now to get to work on his defensive duties and positional awareness!

Excellent signing

Chuffed on this with his pace I'm not worried about him defending it's the other end of the field where we should hope he delivers in ..

I'm sure when we enquired about 2 years ago Scousers wanted millions to sign him, 2 years on he's on's free .

“I didn’t actually get to see the fans last time I was here, so I’m really looking forward to that. The one thing that was missing last time was the fans, so I’m excited for the first game.

I'm well happy with this. I thought he had a good spell with us last time, and you feel there's more in there. Hopefully Morison can get it out of him.

We knew there would be an overhaul but I didn't expect so many good signings. Fair play to the club, I'm more excited for the coming season than I have been for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

Let's hope Bluetitt doesn't sit to near the pitch side?