+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 26 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

A fifty fifty chance that temperatures could rise to40 degrees in parts of England early next week - thankfully, the warning doesn’t apply to Wales.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...land-next-week

International

Re: England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

Load of bollox. It's going to be hot, be careful!! You'd think they have something better to do.
    Next week they'll be warning people to carry un umbrella in case it rains. As if people cannot work these things out for themselves.
    How much are these civil service clowns getting paid to issue this crap?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Load of bollox. It's going to be hot, be careful!! You'd think they have something better to do.
    Next week they'll be warning people to carry un umbrella in case it rains. As if people cannot work these things out for themselves.
    Well it's their first red warning for extreme heat so probably worth putting it out.

I think unfortunately you give too much credit to the general population.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Well it's their first red warning for extreme heat so probably worth putting it out.

I think unfortunately you give too much credit to the general population.
    The only reason its the first is because they haven't been doing them very long.
    Saying I'm giving too much credit to the general population is a pretty insulting remark to them.
    People have enough sense of self-preservation to know when they are too hot and to cool down just have the have enough sense not to go for a stroll in the middle of a gale. There were no red warnings in '76 or '03 but we didn't see people in the street walking into the sun and dying like lemmings. We survived. (Ok the lemming remark was a bit OTT )

Totally agree. It is the height of our summer and records are there to be broken. Simples 😎

Lolz

40 degrees is dangerously hot. Especially for the elderly and people who aren't used to dealing with that kind of heat. Over here we have cooling centers where people go to get away from the heat. It's not just something you can shake off. Just a few years ago over 1500 people died during a heatwave in France.

Saying I'm giving too much credit to the general population is a pretty insulting remark to them.
    Them?

He's talking about people like you.

International

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    40 degrees is dangerously hot. Especially for the elderly and people who aren't used to dealing with that kind of heat. Over here we have cooling centers where people go to get away from the heat. It's not just something you can shake off. Just a few years ago over 1500 people died during a heatwave in France.
    I don't recall saying 40 degrees isn't hot. People generally watch the weather forecast, and the presented tells them when something unuusal is happeneing, like telling people to wrap up warm when a cold snap comes. Then people either follow the advice or not as they see fit.
    A RED warning just scares people unnecessarily. Its a waste of money, idiots will still act idiotically .

Load of bollox!

When there are amber or red warnings in winter do you just think you'll be OK if you wear your big coat?

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I was travelling through France then….in a camper with no AC. Just went to hang out in supermarkets most days

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    When there are amber or red warnings in winter do you just think you'll be OK if you wear your big coat?
    Í haven't got a big coat. Have yoiu got one you can spare?
    I just stay in.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Them?

Haha

Hottest temperature i've experienced is 45⁰ in Portugal. Bought an ice cream, it melted in my hand after 60 seconds. Spent the days in bed and came out around 7 pm. Dangerous weather.

I think a few of the anti-woke snowflakes (!!!) on here will need to calm down a bit by Monday - there’s are a chance that the UK will have its highest temperature since records began on Monday and yet, as always, they know exactly what it’s going to be like already.

The only reason its the first is because they haven't been doing them very long.
    People have enough sense of self-preservation to know when they are too hot and to cool down just have the have enough sense not to go for a stroll in the middle of a gale. There were no red warnings in '76 or '03 but we didn't see people in the street walking into the sun and dying like lemmings. We survived. (Ok the lemming remark was a bit OTT )

The 1976 heatwave is understood to have been the cause of 20% 'excess deaths' and there were significantly more hospital emergency admissions from 24 June to 8 July 1976 than for the same period in 1975 or 1974.This compares to 59% excess deaths for the 2003 heatwave.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976...sles_heat_wave

International

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    The 1976 heatwave is understood to have been the cause of 20% 'excess deaths' and there were significantly more hospital emergency admissions from 24 June to 8 July 1976 than for the same period in 1975 or 1974.This compares to 59% excess deaths for the 2003 heatwave.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1976...sles_heat_wave
    And you honestly think that if they had issued a magic RED warning that that figure might have changed significantly?
    you obviously give the average citizen more credit for common sense than trigger does.

My bet is that it won't be anywhere near as hot as predicted.

International

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Them?

And you you clown.

Or don't you consider yourself part of the general population, like you are of superior intellect and above such generalities?
    (We don't really need an answer to that do we?)

International

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    I'll have an each way bet you're right!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Makes a change from the winter doomongers talking of 'plummeting' temperatures. We probably live in one of the most tepid climates on the planet yet nowadays there's red/amber triangles, exclamation marks, week in week out. Just waiting for the government to announce they're holding one of those 'COBRA' meetings just to add to the drama.

Every single year it gets hotter, scientists are screaming that we need to act but you get morons saying things like 'SuMmEr iS sUpPoSeD tO bE hOt' as if that trumps overwhelming scientific consensus.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, why is there a correlation between education and believing that climate change is man made?

Me and my partner have decided not to have kids as with the state of this government and possible future governments tied with complete lack of climate action, we really fear for the future.

And you you clown. Or don't you consider yourself part of the general population, like you are of superior intellect and above such generalities?
    I'm a member of the general population alright, and I certainly don't consider myself to be of a superior intellect to the average person. Not by any means.

I think you're almost certainly as thick as a pail of pig shit, though. Everything you've ever posted on here has suggested as much.

International

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Every single year it gets hotter, scientists are screaming that we need to act but you get morons saying things like 'SuMmEr iS sUpPoSeD tO bE hOt' as if that trumps overwhelming scientific consensus.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, why is there a correlation between education and believing that climate change is man made?

Me and my partner have decided not to have kids as with the state of this government and possible future governments tied with complete lack of climate action, we really fear for the future.
    Do you realise you keep hitting the Caps key when you type? Is there a correlation between your education and your ability to type english words?

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post

Because our education system has been over taken with marxists. Education these days is about teaching marxist ideology and not independent, critical thinking.

The earth has been a lot hotter than it is today.