+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

40.3 just recorded on Lincolnshire. Very soon people will be saying it will be too hot to host future World Cups in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    40.3 just recorded on Lincolnshire. Very soon people will be saying it will be too hot to host future World Cups in the UK.
    That temperature, as published by Meteo (BBC's current weather prediction provider), is very close to the Met Office's 40.2 degrees recorded at Heathrow.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    I've always said Derek Brockway is the man, and handily he has a screenshot of the 41c predicted for Sheffield yesterday. I think it was on sunday that they also predicted 43c for today

https://twitter.com/DerekTheWeather/...sible-24520665

The actual high in Sheffield was 36c at 5pm -5c below what they predicted.

Again, thats extremely hot, but like I said, it's possible that the predictions were slightly inflated, without questioning the whole premise of man made climate change

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather...ions/gcqzwtdw7
    Sheffield recorded 38.9 degrees at 3.00 pm today - at the ‘official’ Weston Park Weather Station

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Sheffield recorded 38.8 degrees at 4.00 pm today - at the ‘official’ Weston Park Weather Station
    tbf..I feel like we've done this to death now, but indeed, 38.8c is very hot, but it is below 43c which was predicted only two days ago. And that alone was my point.

I hope it is cooler at Brammall Lane, where I shall be next tuesday evening..

JamesWales, I think the BBC forecaster got it spot on here.... https://newsthump.com/2022/07/19/no-...er-forecast-2/

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    JamesWales, I think the BBC forecaster got it spot on here.... https://newsthump.com/2022/07/19/no-...er-forecast-2/
    Absolutely. It is also difficult to know where the parched grass, her flowing blonde locks and her lovely yellow blouse begin and end.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Mate, the Daily Mail is all over it. If you read it, you would know.

BRITAIN BURNS IN 40C.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html
    This was the front page of the daily mail today

https://www.reddit.com/r/unitedkingd...everyone_else/

This is the hottest I can remember , I have had 3 showers today , will need another two

I am drenched and can't cope in temperatures like this . It must be very bad for those in care homes etc

I can't wait till October, I hate this sort of heat

Anyone thinking that it's normal for a city like Sheffield to be hotter than most of the carribean needs to visit their GP

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    This is the hottest I can remember , I have had 3 showers today , will need another two

I am drenched and can't cope in temperatures like this . It must be very bad for those in care homes etc

I can't wait till October, I hate this sort of heat

Anyone thinking that it's normal for a city like Sheffield to be hotter than most of the carribean needs to visit their GP
    Rest a damp flannel to the back of your neck.

Remain calm, stiffen your upper lip and carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    That temperature, as published by Meteo (BBC's current weather prediction provider), is very close to the Met Office's 40.2 degrees recorded at Heathrow.
    Lincoln is nearly in Sweden ff sake

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Rest a damp flannel to the back of your neck.

Remain calm, stiffen your upper lip and carry on.
    I thought Sludge was constantly stiff.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I thought Sludge was constantly stiff.
    Met Office Cowbridge forecast for the next week shows a maximum high of 23c. Our Sludge will be back to his old ways soon enough I reckon.

That means he will be loitering at Castell Coch's car park blowing kisses towards every Tongwynlais dogger who shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Met Office Cowbridge forecast for the next week shows a maximum high of 23c. Our Sludge will be back to his old ways soon enough I reckon.

That means he will be loitering at Castell Coch's car park blowing kisses towards every Tongwynlais dogger who shows up.
    Sludge thinks that Dogger Bank is where he needs to leave his unsavoury deposit in that car park.

Thirty four different locations beat the UK’s old record high temperature today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62217282

I got bloody soaked in Taff’s Well today, bloody Global Thundering. God had the bloody hot tap on though

For all his many - nay, innumerable - faults, one that can't be made of him where women are concerned is fussiness.

He'll roger anything, and frequently does.

You all joke on yer we are at DEFCON 1 In the UK as its bit hotter than usual for a couple of days , thankfully were sending folks home as part of the summer lock down , some office workers have refused and are clinging onto their desks and air con units .Drakeford has asked Westminster for more stay home funding for the vulnerable sensitive public sector , there will be longer than usual wait times for driving licenses and passports , should arrive befroe the turned o the century god speed ..

Beer gardens are very busy though at five pound a swig .

Come the winter any sign of frost , please stay hope and be safe .

Harry & Megan will be issuing a climate press release very soon on how hard it is for them as well , as soon as their jet lands

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    You all joke on yer we are at DEFCON 1 In the UK as its bit hotter than usual for a couple of days , thankfully were sending folks home as part of the summer lock down , some office workers have refused and are clinging onto their desks and air con units .Drakeford has asked Westminster for more stay home funding for the vulnerable sensitive public sector , there will be longer than usual wait times for driving licenses and passports , should arrive befroe the turned o the century god speed ..

Harry & Megan will be issuing a climate press release very soon on how hard it is for them as well , as soon as their jet lands
    Tell your carers that 111 may be able to help. Otherwise. thoughts and prayers!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Yes, but they're just like us really ..
    https://www.locandaverdenyc.com/menus/

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Yes, but they're just like us really ..
    https://www.locandaverdenyc.com/menus/
    1. Have they ever said that?

And

2. Do you actually think that’s a really expensive menu?

Croesy Blue back with a bang on his Rudy Gestede account.

Run off the board by Jimmy, thought he’d lay low for a while and come back on his multi but we can see you CB.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Croesy Blue back with a bang on his Rudy Gestede account.

Run off the board by Jimmy, thought he’d lay low for a while and come back on his multi but we can see you CB.
    This is genuinely one of the most embarrassing posts I’ve ever seen ffs

Everyone knows it’s me I got locked out of my Croesy account and couldn’t be arsed unlocking.

I haven’t been posting much because this place a depressing dive full of people like you.

I don’t give a shit about Jimmy either you weirdo, **** me do you keep a diary about what’s going on on here

PM me your phone number if you fancy a chat that much, happy to sort any differences out since you seem to have nothing better to do.

Not as embarrassing as you replying to Croesy Blue and backing yourself up on your Rudy Gestede account. What an absolute whopper.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post
    Not as embarrassing as you replying to Croesy Blue and backing yourself up on your Rudy Gestede account. What an absolute whopper.

not as funny as when he quoted Croesy with his Croesy account not his Rudy account to agree with himself