+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 24 of 26 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

Re: England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I guess as a moderator you have the ability to spot that kind of stuff. Any other examples?
    A few can normally spot them, I know that JK did right at the start, I dont like to spoil the fun normally, if they are not causing issues and posting decently then no harm imho, but I occasionally get a private message ( or text ) to say " is that so-and-so posting as XYZ " I guess its a knack some have to spot them, as I said previously, they normally start posting as a different persona from the main account, but soon enough slip back into what they are or they follow a similar pattern of posts, of course, not many quote something with the same account thats posted and post as a different person, thats just silly

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    A few can normally spot them, I know that JK did right at the start, I dont like to spoil the fun normally, if they are not causing issues and posting decently then no harm imho, but I occasionally get a private message ( or text ) to say " is that so-and-so posting as XYZ " I guess its a knack some have to spot them, as I said previously, they normally start posting as a different persona from the main account, but soon enough slip back into what they are or they follow a similar pattern of posts, of course, not many quote something with the same account thats posted and post as a different person, thats just silly
    So, just so I understand, when you said" forget about that, this is the question you should be asking why do people use Multi accounts to reply to themselves ( for example, Croesy Blue quoting and replying to himself as Rudy Gestede and visa versa, that's the answer the board is waiting for" you know the answer?

And if so, why are you singling Croesy blue/Rudy out?

So, just so I understand, when you said" forget about that, this is the question you should be asking why do people use Multi accounts to reply to themselves ( for example, Croesy Blue quoting and replying to himself as Rudy Gestede and visa versa, that's the answer the board is waiting for" you know the answer?

I see Mike is on. Any reassurance you can give that the moderation capability is not being misused?

because they have came out and admitted they were using a Multi, so who better to answer the question others have asked / discussed " why would you have Multi's "

I see Mike is on. Any reassurance you can give that the moderation capability is not being misused?
    misused ? ? ? not sure what you think I am misusing ? ? ?

misused ? ? ? not sure what you think I am misusing ? ? ?
    I think on any forum you have to have faith and trust in the people who moderate the board. Regardless of the Rudy sniping tonight you seem happy to allow people like Goslow and Lither spread their poison. A few decent posters have left the board in the last couple of years and I am adding my name to that list.

I think on any forum you have to have faith and trust in the people who moderate the board. Regardless of the Rudy sniping tonight you seem happy to allow people like Goslow and Lither spread their poison. A few decent posters have left the board in the last couple of years and I am adding my name to that list.
    Please don’t do that. This board is an absolute cesspit these days, no doubt about that, and the fact that Blue Matt is a moderator speaks volumes. However, some of the football discussion is still decent and there are plenty of good people still using this forum.

Don’t let the fools drive you away. Your posts are appreciated by many of us, I’m sure.

Well said,the Goslow thing was disgusting and was allowed to go on with racist rubbish.

Blue Matt hates me because I always point out how much of a racist **** he is. Backing up posters like goslow and hitler_1927 but slagging off the normal folk.

Is there any wonder this board has become a cesspit of racist conspiracy theorists while he is the sole person moderating it?

Football threads are still decent but once talk is outside of that the lunatics have truly taken over the asylum and Matt is one of the worst.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Your posts are appreciated by many of us, I’m sure.
    They most certainly are.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Blue Matt has had his time,time to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    I don't really want to engage but this is complete bollox. I don't mind admitting that I regularly need to take antidepressants and they have saved more lives than they've damaged. I get sick of this false narrative that medication is a problem. Finding the right treatment is a problem, over-prescribing is a problem and misinformation is a problem. The stuff your spouting is dangerous. Respectfully, give it a f*cking rest and find some purpose in your life mate. This can't be doing you any good.
    You haven't read the article further up have you? They've now discovered there is no basis for increasing seratonin in the brains of depressed people. The benefits you felt were probably placebo. That in itself is very powerful.

Blue Matt hates me because I always point out how much of a racist **** he is. Backing up posters like goslow and hitler_1927 but slagging off the normal folk.

Is there any wonder this board has become a cesspit of racist conspiracy theorists while he is the sole person moderating it?

Football threads are still decent but once talk is outside of that the lunatics have truly taken over the asylum and Matt is one of the worst.
    My name is Lither_1927 and your attempt to take down blue_matt is almost as embarrassing as your rather confrontational offer to JR Hartley for a phone call to straighten things out with him. Try and relax a bit fruitcake.

because they have came out and admitted they were using a Multi, so who better to answer the question others have asked / discussed " why would you have Multi's "
    Is it worse being a multi than racist fascist trolls which have started to infest this board?

