+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 1617181920212223242526

Thread: England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

Re: England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    Leaving aside the issue here, I love how the guardian always likes to think it contributes nothing to the culture war and is just an innocent bystander.

The criticism of the Sun's headline there, which albeit in tabloid style, is not remotely tied to climate change denial kinda demonstrates their agenda.
    Who doesn't like a bit of irony to warm their hearts on a miserable summers day.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Who doesn't like a bit of irony to warm their hearts on a miserable summers day.
    It's so arrogant. We are right, you are wrong. Any deviation from our opinion means you want to start a culture war. Drives me round the bend

I am on broadly on team guardian in terms of climate change mind. Maybe less radical than them, but I wish they would stop being so self aggrandising

It's so arrogant. We are right, you are wrong. Any deviation from our opinion means you want to start a culture war. Drives me round the bend
    I wonder if there are any icicles and snowmen on todays weather map?

I am on broadly on team guardian in terms of climate change mind. Maybe less radical than them, but I wish they would stop being so self aggrandising
    Out of interest, which daily newspaper (with the possible exception of the I) offers the sort of nuance that you crave?

Listen to yourself - you agree with the Guardian and then criticise them for behaving in exactly the same manner as you do.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Listen to yourself - you agree with the Guardian and then criticise them for behaving in exactly the same manner as you do.
    A newspaper is only allowed an opinion if it concurs with JW's views.

Unless it's the Guardian, which must be criticised regardless of it's take on any given topic.

Them's the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    Out of interest, which daily newspaper (with the possible exception of the I) offers the sort of nuance that you crave?
    The Times and The i are best IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Claude Blue View Post
    A newspaper is only allowed an opinion if it concurs with JW's views.

Unless it's the Guardian, which must be criticised regardless of it's take on any given topic.

Them's the rules.
    Where did I say it wasn't allowed an opinion? I just criticised the style of it.

I'm allowed to criticise it aren't I?

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    I don't think I contribute to the culture wars Bob - It's not me printing divisive stuff.

Surely we are allowed to criticise it aren't we?

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Please don’t do that. This board is an absolute cesspit these days, no doubt about that, and the fact that Blue Matt is a moderator speaks volumes. However, some of the football discussion is still decent and there are plenty of good people still using this forum.

Don’t let the fools drive you away. Your posts are appreciated by many of us, I’m sure.
    Big agree on all this.

Hope Cyril is just taking a well-earned break, not leaving for good.

Quote Originally Posted by lardy View Post
    Big agree on all this.

Hope Cyril is just taking a well-earned break, not leaving for good.
    I heard he's getting the ferry to France for a few days rest.

I heard he's getting the ferry to France for a few days rest.
    Sounds like a euphemism for being put down!

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    Good heavens, man, don't go! You are one of the best three contributors on here.
    Stay I love you 😍

Leaving aside the issue here, I love how the guardian always likes to think it contributes nothing to the culture war and is just an innocent bystander.

The criticism of the Sun's headline there, which albeit in tabloid style, is not remotely tied to climate change denial kinda demonstrates their agenda.
    On the few occasions I've read the Guardian [after yet another link on here], I've never understood any of their articles - they seem to start of with a dramatic headline and then ramble on without making any sense. It's a bit like those football cartoons from the paper - never have a clue what point the bloke is trying to make - tried reading left to right, up and across, they're a mystery..

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    On the few occasions I've read the Guardian [after yet another link on here], I've never understood any of their articles - they seem to start of with a dramatic headline and then ramble on without making any sense. It's a bit like those football cartoons from the paper - never have a clue what point the bloke is trying to make - tried reading left to right, up and across, they're a mystery..
    I provide reading and comprehension lessons at very reasonable rates if that helps. I usually start with learning to fully understand the Daily Star before moving on to the broadsheets.

Another Guardian article for some in this thread to get upset about.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...war-daily-mail

Watched the first episode of big oil vs the world this evening. What Exxon and co did then is scandalous but the gutter press are still at it.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p0cgql8f