+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

International

Re: England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    I want him - if he can to summarize what he thinks the case for man made climate change is and why he isn't convinced by it.

I guarantee he hasn't understood the case for it.
    To be fir he probably didn't understand the question.

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    Roads!

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    well it was forecast 38 C here, only hit 35 C, I feel a little disappointed to be honest, I wanted a " Tell my grandkids about when it hit 38 C in the summer of 22 "

Damm you Climate change, you have let me down
    To cheer you up Matt it was the hottest day on record in Wales today at 37.1 in Hawarden. The record might tumble again tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    So these experts, and it seems there are a great many of them - what is it you believe they all have to gain by claiming global warming is a result of human actions if that isn’t the case?

This is something that puzzles me.
    You're clearly not aware how the system works. You act like these "experts" work for free in the name of truth seeking. These studies cost a lot of money to fund. So the truth belongs to those funding the study.

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    You're clearly not aware how the system works. You act like these "experts" work for free in the name of truth seeking. These studies cost a lot of money to fund. So the truth belongs to those funding the study.
    I'm going to fund a study to see if humans can be born through the rectum. I would like to use you as a case study.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Sorry Lither, i didn't quite catch your response.

You said to follow the money, so who is funding nearly all climate change research?
    This is the third time I've asked the question in the thread to Lither. I'll ask again as you've brought it up again but not given this important information.

Who is funding all the peer reviewed climate research?

Maybe later we can ask "what do you think peer reviewed means", as I'm not convinced you're on the right track there either. But first, the funding?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    I'm going to fund a study to see if humans can talk through the rectum. I would like to use you as a case study.
    FIFY

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Paget Flashman View Post
    FIFY
    Good fix.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    This is the third time I've asked the question in the thread to Lither. I'll ask again as you've brought it up again but not given this important information.

Who is funding all the peer reviewed climate research?

Maybe later we can ask "what do you think peer reviewed means", as I'm not convinced you're on the right track there either. But first, the funding?
    In the States when climate alarmist Al Gore was vice president the cornerstone of Gore’s strategy was to ensure that all high-ranking government officials who had any involvement with funding policies relating to climate change were in line with his vision. These agencies included the Department of Energy, Environmental Protection Agency, National Science Foundation, Department of Education, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and National Aeronautics and Space Administration.

You don’t even know what peer reviewed means mate.

The funding of peer reviewed studies is peer reviewed to ensure the neutrality of the reports, followed by separate independent reviews of everything produced for it. Everything is fully referenced and can be traced so it can all be taken to first principals and be reviewed by anyone else.

If you were really interested you could pick up a study and fully check yourself that it was as neutral as possible.

It’s all completely separate for industry produced studies and much more independent.

The fact you just said this shows you have no real grasp of how science and analysis works.

From the links you provided. It's not 99% of scientists but 99% of those funded to do peer reviewed papers.
    Radio 4 today reported that the majority of scientists agree that climate change is man made. I wonder why they didn't use the 99%?
    No one of note is producing unpeer reviewed documents because it doesn’t make any sense for a scientific perspective.

In the States when climate alarmist Al Gore was vice president the cornerstone of Gore’s strategy was to ensure that all high-ranking government officials who had any involvement with funding policies relating to climate change were in line with his vision. These agencies included the Department of Energy, Environmental Protection Agency, National Science Foundation, Department of Education, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, and National Aeronautics and Space Administration.
    That's great, so we've covered the USA in the 1990s. Do you think the Trump White House was also doing the same? If not, that's four years when the peer reviewed research was racking up. Fancy another swing at it?

As rudy says above, I'm not sure you grasp what peer reviewed means.

"It's not 99% of scientists but 99% of those funded to do peer reviewed papers. "

Nobody is funded to do a peer reviewed paper. Research is funded, and then if it is to be published in a respected journal, it is peer reviewed.

Your argument is like saying "sure, Usain Bolt has the fastest 100m times, but that's because you're only including the times in official meets with electronic timing. How about all the races done by one person visually with a hand stopwatch?"

