+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Cédric Kipré signing confirmed

Cédric Kipré signing confirmed

Season long loan from WBA

Re: Cédric Kipré signing confirmed

Can anyone remember a busier transfer window? It’s going to take me until February learn the players names.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Can anyone remember a busier transfer window? It’s going to take me until February learn the players names.
    Solskjaer when we got relegated possibly?

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Solskjaer when we got relegated possibly?
    Wasn’t paying attention during those dark years so maybe 👍

Not much chat about this, are we all so used to signings by now that we're not bothered anymore?

Don't know much about him, is he any good?

Quote Originally Posted by delmbox View Post
    Not much chat about this, are we all so used to signings by now that we're not bothered anymore?

This dropped into my mailbox yesterday and I thought, there's no point posting it as it'll be up already. I was just like "oh, that's nice, another one"

Edit: I don't know anything about him but I'm pleased he's a CB. He is a CB right?
    Last edited by Citizen's Nephew; 16-07-22 at 10:43. Reason: Grimmer

Too many new signings to keep up with mate haha. I need a long list with photos to start swatting up

He was a regular for Wigan at Championship level in 2019/20. Signed by West Brom for Ł900,000 in September 2020 following Wigan's relegation to League One. Didn't play for them in the Premier League at all and was loaned to Charleroi in Belgium in early 2021, where he played a handful of games.

Made 15 Championship appearances for West Brom last season, but was bombed out after Steve Bruce took over as manager. Started his last game for the Baggies in a 2-0 defeat at Millwall on 29/01/2022.

In 15 Championship appearances for West Brom, he was on the winning side just three times.

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Too many new signings to keep up with mate haha.
    There are a lot of people in the building. Plenty of deals have got over the line. They all wanted to come here and be a part of it.

That thread is two years old.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    That thread is two years old.
    Try looking harder

A few of the more recent posts:

'Looks like from the press, he's potentially on his way out. Never really given a lengthy run in the team so don't know if this is good or bad. We aren't short of centre backs - just not great ones. Seemed stable from what I saw, but like the rest of the squad, didn't set the world on fire.'

'I assume you're being sarcastic there but in all fairness he wasn't that bad a signing. A young centre back who can pass the ball and was part of a Wigan defence that had a lot of clean sheets to it's credit. Our defence was pretty solid when he played for us and he was in danger of being the best passer in the team even if that's not saying much. It's clear that Bruce has preferred Ajayi's pace and it sounds as though Kipre's home location is an issue.'

'Kipre has been fine overall.'

'Be good to move him on. Whilst he's fine on the ball defensively he's our worst defender. His stats aren't good and those stats are backed up by the visuals, he's clumsy.'

'Thought he did ok for us at times. Certainly better distribution wise than others and at bringing the ball out...but he runs like he is in treacle.'

'Found Kipre a proper enigma. At times he looked a real player , at times a schoolboy player and at others he looked like he wouldn’t get into Old Shithousians Sunday XI !'

'I thought Kipre did ok for us to be fair. I don’t think he’s a total disaster by any means and if he could be consistent I think he’d be a really good player. I don’t think he’ll ever get that though.'

Quote Originally Posted by ninian opinian View Post
    Try looking harder
    Apologies. That thread is interesting. Sounds like he can play, but a couple of posts suggest he wasn’t trusted by any of the Baggies managers he played under (and there were a few).

I think this is one of the more promising signings, particularly as the combination of McGuinness and Nelson often looks like an accident waiting to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Morris View Post
    Season long loan from WBA
    It sounds a bit fishy.