+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wales World Cup Trainers, get 'em while they're hot!

Wales World Cup Trainers, get 'em while they're hot!

Re: Wales World Cup Trainers, get 'em while they're hot!

Those are absolutely disgusting

Well they’re certainly not subtle.... Not the sort of thing I’d wear but I do like them

I hate the writing at the back, without that they'd be almost wearable

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    I only found out recently that there are collectors of trainers who never wear them. I watched a documentary about a guy who filled his house with Hot Wheels cars all in their original boxes and people laughed at him for decades and thought he was a nutter. He's worth millions now!
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 12-07-22 at 13:56. Reason: Why can't I spell anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Got to agree they are totally naff

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yeah that's the worst bit, I love a bit of yma o hyd but it's being flogged for all its worth, saw this yesterday for crying out loud

https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMNPrUB7a/?k=1

Wonder if there's any trademark breaches using the dragon badge, or the words Yma O Hyd?

Still, at least they're nicer than the latest Yeezy's

https://www.antonioli.eu/en/GB/men/p...RoC0J4QAvD_BwE

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I only found out recently that there are collectors of trainers who never wear them. I watched a documentary about a guy who filled his house with Hot Wheels cars all in their original boxes and people laughed at him for decades and thought he was a nutter. He's worth millions now!
    I went through a spell of collecting Adidas trainers, still got a load up the attic, boxed and unworn

used to have a few on here who also did, Ernie Trim Trabbs was one, think the other was Jeepers ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Wonder if there's any trademark breaches using the dragon badge, or the words Yma O Hyd?
    Probably, but they're only making 50 pairs (allegedly) so I think there's a calculation going on along the lines that they'll have packed up production by the time a Cease And Desist notice comes through (which I think is about as much as they'd get for this).

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    got to agree, without the words they certainly are wearable and would get your noticed

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    I went through a spell of collecting Adidas trainers, still got a load up the attic, boxed and unworn

used to have a few on here who also did, Ernie Trim Trabbs was one, think the other was Jeepers ? ?
    It's amazing just how valuable these things can be in the future. I find it fascinating.

I think they sold out pretty quickly. WOuld have been a nice World Cup souvenir .

It's amazing just how valuable these things can be in the future. I find it fascinating.
    they drive my wife mad, we moved just before Covid pandemic hit and I dont think she realised how many boxes I had ( she didnt see them all as I hide some in bigger moving boxes before she saw them )

though to be honest that wasn't the end of her rants, I had a spell collecting " signed movie posters " ( this was just before my oldest was born, I always wanted a signed star wars poster, she said " when the baby arrives we won't be able to afford it, so get one now, I did, but didnt stop at one ) they seemed to annoy her more than the trainers

These trainers may be the straw that breaks the Qatar World Cup for me.

they drive my wife mad, we moved just before Covid pandemic hit and I dont think she realised how many boxes I had ( she didnt see them all as I hide some in bigger moving boxes before she saw them )

though to be honest that wasn't the end of her rants, I had a spell collecting " signed movie posters " ( this was just before my oldest was born, I always wanted a signed star wars poster, she said " when the baby arrives we won't be able to afford it, so get one now, I did, but didnt stop at one ) they seemed to annoy her more than the trainers
    Who signed your Star Wars poster?

Ha, ha! Yeah, I feel your pain. The only real obsession I've still got is driving/racing games going back decades. I've even had to create spreadsheets just because I couldn't remember which ones I had, there are over 1000. Luckily Mrs CN is very supportive of this but the football collection had to go when we moved. I almost checked into The Priory to get over that.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparticus_Mills View Post
    Who signed your Star Wars poster?
    the 1st was a New hope and most of the stars did, Hammill, Ford, Fisher, Oz, earl jones, Baker, Daniels, Prowse, ( pretty sure Gunniess is on it aswell )

then I went down the list and got the newer films, ( ep 1 - 3 ) Phantom has McGregor, Portman, Oz, Baker and daniels, Neelson ( might be some others, think Palpatine is one )

I must admit, I haven't got 7 - 9, which is a shame as it would be good to get the full set ( I must resist )

got the original fast and furious one aswell

They will look great in a home cinema room, but till then, they are rolled up and staying safe from the sun

I'd wear 'em but only if they were a realistic price, plus only whilst the WC is actually taking place or perhaps other Wales games, if they lasted that long!

£165, although not a huge amount compared to the price youngsters are willing to pay for trainers these days, is double what I'd be prepared to pay for a pair of sneakers.

Look more like Aldi than Adidas

They are shite

the 1st was a New hope and most of the stars did, Hammill, Ford, Fisher, Oz, earl jones, Baker, Daniels, Prowse, ( pretty sure Gunniess is on it aswell )

then I went down the list and got the newer films, ( ep 1 - 3 ) Phantom has McGregor, Portman, Oz, Baker and daniels, Neelson ( might be some others, think Palpatine is one )

I must admit, I haven't got 7 - 9, which is a shame as it would be good to get the full set ( I must resist )

got the original fast and furious one aswell

They will look great in a home cinema room, but till then, they are rolled up and staying safe from the sun
    Very envious.

Trainers are people like Lew Clayton...........these are daps.

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    Look more like Aldi than Adidas
    Aldi was my first thought too!

Aldidas.