+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

Re: England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    It's not the media though is it, it's the vast vast majority of scientists.

I'll never understand people with no background in science think they know better than NASA, it's incredible.
    Where have I said that I don’t believe it’s going to warm or that I know more than NASA? I haven’t. The media sensationalise everything, and the people in power love it as they’ve seen how docile people that live in fear can be, the last two years have proved that.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Attachment 5008

I’m sure it will be fine in London , it’s only for a few days

Ever been to Dubai? it’s around 50 at times and notify bats an eyelid.

I’ve just been on a 30k bike ride … lovely in this weather
    When you were in Dubai, did you notice that every building is air conditioned, not designed to retain heat, and no one stays outside for a second longer than they need to?

Yes, I'm sure almost everyone in London will survive the next few days, but comparisons with the middle east are deeply flawed.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    When you were in Dubai, did you notice that every building is air conditioned, not designed to retain heat, and no one stays outside for a second longer than they need to?

Yes, I'm sure almost everyone in London will survive the next few days, but comparisons with the middle east are deeply flawed.
    Dubai , I’ve been a few time usually in September, off to Shrewsbury Tuesday , and Portugal next week ….. apparently it’s 34 in Portugal ���� Looking forward to it

Dubai , I’ve been a few time usually in September, off to Shrewsbury Tuesday , and Portugal next week ….. apparently it’s 34 in Portugal ���� Looking forward to it
    Fair play, sounds like you're quite an expert on hot climates.

I've had 8 years of living and working in Singapore which can also get a little warm, and that's why I wouldn't compare it with the UK because everything is designed for a completely different climate.

International

London is probably the last place want to be particulay if you're working. I can recall being on a packed northern line tube in very hot weather and it was one to unbearable. Anyone working with or on concrete needs to be careful too. The reflected heat can be very dangerouz

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It’s odd isn’t it. Forget about global warming for now, if we have the facility to identify periods of extreme heat days in advance, why not take precautions to ensure that the most vulnerable are protected?

I saw in this thread that the temperature for London tomorrow was “only” going to be 39 degrees, not the previously predicted 40. Well, even 39 degrees is the highest the UK will have experienced since records began, so the likelihood is that those talking about the high temperatures of their youth have never experienced the sort of temperature some in England will endure tomorrow in their life (in this country anyway).

The oddest thing of all though is how annoyed the snowflakes on here get about the fact that people are being recommended to take precautions in the extreme heat
    "Hottest since records began" records have only been collated for a very very very short period of time. They are almost meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    "Hottest since records began" records have only been collated for a very very very short period of time. They are almost meaningless.
    Yeah, records have only been collated for around 140 years, so they're almost meaningless. After all, we've all been alive for a lot longer than that, haven't we?

yes the earth was much hotter before the crust formed and it was just a floating ball of lava, so it'll be fine right?

the recurring thing here is the arrogance of these people

One of your weakest efforts - who do you think you are kidding Mr Hitler?

Fair play, sounds like you're quite an expert on hot climates.

I've had 8 years of living and working in Singapore which can also get a little warm, and that's why I wouldn't compare it with the UK because everything is designed for a completely different climate.
    I’m hardly an expert , just adding an opinion on yet another post that has the same posters trying to force their opinions as the correct one.

If these temperatures were in December then I would be worried.

I suspect nobody in this thread is worried.

I’m hardly an expert , just adding an opinion on yet another post that has the same posters trying to force their opinions as the correct one.

It's just 48hrs, then back to normal. By the end of summer we'll all be worrying about the cost of heating and poorly insulated housing. 365 days a year fretting and worrying. [by some].

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    I suspect nobody in this thread is worried.
    Why is there a thread on July temperatures in the UK then ?

Interesting language.

You are 'just adding an opinion', while others are 'trying to force their opinions as the correct one'.

What's the difference?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    yes the earth was much hotter before the crust formed and it was just a floating ball of lava, so it'll be fine right?

the recurring thing here is the arrogance of these people
    Not at all. It's been a lot hotter on earth while still supporting complex life.
    All i am saying is that it's a bit silly quoting official temperature records that go back 100s of years when the earth is a lot older.

Why is there a thread on July temperatures in the UK then ?
    It's a point of interest, quite obviously. Assuming the forecasts are accurate, I reckon the highest temperatures in the UK during our lifetimes would be considered a noteworthy event, but perhaps you think otherwise.

[QUOTE=lardy;5322389]Interesting language.

You are 'just adding an opinion', while others are 'trying to force their opinions as the correct

It’s interesting is it ?

You need to get out more - or perhaps not given the heat at present

All i am saying is that it's a bit silly quoting official temperature records that go back 100s of years when the earth is a lot older.
    What's silly about it? The phrase 'since records began' gives us a bit of a clue.

What's silly about it? The phrase 'since records began' gives us a bit of a clue.
    It's silly because the time scale is so small.

It's silly because the time scale is so small.
    You're trying way too hard under your latest moniker.

Was he Goebbels_1927 from The Gorbals previously?

People in the most affected areas need to stay hydrated with plenty of water and stay indoors if at all possible.

Those slogging outdoors will be sweating more than crims on death row who have just received notification of their execution date.

Our four-legged friends need consideration, sizzling pavements and tarmac will equal painful paws.

Where as your arse holery seems effortless. Lol

Only joking, i likes you really x

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    Was he Goebbels_1927 from The Gorbals previously?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post