+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 22 of 26 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

Re: England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

Looking at the references on that wiki I can’t see anything particularly “leftie”

On the subject of trusting the science, i just got sent this link about there being no solid evidence, that depression is caused by low seratonin levels. Yet millions of Brits have been taking anti depressants for years that increase seratonin. Making a lot of people rich. TrUsT tHe ScIeNcE iNdUsTrY hehe

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...y-on-serotonin

You’re confusing science with industries that use scientific evidence to inform things.

There isn’t a “science industry”.

No one is saying this is perfect all the time but you reach a point after years of work and research where things are a lot more certain.

I’d say we are at the point with climate change. You’re welcome to put a different view point across but I’ve not seen you put one bit of actual evidence across.

Just right wing buzzwords and pseudoscience hacks.

That’s the thing with science it can be transient because new information is always emerging. That isn’t a stick to beat scientific research with it’s a reason to celebrate it. It’s why peer review and independent studies are so important.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    You’re confusing science with industries that use scientific evidence to inform things.

There isn’t a “science industry”.

No one is saying this is perfect all the time but you reach a point after years of work and research where things are a lot more certain.

I’d say we are at the point with climate change. You’re welcome to put a different view point across but I’ve not seen you put one bit of actual evidence across.

Just right wing buzzwords and pseudoscience hacks.

That’s the thing with science it can be transient because new information is always emerging. That isn’t a stick to beat scientific research with it’s a reason to celebrate it. It’s why peer review and independent studies are so important.
    Waffle. I'm not confusing anything, scientific research has increasingly become the realm of big money with special interests. You have a childlike view of how the science industry works. You're a very gullible boy who has been conned by main stream media into thinking that you are enlightened for following authority. Most of the scientific break throughs derive from individuals who reject the "current thing" and think for themselves. the exact opposite of what you do.

And yes there is a science industry. Big money buy influence through biased scientific research. That's the industry.

Seems an overly aggressive response

What industries would you consider to not be the “science industry”

What industry do you work in, must be a good one with all that free thinking you’re doing.

I work in what you would call a science industry and have a phd, I’m not sure how my view of scientific research would be influenced by the mainstream media.

There’s plenty of biased scientific research and it’s why peer reviewed journals and papers are important, because they aren’t biased.

I must say, it is so much more pleasant seeing others bickering.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Feck off yer Tory twat!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Feck off yer Tory twat!
    Thank god Sludge has managed to come through the heatwave okay..

Thank god Sludge has managed to come through the heatwave okay..
    Apologies. I don't know what triggered me. I will make sure I improve my grammar in future!

you will miss it though and be back

*makes w*nker gesture* Have this llama losers! 🦙

Disclaimer: I’ve been left unsupervised!

27 f*cking pages! Sorry. I cracked. This kind of torture is against the Geneva Convention!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    It's just attention-seeking. I think they create multi accounts so they can reply to themselves and extend the thread. And so they can spout utter nonsense just to wind people up.
    Are you serious or is this in itself a wind-up? If the former then I genuinely despair for those people - what sad lives they must lead.

I can't find the post now but someone in this thread recently wrote that even if climate change is a massive hoax, what is the harm in moving away from burning fossil fuels and turning to renewable energy sources? Certainly in the light of recent events it seems clearer than ever that each country needs to be independent when it comes to energy generation. Green energy is more than just wind turbines. It involves completely new thinking in the design of new buildings or insulating existing buildings for example, let alone replacement of IC engines in vehicles. UK should be at the forefront of developing these new technologies which will also provide thousands of new skilled employment possibilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Are you serious or is this in itself a wind-up? If the former then I genuinely despair for those people - what sad lives they must lead.
    'twasn't always thus. In years gone by we were a happy breed joined together by our love of Cardiff City.

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Why else would people set up multi accounts and quote themselves and reply

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    'twasn't always thus. In years gone by we were a happy breed joined together by our love of Cardiff City.
    A good rule for message boards, act like you would in a pub with the same people, if you made some snidey remark you would expect to be pulled up on it and maybe given a slap, so you wouldn't do it,

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    A good rule for message boards, act like you would in a pub with the same people, if you made some snidey remark you would expect to be pulled up on it and maybe given a slap, so you wouldn't do it,
    Funnily enough, all the best pubs I have been in in my life very rarely involved someone having a slap. Usually because they had decent landlords who knew when people were getting out of order.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Funnily enough, all the best pubs I have been in in my life very rarely involved someone having a slap. Usually because they had decent landlords who knew when people were getting out of order.
    I am sure you know what I mean though

I am sure you know what I mean though
    As do you!

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    You look for arguments as much as anyone though

Snowflake who thinks disagreement is a snide remark

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Snowflake who thinks disagreement is a snide remark
    yea, of course

Given a slap for a post on a message board ?. Really….. calm down lad

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Given a slap for a post on a message board ?. Really….. calm down lad
    not what I meant at all, if you were in the pub and you shouted some snidey abuse to someone, you know what the outcome might be

so you wouldn't do it, so no need to act like that on a message board, its fairly simple