+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Re: England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Stop asking silly questions hatchling
    I’m not, what on Earth is the science industry?

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    What in all that is holy is the science industry are you referring to science, ie the study and proving of things through experiments and research? Which is how facts are established?
    It's all explained in my original post. I'll put it nice and clear for you. Unfortately "Science" has been subverted by money and special interests. All too often these days the truth belongs to those funding the study.

Mate you didn’t even understand what a peer reviewed paper was and how this protects against that.

I’d be interested how cancel culture has affected the “science industry”

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    What in all that is holy is the science industry are you referring to science, ie the study and proving of things through experiments and research? Which is how facts are established?
    Also, scientific "facts" change regularly, in the 1970s scientists were saying that a few decades of global COOLING was caused by man made climate change. What about the morning sickness pill for pregnant women caused deformed babies. Just two examples. SCIeNcE yOU sEe

Also, scientific "facts" change regularly, in the 1970s scientists were saying that a few decades of global COOLING was caused by man made climate change. What about the morning sickness pill for pregnant women caused deformed babies. Just two examples. SCIeNcE yOU sEe
    ****ing hell

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Mate you didn’t even understand what a peer reviewed paper was and how this protects against that.

I’d be interested how cancel culture has affected the “science industry”
    When vice president, Al Gore sacked eminent scientists who disagreed with him over man made climate change. Michael Woodley is just one of the many scientists who have been cancelled for expressing uncomfortable truths. Because now society and academia is increasingly putting ideology before fact. A few years ago, anonymous academics across the globe formed a group expressing their concern over the increasingly constrictive nature of cancel culture in academia. They were anonymous because they feared being hounded out of their jobs. You run around this board like a 6th form know it all, who knows precisely **** all. I'm still waiting to see all this knowledge you garnered from writing a "thesis" on climate change. That was days ago and still nothing

When vice president, Al Gore sacked eminent scientists who disagreed with him over man made climate change. Michael Woodley is just one of the many scientists who have been cancelled for expressing uncomfortable truths. Because now society and academia is increasingly putting ideology before fact. A few years ago, anonymous academics across the globe formed a group expressing their concern over the increasingly constrictive nature of cancel culture in academia. They were anonymous because they feared being hounded out of their jobs. You run around this board like a 6th form know it all, who knows precisely **** all. I'm still waiting to see all this knowledge you garnered from writing a "thesis" on climate change. That was days ago and still nothing
    this michael woodley? or another?

https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/Michae...odley_of_Menie

Great response from the man whose whole argument is "i wrote a thesis" lol Are you going to offer J R Hatley for another phone call to straighten things out?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    Yes that's a lefties version of him. Thanks for posting an example of cancel culture in that "hit piece"..
    . Illustrated my point about cancel culture perfectly.

As ever, thanks for the help RJK

Looking at the references on that wiki I can’t see anything particularly “leftie”

On the subject of trusting the science, i just got sent this link about there being no solid evidence, that depression is caused by low seratonin levels. Yet millions of Brits have been taking anti depressants for years that increase seratonin. Making a lot of people rich. TrUsT tHe ScIeNcE iNdUsTrY hehe

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...y-on-serotonin

You’re confusing science with industries that use scientific evidence to inform things.

There isn’t a “science industry”.

No one is saying this is perfect all the time but you reach a point after years of work and research where things are a lot more certain.

I’d say we are at the point with climate change. You’re welcome to put a different view point across but I’ve not seen you put one bit of actual evidence across.

Just right wing buzzwords and pseudoscience hacks.

That’s the thing with science it can be transient because new information is always emerging. That isn’t a stick to beat scientific research with it’s a reason to celebrate it. It’s why peer review and independent studies are so important.

You’re confusing science with industries that use scientific evidence to inform things.

There isn’t a “science industry”.

No one is saying this is perfect all the time but you reach a point after years of work and research where things are a lot more certain.

I’d say we are at the point with climate change. You’re welcome to put a different view point across but I’ve not seen you put one bit of actual evidence across.

Just right wing buzzwords and pseudoscience hacks.

That’s the thing with science it can be transient because new information is always emerging. That isn’t a stick to beat scientific research with it’s a reason to celebrate it. It’s why peer review and independent studies are so important.
    Waffle. I'm not confusing anything, scientific research has increasingly become the realm of big money with special interests. You have a childlike view of how the science industry works. You're a very gullible boy who has been conned by main stream media into thinking that you are enlightened for following authority. Most of the scientific break throughs derive from individuals who reject the "current thing" and think for themselves. the exact opposite of what you do.

And yes there is a science industry. Big money buy influence through biased scientific research. That's the industry.

Seems an overly aggressive response

What industries would you consider to not be the “science industry”

What industry do you work in, must be a good one with all that free thinking you’re doing.

I work in what you would call a science industry and have a phd, I’m not sure how my view of scientific research would be influenced by the mainstream media.

There’s plenty of biased scientific research and it’s why peer reviewed journals and papers are important, because they aren’t biased.

I must say, it is so much more pleasant seeing others bickering.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Feck off yer Tory twat!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Feck off yer Tory twat!
    Thank god Sludge has managed to come through the heatwave okay..

Thank god Sludge has managed to come through the heatwave okay..
    Apologies. I don't know what triggered me. I will make sure I improve my grammar in future!

you will miss it though and be back

*makes w*nker gesture* Have this llama losers! 🦙

Disclaimer: I’ve been left unsupervised!

27 f*cking pages! Sorry. I cracked. This kind of torture is against the Geneva Convention!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    'twasn't always thus. In years gone by we were a happy breed joined together by our love of Cardiff City.
    You look for arguments as much as anyone though

You look for arguments as much as anyone though
    He doesn’t , he just has a different opinion to most and in particular you , hope that helps

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    A good rule for message boards, act like you would in a pub with the same people, if you made some snidey remark you would expect to be pulled up on it and maybe given a slap, so you wouldn't do it,
    Snowflake who thinks disagreement is a snide remark