This used to be a wonderful place to debate countless topics carefree in the knowledge they would never be subjected to personalised vitriol and always be bounded by decency. Sadly that's not the case any more and suddenly the board has been allowed to be infiltrated by noxious scum. Surely some of the low lives on here would be better suited on A***s' midden?

For what it's worth multi or not Rudy is one of the better posters on this board and I respect his posts. I don't care if he was Micky Mouse, Attila the Hun or Lady Godiva previously.

Quote Originally Posted by jeepster View Post
    Well said,the Goslow thing was disgusting and was allowed to go on with racist rubbish.
    Is he our friend Adolf_1927 in disguise? Maybe he's shaved his moustache!

Please don’t do that. This board is an absolute cesspit these days, no doubt about that, and the fact that Blue Matt is a moderator speaks volumes. However, some of the football discussion is still decent and there are plenty of good people still using this forum.

Don’t let the fools drive you away. Your posts are appreciated by many of us, I’m sure.
    Agreed

Totally agree with you TLG.

I echo every word of this. The reasons for posting on here are declining on an almost daily basis, it's as poor as it's ever been in my opinion - the board can ill afford to lose posters like Cyril

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I echo every word of this. The reasons for posting on here are declining on an almost daily basis, it's as poor as it's ever been in my opinion - the board can ill afford to lose posters like Cyril
    I agree.

One only need to scroll up a handful of posts to see a poster labelling people as 'noxious scum'.

Perhaps we could all call out this kind of thing a little more?

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    You haven't read the article further up have you? They've now discovered there is no basis for increasing seratonin in the brains of depressed people. The benefits you felt were probably placebo. That in itself is very powerful.
    Wait so are we believing every word in articles now or not?

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    From what I read the report doesn't actually say they don't work. It suggests that they don't work in the way that was believed. It's far from definitive. As ever, the mail and the increasingly reactionary guardian have decided to overegg it a bit for dramatic effect.

The actual studies are here

https://joannamoncrieff.com/tag/antidepressants/

https://www.nature.com/articles/s41380-022-01661-0

https://theconversation.com/depressi...w-study-186672

And yes it’s probably a bit deeper than any depressants don’t work.

I’d like to know why this part of the “science industry” is so trustworthy, is it just the confirmation bias that Hitler1927 trusts?

The whole study seems very simplistic to me, why is depression being treated like it’s a single disorder caused by a single thing when this definitely isn’t the case?

I’m sure there’s value in what she’s saying but he hypothesis and methodology don’t seem a good way to support it.

It doesn’t even define how they’ve identified people “with” depression.

The whole study seems very simplistic to me, why is depression being treated like it’s a single disorder caused by a single thing when this definitely isn’t the case?

I’m sure there’s value in what she’s saying but he hypothesis and methodology don’t seem a good way to support it.

It doesn’t even define how they’ve identified people “with” depression.
    That's because it is and it's very dangerous and irresponsible for Joanna Moncrieff to release this. She is the author of this book and her career is based on alternative methodology so she's not exactly coming at this without her own agenda either.

You are wholly correct in asking why depression is being treated like it's a single disorder. The truth is, it isn't, but the cookie cutter press releases are wholly unsuitable to report such a complex and debilitating condition. That's why I think it's dangerous and irresponsible.

I've been on both sides of this particular fence and I can say with absolute conviction, the current thinking is that an amalgamated approach of neurology, pharmacology, psychiatry and sociology is the preferred approach to critical analyses.

Lither is wholly incorrect in his reporting of the study, but this is not helped by unquestioning and sloppy journalism which parrots the press releases. It's also important to understand that this is not a clinical trial/study report.

I think the best summary of this are from these two quotes:

A spokesperson for the Royal College of Psychiatrists said: “Antidepressants are an effective, Nice-recommended treatment for depression that can also be prescribed for a range of physical and mental health conditions. We would not recommend for anyone to stop taking their antidepressants based on this review, and encourage anyone with concerns about their medication to contact their GP.”

Dr Michael Bloomfield, a consultant psychiatrist and principal clinical research fellow at University College London, who was not involved in the study, said: “Many of us know that taking paracetamol can be helpful for headaches, and I don’t think anyone believes that headaches are caused by not enough paracetamol in the brain. The same logic applies to depression and medicines used to treat depression.

“There is consistent evidence that antidepressant medicines can be helpful in the treatment of depression and can be life-saving.”