+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Open

The Open

Anyone else in to Golf,love the Majors.St Andrews is going to be bone dry and extremely fast.
    I’m going for Bryson DeChambeau EW bet.If he can keep the tee shot straight he really could rip it up 66/1
    Who’s your choice?

Re: The Open

was there in '78 for 4 days. Saw Nakijima [?] take 9 at the 17th, 5 or 6 to get out of the bunker !

Quote Originally Posted by theclaw View Post
    Anyone else in to Golf,love the Majors.St Andrews is going to be bone dry and extremely fast.
    I’m going for Bryson DeChambeau EW bet.If he can keep the tee shot straight he really could rip it up 66/1
    Who’s your choice?
    Surely you don’t need to be that accurate with your driving at St Andrews? DeChambeua is one of those LIV money grabbers isn’t he, anyone but them as far as I’m concerned.

Fancy Fitz or Rory

Who can forget Van De Velde on the last, 3 shots clear at Carnoustie?

St.Andrews is a wolf in sheep clothing. Every shot is a lottery & the tee shot on the 17th, well, ridiculous for mere humans

The LIV players don't seem to be playing well at the majors

Bad 1st hole for Tiger

3 under for Bryson,not to bad first day.

Scott Sheffler for me

Booing of the money boys

Which is fair enough

Welsh golfers seem few and far off the pace. Seem to be lacking some Welsh talent for a while now.

Quote Originally Posted by tricks View Post
    Welsh golfers seem few and far off the pace. Seem to be lacking some Welsh talent for a while now.
    Wales’ most hard working golfer is otherwise engaged in Los Angeles at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    Who can forget Van De Velde on the last, 3 shots clear at Carnoustie?
    https://www.netflix.com/title/80198306

Good watch on the Losers series.

St Andrew’s isn’t looking good. Some of those greens look dreadful.

Quote Originally Posted by cityhammer View Post
    St Andrew’s isn’t looking good. Some of those greens look dreadful.
    agree, looked pretty rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueArmy 86 View Post
    The LIV players don't seem to be playing well at the majors
    Spoke too soon. Dustin co-leading and a few other LIVs going well.

The old course taking a hammering. Over 60 players under par after two rounds. Nowadays there's very little happening off the greens. With the march of club and ball technology it's becoming a glorified putting competition. Still, it suits the American audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The old course taking a hammering. Over 60 players under par after two rounds. Nowadays there's very little happening off the greens. With the march of club and ball technology it's becoming a glorified putting competition. Still, it suits the American audiences.
    I agree, I've barely bothered with it over the last two days - the big hitters can now just whack the ball past the defences links courses had in place to make them a fair contest for all and St Andrews suffers the most out of all of the courses on the Open roster if there is not a decent strength wind blowing to make it the sort of test you'd expect for one of golf's majors.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I agree, I've barely bothered with it over the last two days - the big hitters can now just whack the ball past the defences links courses had in place to make them a fair contest for all and St Andrews suffers the most out of all of the courses on the Open roster if there is not a decent strength wind blowing to make it the sort of test you'd expect for one of golf's majors.
    watching players reach the 18th green off the tee said it all, lost its appeal somewhat.

The ball seems to roll forever, but I’m still enjoying it. Should be a good final day tomorrow. Rory in good shape.

Quote Originally Posted by Taffy Blue in Berkshire View Post
    watching players reach the 18th green off the tee said it all, lost its appeal somewhat.
    I'd love to see the Open moved to October. It's supposed to be the ultimate test of links golf, but when there's no wind, rolling mist or rain, it doesn't really meet the criteria.

Dustin is a good price