+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tommy Doyle.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: Tommy Doyle.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Doyle is a totally different type of player to Whittingham and Mcphail, so a direct comparison is a bit pointless. Plus Doyle was only 20 years old when here. I dare say at 20 that both Whittingham and Mcphail had a fair bit of improving to do and I would believe that Doyle is already showing enough potential to end up better than both. If Whittingham and Mcphail were that good for us, how come no top Premier League side ever came in for them when they were here ? (Dont get me wrong, I liked them both).
    Do you think Doyle will break into the Man City team or become a regular starter for a “top Premier League side”?

I don’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Do you think Doyle will break into the Man City team or become a regular starter for a “top Premier League side”?

I don’t.
    Why have Man City loaned him out then and not sold him ?. They obviously see something in him. He has plenty of time.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Why have Man City loaned him out then and not sold him ?. They obviously see something in him. He has plenty of time.
    if they sold him now it would only be for a couple of million tops. if he turns in to a top player at this level then you're talking 20 million

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    if they sold him now it would only be for a couple of million tops. if he turns in to a top player at this level then you're talking 20 million
    LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    He's got some serious improving to do though. He's good in the final third, very direct, he sees space and attacks it with the ball at his feet. After that, he struggles in my opinion. I don't know what it is, but he doesn't look like the brightest in terms of football intelligence. Without the ball he struggles to get himself in good positions, especially defensively, he has this nasty habit of turning in to the opposition when the better option may be to just hold the ball up and win a foul or wait for support. He's very raw outside of his main attribute, which is attacking the final third. He certainly possesses natural ability, that's for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post

I don’t.
    I’m with you. He’ll potter around on loans and then sign for someone like Norwich

Quote Originally Posted by Des Parrot View Post
    I’m with you. He’ll potter around on loans and then sign for someone like Norwich
    He'll have to develop a fair bit as well. He has no acceleration, he's clever enough to give himself that yard of space but can't speed up in order to go past a player. He's quick on the ball and looks to get things moving quickly, but he just can't penetrate the opposition when he's moving with the ball.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    He'll have to develop a fair bit as well. He has no acceleration, he's clever enough to give himself that yard of space but can't speed up in order to go past a player. He's quick on the ball and looks to get things moving quickly, but he just can't penetrate the opposition when he's moving with the ball.
    He’s neat and tidy but academy football is full of them type of players. He’s got no wow factor like Foden or the lad Palmer at Man City. I will be shocked if he makes the grade at anything above Championship.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    He’s neat and tidy but academy football is full of them type of players.
    Yeah, pretty much how i see it. It looks good, although it doesn't take much to please our fans, but when you're waiting for that little bit more, it doesn't seem to come.