+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

Re: England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

The temperatures reached record temperatures. Temperatures are predicted with error margins as is anything like this.

You’ve picked another pointless hill to die on ffs.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    I can tell you're all excited at what you think is going on, but James is also a "climate change accepter"
    yes I know what James is, I can read

and Im not all that excited to be honest, just having a bit of a laugh calling him a "climate change accepter"

Yes its hot, uncomfortable and dangerous for some but surely someone can question the ‘tactics’ of the BBC and other news outlets without being accused of being a climate change denier ? Two days of hot temperatures does not make an extreme and catastrophic heatwave, which is what we have been bombarded with for the last few weeks on tv and online. By tomorrow the temperatures will be back around normal for the time of year and in the last two weeks there have only been two other days when temperatures went over 30 degrees. Prior to that it rained for about the previous two weeks and temperatures were below average. I am very concerned about climate change but this is not about that, it is about the way that we are being force fed deliberately over the top forecasts purely so that the different outlets can get one up on their competitors and so that the many so called ‘experts’ can try to justify their jobs and huge salaries. They did the same with aspects of the Covid pandemic and no doubt will move on to something else when summer is over and we are all wet and freezing. A heatwave is what happened in 1976 but then the population just got on with their lives and news reporters just concentrated on giving the facts, rather than embellishing and fabricating them as they do now.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Yes its hot, uncomfortable and dangerous for some but surely someone can question the ‘tactics’ of the BBC and other news outlets without being accused of being a climate change denier ? Two days of hot temperatures does not make an extreme and catastrophic heatwave, which is what we have been bombarded with for the last few weeks on tv and online. By tomorrow the temperatures will be back around normal for the time of year and in the last two weeks there have only been two other days when temperatures went over 30 degrees. Prior to that it rained for about the previous two weeks and temperatures were below average. I am very concerned about climate change but this is not about that, it is about the way that we are being force fed deliberately over the top forecasts purely so that the different outlets can get one up on their competitors and so that the many so called ‘experts’ can try to justify their jobs and huge salaries. They did the same with aspects of the Covid pandemic and no doubt will move on to something else when summer is over and we are all wet and freezing. A heatwave is what happened in 1976 but then the population just got on with their lives and news reporters just concentrated on giving the facts, rather than embellishing and fabricating them as they do now.
    Shit. I didn't realise until now that one of the first victims of climate change was paragraphs!

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    Shit. I didn't realise until now that one of the first victims of climate change was paragraphs!
    Don't joke about climate change you literal nazi.

An article from a “so called expert” regarding 1976, but it’s in the Guardian, so it probably doesn’t count.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...is-summer-heat

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Don't joke about climate change you literal nazi.
    It's a fair cop. What's the sentence?

It's a fair cop. What's the sentence?
    One afternoon reading CCMB on the hottest day of the year.

And the facts.

Yes, but also:

On sunday the BBC predicted 40c for London and 42c for Sheffield yesterday
    https://twitter.com/ben_rich/status/1548761133795926017

It actually was 37c and 36c respectively.

Very hot. Almost certainly caused by man made climate change. Not quite as hot as predicted.

All true.
    It reached 40.2 at Heathrow today. So the date was apparently wrong by 1 day not the maximum temperature predicted. A completely pointless way to try and dominate another thread.

One afternoon reading CCMB on the hottest day of the year.
    It's Rwanda for me.

Can you stop getting all your opinions from the daily mail and you might not come across as being quite so uninformed.

Do you think the news should mention as its headline the potential for record breaking temperatures that are predicted by meteorologists?

Do you think they shouldn’t repeat the warnings that heat waves can be dangerous to try and make people take precautions?

Why does the heatwave of 1976 keep getting brought up? Why not the heatwave of 2003 that killed 15,000 in France alone?

Should they not mention climate change even though there’s almost a 0% chance that it isn’t the cause of this heatwave?

200,000 British people died due to covid so far according to the ONS, which bit of coverage was overblown?

