+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526 LastLast

Thread: England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

Re: England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/e...of-depression/

Gives some good expert reviews of the study.

She’s obviously not an idiot but definitely had an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    https://www.sciencemediacentre.org/e...of-depression/

Gives some good expert reviews of the study.

She’s obviously not an idiot but definitely had an agenda.
    That's a great summary. I love Prof Nutt's review. He's a big advocate of psychotropic treatments which is one of the most exciting areas of treatment imo.

Prof David Nutt, Edmond J Safra Chair and Head of the Centre for Neuropsychopharmacology, Imperial College London, said:

“This meta review covers much of the work done over the past 50 years to explore the relationship of the serotonin system to depression. Unfortunately, all of these variables are indirect measures of serotonin function or even worse (as in the case if the gene-linkage studies) merely proxies for serotonin activity. It is only recently that we have developed the technology to measure serotonin release in the living human brain and in the first study of this type (currently under review) we did find decreased serotonin release capacity in people with depression. So, to dismiss the serotonin hypothesis of depression at this point is premature.”

Yet another case of scientific zeitgeist :

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...arch-16-years/

For me the terrible part is there were scientists trying to get this message across to the mainstream media and leading scientific bodies, but they were dismissed. The point I'm making is exactly the same as throughout the thread - be skeptical, question everything, even when the 'experts' are in the majority..

There’s a big difference between being sceptical and saying the ozone hole was never an issue and CFCs had nothing to do with it.

Do you have the whole article all I can see is the headline saying “May have misled” so can’t read any of the article let alone the associated studies.

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Yet another case of scientific zeitgeist :

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...arch-16-years/

For me the terrible part is there were scientists trying to get this message across to the mainstream media and leading scientific bodies, but they were dismissed. The point I'm making is exactly the same as throughout the thread - be skeptical, question everything, even when the 'experts' are in the majority..
    Yes science should always be questioned, that's kind of the point.

However not one of the people who are expressing doubt in man made climate change in this thread has been able to describe to me what the case for climate change being man made actually is, despite me asking several times.
    I strongly suspect that is because you don't know what it is.

Questioning things because the evidence is weak, or there is good evidence that contradicts it is a good thing to do. Being sceptical about something because you haven't taken the time to understand it is just ignorance, and assuming that you know more than any credible scientists working in the field, from reading some right wing twat's opinion piece is just pure arrogance.

There’s a big difference between being sceptical and saying the ozone hole was never an issue and CFCs had nothing to do with it.

Do you have the whole article all I can see is the headline saying “May have misled” so can’t read any of the article let alone the associated studies.
    It's in the Times also, but you have to subscribe. Just read it in the Cafe.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post

However not one of the people who are expressing doubt in man made climate change in this thread has been able to describe to me what the case for climate change being man made actually is, despite me asking several times.

Questioning things because the evidence is weak, or there is good evidence that contradicts it is a good thing to do. Being sceptical about something because you haven't taken the time to understand it is just ignorance, and assuming that you know more than any credible scientists working in the field, from reading some right wing twat's opinion piece is just pure arrogance.
    Spot on. Michael Gove and his ilk really did a good job at whipping up their base to be “skeptical” against experts so it lets them get away with what they want.

It's in the Times also, but you have to subscribe. Just read it in the Cafe.
    Any interesting insights?

You were doing well until you confirmed your confirmation bias

Calling a right wing twat a right wing twat isn’t confirmation bias you right wing twat

Calling a right wing twat a right wing twat isn’t confirmation bias you right wing twat
    What about left-wing twats?

PIERS CORBYN
    Man-Made Climate Change Does not Exist!

https://www.bundestag.de/resource/bl...orbyn-data.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

PIERS CORBYN

can confirm he is a twat yes

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post

PIERS CORBYN

He’s the biggest twat going

That state of that document too the reference links either don’t work, are to something else or are misaligned.

I’d be embarrassed to submit that for GCSE coursework and that’s ignoring the poor content .

You can't help getting personal and abusive can you. People who are more aggressive on media tend to do so to over compensate for real life inadequacies. You get angry and unpleasant pretty much every time you try to make a point.

Who is that personal to?

You can't help getting personal and abusive can you. People who are more aggressive on media tend to do so to over compensate for real life inadequacies. You get angry and unpleasant pretty much every time you try to make a point.
    Why do you think I'm angry?

If you're that offended by the rude word I used then feel free to omit it and re-read the post.

Didn't realise there were so many delicate people on here.

Didn't realise there were so many delicate people on here.
    Surely it hasn't taken you this long to realise this...

Wait so are we believing every word in articles now or not?
    You seem to be, or do you pick and choose what "science" you like depending on what your globalist masters prioritise?

I'm a leftist twat you fascist twat.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    I think on any forum you have to have faith and trust in the people who moderate the board. Regardless of the Rudy sniping tonight you seem happy to allow people like Goslow and Lither spread their poison. A few decent posters have left the board in the last couple of years and I am adding my name to that list.
    Good heavens, man, don't go! You are one of the best three contributors on here.

Anybody wearing a jumper today?

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Good heavens, man, don't go! You are one of the best three contributors on here.
    Who is number two?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sizzling gammon

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Leaving aside the issue here, I love how the guardian always likes to think it contributes nothing to the culture war and is just an innocent bystander.

The criticism of the Sun's headline there, which albeit in tabloid style, is not remotely tied to climate change denial kinda demonstrates their agenda.