+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 26 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

Re: England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

Thirty four different locations beat the UK’s old record high temperature today.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-62217282

I got bloody soaked in Taff’s Well today, bloody Global Thundering. God had the bloody hot tap on though

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    I thought Sludge was constantly stiff.
    Met Office Cowbridge forecast for the next week shows a maximum high of 23c. Our Sludge will be back to his old ways soon enough I reckon.

That means he will be loitering at Castell Coch's car park blowing kisses towards every Tongwynlais dogger who shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Met Office Cowbridge forecast for the next week shows a maximum high of 23c. Our Sludge will be back to his old ways soon enough I reckon.

That means he will be loitering at Castell Coch's car park blowing kisses towards every Tongwynlais dogger who shows up.
    Sludge thinks that Dogger Bank is where he needs to leave his unsavoury deposit in that car park.

For all his many - nay, innumerable - faults, one that can't be made of him where women are concerned is fussiness.

He'll roger anything, and frequently does.

You all joke on yer we are at DEFCON 1 In the UK as its bit hotter than usual for a couple of days , thankfully were sending folks home as part of the summer lock down , some office workers have refused and are clinging onto their desks and air con units .Drakeford has asked Westminster for more stay home funding for the vulnerable sensitive public sector , there will be longer than usual wait times for driving licenses and passports , should arrive befroe the turned o the century god speed ..

Beer gardens are very busy though at five pound a swig .

Come the winter any sign of frost , please stay hope and be safe .

Harry & Megan will be issuing a climate press release very soon on how hard it is for them as well , as soon as their jet lands

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    You all joke on yer we are at DEFCON 1 In the UK as its bit hotter than usual for a couple of days , thankfully were sending folks home as part of the summer lock down , some office workers have refused and are clinging onto their desks and air con units .Drakeford has asked Westminster for more stay home funding for the vulnerable sensitive public sector , there will be longer than usual wait times for driving licenses and passports , should arrive befroe the turned o the century god speed ..

Harry & Megan will be issuing a climate press release very soon on how hard it is for them as well , as soon as their jet lands
    Tell your carers that 111 may be able to help. Otherwise. thoughts and prayers!

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post

Yes, but they're just like us really ..
    https://www.locandaverdenyc.com/menus/

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Yes, but they're just like us really ..
    https://www.locandaverdenyc.com/menus/
    1. Have they ever said that?

And

2. Do you actually think that’s a really expensive menu?

Croesy Blue back with a bang on his Rudy Gestede account.

Run off the board by Jimmy, thought he’d lay low for a while and come back on his multi but we can see you CB.

Quote Originally Posted by J R Hartley View Post

Run off the board by Jimmy, thought he’d lay low for a while and come back on his multi but we can see you CB.
    This is genuinely one of the most embarrassing posts I’ve ever seen ffs

Everyone knows it’s me I got locked out of my Croesy account and couldn’t be arsed unlocking.

I haven’t been posting much because this place a depressing dive full of people like you.

I don’t give a shit about Jimmy either you weirdo, **** me do you keep a diary about what’s going on on here

PM me your phone number if you fancy a chat that much, happy to sort any differences out since you seem to have nothing better to do.

Not as embarrassing as you replying to Croesy Blue and backing yourself up on your Rudy Gestede account. What an absolute whopper.

So how's everyone coping? Sleeping OK? Are any of your elderly relatives dead yet? Or was it just a big overreaction? I mean 40C is just 10 more than 30C right? If the government hadn't made such a fuss about it I bet no one would have even noticed.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    So how's everyone coping? Sleeping OK? Are any of your elderly relatives dead yet? Or was it just a big overreaction? I mean 40C is just 10 more than 30C right? If the government hadn't made such a fuss about it I bet no one would have even noticed.
    Spare a thought for the poor buggers in Essex who’s houses burned down.

Loads of fires particularly on the Eastern side of the country with people losing their homes, and my daughter has had more seizures over the last few days triggered by the heat.
    How was it for you?

It's been fecking grim , havnt slept for a week and won't tonight

If snow filled winters and scorched earth summers are the norm you can stick American weather up your arse

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    It's been fecking grim , havnt slept for a week and won't tonight

If snow filled winters and scorched earth summers are the norm you can stick American weather up your arse
    Quite cool this evening, nice little breeze

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    That's great, so we've covered the USA in the 1990s. Do you think the Trump White House was also doing the same? If not, that's four years when the peer reviewed research was racking up. Fancy another swing at it?

As rudy says above, I'm not sure you grasp what peer reviewed means.

"It's not 99% of scientists but 99% of those funded to do peer reviewed papers. "

Nobody is funded to do a peer reviewed paper. Research is funded, and then if it is to be published in a respected journal, it is peer reviewed.

Your argument is like saying "sure, Usain Bolt has the fastest 100m times, but that's because you're only including the times in official meets with electronic timing. How about all the races done by one person visually with a hand stopwatch?"

I'm sure peer reviews are not perfect, but we're talking about thousands of studies all around the world where they have almost all come to the same conclusion. It's as indisputable as you can get, it'd be impossible to fraudulently get all those studies on this scale without any evidence of the fraud coming out.
    Al Gore deeply embedded pro climte change alarmists within the government beaurocracy that funded research. He sacked scientists who disagreed with his climate alarmism. You asked me to say who is funding research and i did. You then ignored that and went on to peer review nonesense. You're a waste of time lardy. Forget peer review, climate science is very exspensive to research. As with a lot of research The truth belongs to those who fund the studies. With that in mind Your faith in the "science" is very naive and silly.

Trump couldn't remove all Al Gore’s "work" in one term. Plus, current research is built on previous research. If the previous research is skewed the current research is likely to be skewed.

Not as embarrassing as you replying to Croesy Blue and backing yourself up on your Rudy Gestede account. What an absolute whopper.

not as funny as when he quoted Croesy with his Croesy account not his Rudy account to agree with himself

Aye, nobody would have probably noticed.

I'm sorry if I sound callous. That was not my intention. I recognise the severity of the situation. My post was a reaction to those who didn't like being warned by the government that it was going to be hot, and thought it was an overreaction to just a bit of heat.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Aye, nobody would have probably noticed.
    Jesus! That looks like southern California.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Yes its hot, uncomfortable and dangerous for some but surely someone can question the ‘tactics’ of the BBC and other news outlets without being accused of being a climate change denier ? Two days of hot temperatures does not make an extreme and catastrophic heatwave, which is what we have been bombarded with for the last few weeks on tv and online. By tomorrow the temperatures will be back around normal for the time of year and in the last two weeks there have only been two other days when temperatures went over 30 degrees. Prior to that it rained for about the previous two weeks and temperatures were below average. I am very concerned about climate change but this is not about that, it is about the way that we are being force fed deliberately over the top forecasts purely so that the different outlets can get one up on their competitors and so that the many so called ‘experts’ can try to justify their jobs and huge salaries. They did the same with aspects of the Covid pandemic and no doubt will move on to something else when summer is over and we are all wet and freezing. A heatwave is what happened in 1976 but then the population just got on with their lives and news reporters just concentrated on giving the facts, rather than embellishing and fabricating them as they do now.
    See anything catastrophic on the news tonight?

I thought it was.