In summary, what point are you even trying to make?

40.3 just recorded on Lincolnshire. Very soon people will be saying it will be too hot to host future World Cups in the UK.

I've always said Derek Brockway is the man, and handily he has a screenshot of the 41c predicted for Sheffield yesterday. I think it was on sunday that they also predicted 43c for today

https://twitter.com/DerekTheWeather/...sible-24520665

The actual high in Sheffield was 36c at 5pm -5c below what they predicted.

Again, thats extremely hot, but like I said, it's possible that the predictions were slightly inflated, without questioning the whole premise of man made climate change

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather...ions/gcqzwtdw7
    Sheffield recorded 38.9 degrees at 3.00 pm today - at the ‘official’ Weston Park Weather Station

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Sheffield recorded 38.8 degrees at 4.00 pm today - at the ‘official’ Weston Park Weather Station
    tbf..I feel like we've done this to death now, but indeed, 38.8c is very hot, but it is below 43c which was predicted only two days ago. And that alone was my point.

I hope it is cooler at Brammall Lane, where I shall be next tuesday evening..

JamesWales, I think the BBC forecaster got it spot on here.... https://newsthump.com/2022/07/19/no-...er-forecast-2/

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    Can you stop getting all your opinions from the daily mail and you might not come across as being quite so uninformed.

Do you think the news should mention as its headline the potential for record breaking temperatures that are predicted by meteorologists?

Do you think they shouldn’t repeat the warnings that heat waves can be dangerous to try and make people take precautions?

Why does the heatwave of 1976 keep getting brought up? Why not the heatwave of 2003 that killed 15,000 in France alone?

Should they not mention climate change even though there’s almost a 0% chance that it isn’t the cause of this heatwave?

200,000 British people died due to covid so far according to the ONS, which bit of coverage was overblown?

Mate, the Daily Mail is all over it. If you read it, you would know. If you want videos of burning buildings, thats where you'll find it.

BRITAIN BURNS IN 40C.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Eric the Half a Bee View Post
    JamesWales, I think the BBC forecaster got it spot on here.... https://newsthump.com/2022/07/19/no-...er-forecast-2/
    Absolutely. It is also difficult to know where the parched grass, her flowing blonde locks and her lovely yellow blouse begin and end.

Mate, the Daily Mail is all over it. If you read it, you would know.

BRITAIN BURNS IN 40C.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html
    This was the front page of the daily mail today

https://www.reddit.com/r/unitedkingd...everyone_else/

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post

Back to my point. And I don't want to labour this but based on the last couple of responses. I will ask again. Are paragraphs one of the early victims of climate change?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    40.3 just recorded on Lincolnshire. Very soon people will be saying it will be too hot to host future World Cups in the UK.
    That temperature, as published by Meteo (BBC's current weather prediction provider), is very close to the Met Office's 40.2 degrees recorded at Heathrow.

This is the hottest I can remember , I have had 3 showers today , will need another two

I am drenched and can't cope in temperatures like this . It must be very bad for those in care homes etc

I can't wait till October, I hate this sort of heat

Anyone thinking that it's normal for a city like Sheffield to be hotter than most of the carribean needs to visit their GP

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    That temperature, as published by Meteo (BBC's current weather prediction provider), is very close to the Met Office's 40.2 degrees recorded at Heathrow.
    Lincoln is nearly in Sweden ff sake

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    This is the hottest I can remember , I have had 3 showers today , will need another two

I am drenched and can't cope in temperatures like this . It must be very bad for those in care homes etc

I can't wait till October, I hate this sort of heat

Anyone thinking that it's normal for a city like Sheffield to be hotter than most of the carribean needs to visit their GP
    Rest a damp flannel to the back of your neck.

Remain calm, stiffen your upper lip and carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    Rest a damp flannel to the back of your neck.

Remain calm, stiffen your upper lip and carry on.
    I thought Sludge was constantly stiff.