I'm sure peer reviews are not perfect, but we're talking about thousands of studies all around the world where they have almost all come to the same conclusion. It's as indisputable as you can get, it'd be impossible to fraudulently get all those studies on this scale without any evidence of the fraud coming out.

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    A fifty fifty chance that temperatures could rise to40 degrees in parts of England early next week - thankfully, the warning doesn’t apply to Wales.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...land-next-week
    I've noticed most of the people moaning about it on the news were pretty fat, probably that has something to do with the overreaction, as people are getting fatter they can't get their temperature down so easily, is that why hot temperatures have become more of any issue, this will only be for two days?

International

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    I've noticed most of the people moaning about it on the news were pretty fat, probably that has something to do with the overreaction, as people are getting fatter they can't get their temperature down so easily, is that why hot temperatures have become more of any issue, this will only be for two days?
    size-ist!! Reported.

Has there been an over-reaction?

My bet is that it won't be anywhere near as hot as predicted.
    How's the bet going?

I see what you mean they can't run fast enough to dodge the sun. Makes sense I've never seen Usain Bolt sunburnt.

is there an overreaction?
    all they've said if that people should take precautions, which is fair enough isn't it, seeing as people will die from this heat?

The minimum overnight temperature (25.9) in Emley Moor in Yorkshire was two degrees above anything recorded in this country before - that’s hardly “normal” is it? Apparently, there were three other places, including one in Wales, that beat the old record.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    The minimum overnight temperature (25.9) in Emley Moor in Yorkshire was two degrees above anything recorded in this country before - that’s hardly “normal” is it? Apparently, there were three other places, including one in Wales, that beat the old record.
    Please strive for at least some semblance of accuracy and detail:

The UK provisionally had its hottest minimum temperature on record last night, with Kenley in Surrey never falling below 25.8C, the Met Office says.

This represents an increase of nearly 2C on the previous highest minimum daily temperature of 23.9C.

The Welsh record has also been broken, with Aberporth never falling below 24.5C last night.

We previously reported a high of 25.9C in Yorkshire as a provisional figure, but are currently waiting for confirmation of that.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Please strive for at least some semblance of accuracy and detail:

The UK provisionally had its hottest minimum temperature on record last night, with Kenley in Surrey never falling below 25.8C, the Met Office says.

This represents an increase of nearly 2C on the previous highest minimum daily temperature of 23.9C.

The Welsh record has also been broken, with Aberporth never falling below 24.5C last night.

We previously reported a high of 25.9C in Yorkshire as a provisional figure, but are currently waiting for confirmation of that.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    How's the bet going?
    Not to good 39.1 in Surrey.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Five days out of a British summer with temperatures over 30 degrees is not a catastrophic heatwave, as a number of main media outlets have been declaring. It is quite common to have at least a few days over 30 degrees anyway, most years. How can you have an average high temperature anyway - doesn't make sense. Normal daily summer temperatures in the UK are in the 21-23 degrees range.
    You don't know how averages work?

Also, it's going to be catastrophic for someone. I guarantee it.

Clearly in this thread there any many who no matter the amount of hard evidence their lead infested brains which have had 30+ years of a daily mail diet will never ever change their minds on this.

Why is it if you ask for someone's views on climate change if they don't believe it you know instantly that they're tory voting brexiters. Again there's a huge link between education and all of these factors.

Go ahead and cry that I'm being patronising, snowflakes.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Clearly in this thread there any many who no matter the amount of hard evidence their lead infested brains which have had 30+ years of a daily mail diet will never ever change their minds on this.

Why is it if you ask for someone's views on climate change if they don't believe it you know instantly that they're tory voting brexiters. Again there's a huge link between education and all of these factors.

Go ahead and cry that I'm being patronising, snowflakes.
    You aren't patronising, you just sound like a complete arse. And for once, I agree with you on the wider topic, but it's ironic that you ask people to follow the science (correctly) and then make a series of insulting, tiresome and inaccurate tropes that completely undo your argument.