Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
His link up play with Brennan Johnson showed as well that there was more to his game than pure instinct, he suffered in the team last season as we either played incredibly crap hoofball or pretty basic hold it up then get it to the wings, there was very little emphasis on getting the ball down in the middle of the pitch and actually playing, when he was paired with someone who does that in Johnson he shined
It's a good point but I think Johnson is something special and for me, the most exciting Welsh player probably since Bale and is going to have a much bigger career than Colwill. I'm not knocking the lad, I like him, but I'm rooting for him because he's 'one of our own' and not because I think he's got what it takes to kick on. At Cardiff, we don't have players like Johnson so it's all moot anyway. Even when Harry Wilson was here, it was mixed because he didn't have the players around him to shine. Put it this way, Johnson'll be in the shop window if Forest go down this season and I believe will have a great future with the Welsh team and PL (or overseas). My gut says that Colwill will drop off the radar. My heart says, I hope that isn't the case.