+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Strikers

Strikers

Seems to have gone quiet on this front, hopefully we are still working hard behind the scenes to get one (or two) in.

What type of striker would you want to see us bringing in?
    I think we need someone with a bit more physical presence, but not necessarily a traditional target man.

Re: Strikers

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Seems to have gone quiet on this front, hopefully we are still working hard behind the scenes to get one (or two) in.

What type of striker would you want to see us bringing in?
    I think we need someone with a bit more physical presence, but not necessarily a traditional target man.
    I was hoping for a young Premier League striker on loan and another one more in the Hugill/Ikpeazu mould but better. I think the chances of the latter happening have declined because I suspect we would have them in by now. As for the former, I think that’s still on, but it’s likely to be pretty close to the window closing before anything happens.

So, I think we definitely need one in quick, but would be happy to have Harris and Watters as the only other options in the short term - I also feel we might see Colwill used in more advanced positions if and when whatever is keeping him out currently has been sorted out.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I was hoping for a young Premier League striker on loan and another one more in the Hugill/Ikpeazu mould but better. I think the chances of the latter happening have declined because I suspect we would have them in by now. As for the former, I think that’s still on, but it’s likely to be pretty close to the window closing before anything happens.

So, I think we definitely need one in quick, but would be happy to have Harris and Watters as the only other options in the short term - I also feel we might see Colwill used in more advanced positions if and when whatever is keeping him out currently has been sorted out.
    Sounds like a little fast Striker he's after, like a young Premier League loan Chopra or McCormack?

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/...rison-24513602

Steve Morison gives transfer hint

Steve Morison has said Cardiff need "a couple more" signings before the transfer window closes.

Cardiff have signed 12 players so far this summer, however no striker has been brought in yet and it is clearly an area in which City want to strengthen.

Some wondered whether there might only be a solitary striker coming through the door, however Morison is confident he can get at least one more through the door in the coming weeks.

READ MORE: Pre-season notebook as new boys show promise, a notable absence and striker's renaissance continues

"We've signed some excellent players," he said after the Cheltenham Town game. "I'm really pleased with the group we have got together.

"There are still a couple of additions needed. We know that and they will happen."

The manager also offered a hint as to the type of player he is looking to add to his group. It is thought Cardiff will continue with their transfer mantra of adding more mobility to the squad and, reading between the lines a little, Morison further corroborated that.

"Physical presence can be construed in lots of different ways. If you outrun someone it doesn't matter how big or strong you are," he added.

"We've highlighted what we want, we know what we want. Everyone has been used to a certain way here for a long time. 'You need a big man here, you need a big man there, you need to do this, you need to do that.' We are changing the narrative, we are trying to change it. Trust us."

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Sounds like a little fast Striker he's after, like a young Premier League loan Chopra or McCormack?

Steve Morison has said Cardiff need "a couple more" signings before the transfer window closes.

Cardiff have signed 12 players so far this summer, however no striker has been brought in yet and it is clearly an area in which City want to strengthen.

Some wondered whether there might only be a solitary striker coming through the door, however Morison is confident he can get at least one more through the door in the coming weeks.

READ MORE: Pre-season notebook as new boys show promise, a notable absence and striker's renaissance continues

"We've signed some excellent players," he said after the Cheltenham Town game. "I'm really pleased with the group we have got together.

"There are still a couple of additions needed. We know that and they will happen."

The manager also offered a hint as to the type of player he is looking to add to his group. It is thought Cardiff will continue with their transfer mantra of adding more mobility to the squad and, reading between the lines a little, Morison further corroborated that.

"Physical presence can be construed in lots of different ways. If you outrun someone it doesn't matter how big or strong you are," he added.

"We've highlighted what we want, we know what we want. Everyone has been used to a certain way here for a long time. 'You need a big man here, you need a big man there, you need to do this, you need to do that.' We are changing the narrative, we are trying to change it. Trust us."

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post

yeah someone like teemu pukki or Dan James aren't big physical players but they do a lot of final third pressures per game - obviously we won't be getting either of those but maybe that's the kind of thing they're thinking of.

You have to assume someone is in the pipeline, as surely we can't start the season with at best two recognised strikers in the team, with very little experience between them?

International

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    You have to assume someone is in the pipeline, as surely we can't start the season with at best two recognised strikers in the team, with very little experience between them?
    I would agree Morisons quote seems directed at a small fast Striker, I think from that he knows who it is and is awaiting confirmation, but thats just my take on it?