+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

Re: England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    not what I meant at all, if you were in the pub and you shouted some snidey abuse to someone, you know what the outcome might be

so you wouldn't do it, so no need to act like that on a message board, its fairly simple
    Ah ok

At the same time people should be entitled to give their opinion without feeling stressed or anxious about the majority viewpoint so it works both ways.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    Ah ok

At the same time people should be entitled to give their opinion without feeling stressed or anxious about the majority viewpoint so it works both ways.
    Indeed , but they also shouldn't feel they will get abuse thrown at them if they have a opinion that isnt popular with the majority, so the poster who moves from the argument to the ad hominem attacks should be thinking " would I do this in the pub when face to face with the person " if the answer is no, dont do it, but its easy to run with it due to the safety of being behind a screen

Quote Originally Posted by Gofer Blue View Post
    Are you serious or is this in itself a wind-up? If the former then I genuinely despair for those people - what sad lives they must lead.
    A wind up? All you have to do is look at the posters that piss over almost every thread on this board to see that there are people here that are not really here for community of any sort, to talk about Cardiff City or even have a discussion without inserting an aggressive and extreme agenda.

not what I meant at all, if you were in the pub and you shouted some snidey abuse to someone, you know what the outcome might be

so you wouldn't do it, so no need to act like that on a message board, its fairly simple
    Made the same comment many times and your dead right , easy to be a tough or rude via a keyboard ,face to face would be different ..

All the best pubs I /I've frequented are the edgy ones.. no poshness ,crappie seats , ,loads f character, where folk generally behave ,okay to have a laugh any unwarranted rudeness is usually dealt with....

A good rule for message boards, act like you would in a pub with the same people, if you made some snidey remark you would expect to be pulled up on it and maybe given a slap, so you wouldn't do it,
    I’ve not seen anyone challenged to a fight up in Beddau for years to be fair.

This thread seems to have drifted off topic slightly……

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    You look for arguments as much as anyone though
    He doesn’t , he just has a different opinion to most and in particular you , hope that helps

He doesn’t , he just has a different opinion to most and in particular you , hope that helps
    Yeah and then he thinks everyone is arguing when someone disagrees with it

The right wingers again using and falling for the old trick that everyone that disagrees with them is as snowflake and a bully all at once.

When people have “opinions” that aren’t based in fact they should expect them to be questioned not cry about “arguing”.

If all he wants to do is talk about Cardiff city why not just stick to football threads?

The right wingers again using and falling for the old trick that everyone that disagrees with them is as snowflake and a bully all at once.
    Right winger WTF are you on about ?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    The clue is 'man-made'. Who knows ? If it rains, its CC. If it snows, it's CC. If it's hot or cold, it's CC. If it's Windy it's CC. They used to bang on about the 'hole in the ozone layer'. Remember that ? Then it vanished and they had to find something else to get stressed out about.
    Posting nonsense like this then crying about people arguing is about as ironic as you can get.

The hole in the ozone layer stabilised after CFCs were deemed to be causing it and there was a massive global effort to ban them.

Right winger WTF are you on about ?
    People who have right leaning political views. I wasn’t talking about you btw, I don’t know who you are tbh, go back and read it again and you can see it’s about people crying about “arguing”.

When people have “opinions” that aren’t based in fact they should expect them to be questioned not cry about “arguing”.

If all he wants to do is talk about Cardiff city why not just stick to football threads?
    Posting nonsense like this then crying about people arguing is about as ironic as you can get.

The hole in the ozone layer stabilised after CFCs were deemed to be causing it and there was a massive global effort to ban them.
    Hole in the Ozone layer …hmmmm

Hole in the Ozone layer …hmmmm
    What do you mean mate

A good rule for message boards, act like you would in a pub with the same people, if you made some snidey remark you would expect to be pulled up on it and maybe given a slap, so you wouldn't do it,
    Exactly this….. would you say it standing at the bar in a pub?

[QUOTE=rudy gestede;5323664]What do you mean

I don’t think the measures you have mentioned has had any impact regardless of what’s reported, but then again I’ve always questioned things and don’t take things as face value. That’s obvious from things I post

There’s so much evidence out there proving it. What are you basing your opinion on? Genuinely interested.

Do you think there was never a hole in the ozone?

Seriously I work in a job where we have to base how we design things of extreme weather and space weather and stuff like this drives the design. Do you think massive engineering projects use information from stuff that isn’t real?

I’m not taking things purely off what I read in newspapers, there is so much data and information out there that shows it to be true.

[QUOTE=TWGL1;5323667]
    What do you mean

I don’t think the measures you have mentioned has had any impact regardless of what’s reported, but then again I’ve always questioned things and don’t take things as face value. That’s obvious from things I post
    The ozone layer in 2021 was one of the largest since records began. It fluctuates as it's influenced by several stratospheric and solar events - much like climate change itself..

[QUOTE=A Quiet Monkfish;5323670]

The ozone layer in 2021 was one of the largest since records began. It fluctuates as it's influenced by several stratospheric and solar events - much like climate change itself..
    It does fluctuate yes but it was genuinely expanding rapidly prior to the ban on CFCs.

Much like climate change it has natural things affecting it and man made things affecting it and conflating them just to try and prove a point is pretty short sighted and reductive.

[QUOTE=rudy gestede;5323672]
    Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post

It does fluctuate yes but it was genuinely expanding rapidly prior to the ban on CFCs.

Much like climate change it has natural things affecting it and man made things affecting it and conflating them just to try and prove a point is pretty short sighted and reductive.
    Ah, I'm short sighted and reductive as well now.

You’d make a good politician though

I said the argument was short sighted and reductive, don’t take anyone questioning your opinion as an insult.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    A wind up? All you have to do is look at the posters that piss over almost every thread on this board to see that there are people here that are not really here for community of any sort, to talk about Cardiff City or even have a discussion without inserting an aggressive and extreme agenda.
    I found you very rude and absusive to me on atleast one occasion. I'm not complaining, just pointing out your hypocritical position.

You’d make a good politician though

I said the argument was short sighted and reductive, don’t take anyone questioning your opinion as an insult.
    What did you think of that article i posted further back.The Science industry told millions to take anti depressants. Now they're saying there's no solid basis for it. So what happened to your peer review backstop ensuring flawed studies get exsposed? Only took 40 years and numerous lives ruined because people who trusted the sCiEnCe

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    What did you think of that article i posted further back.The Science industry told millions to take anti depressants. Now they're saying there's no solid basis for it. So what happened to your peer review backstop ensuring flawed studies get exsposed? Only took 40 years and numerous lives ruined because people who trusted the sCiEnCe
    forget about that, this is the question you should be asking

why do people use Multi accounts to reply to themselves ( for example, Croesy Blue quoting and replying to himself as Rudy Gestede and visa versa, thats the answer the board is waiting for

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    I don't really want to engage but this is complete bollox. I don't mind admitting that I regularly need to take antidepressants and they have saved more lives than they've damaged. I get sick of this false narrative that medication is a problem. Finding the right treatment is a problem, over-prescribing is a problem and misinformation is a problem. The stuff your spouting is dangerous. Respectfully, give it a f*cking rest and find some purpose in your life mate. This can't be doing you any good.

forget about that, this is the question you should be asking

why do people use Multi accounts to reply to themselves ( for example, Croesy Blue quoting and replying to himself as Rudy Gestede and visa versa, thats the answer the board is waiting for
    I guess as a moderator you have the ability to spot that kind of stuff. Any other examples?