+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

Re: England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Don't analyse it too much, they will use the national emergency to pass new legislation, since every problem needs a solution. It doesn't even need to be hot, as long as people perceive it to be a problem.
    good job its not going to be that hot in Wales, Drakeford might have you all back in Lockdown for a few weeks

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Maybe when a few sunburnt, shirtless, dehydrated, pissed up football fans collapse in the heat of the New Meadow, they may wish theyd taken the warnings seriously.
    Add this to the mix too: Mechanism of cocaine-induced hyperthermia in humans

A red weather warning announcement is so easily ignored if you want to ignore it. Like so, so many things you'd think from the reaction of some people on here that the Government are coming round and waterboarding people door to door to make sure they stay cool

Maybe when a few sunburnt, shirtless, dehydrated, pissed up football fans collapse in the heat of the New Meadow, they may wish theyd taken the warnings seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    Surely you're not suggesting that the long queues for the toilet cubicles at half time will be for something other than having an Eartha?

Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    that's a very dramatic statement. Are you determined that they will or are you suggesting that if it only gets to 39 they won't?

The other alternative is that you know for a fact that they will and that is supernatural.
    Hot weather is very dangerous and it can kill. I slept in a cold water bath last night and I nearly drowned.

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    if it hits 40 degrees people will die. it seems like warning people to take precautions is the least they could be doing
    Quote Originally Posted by xsnaggle View Post
    that's a very dramatic statement. Are you determined that they will or are you suggesting that if it only gets to 39 they won't?

The other alternative is that you know for a fact that they will and that is supernatural.
    According to the UK Health Security Agency there were 1600 excess deaths as a direct consequence of last summer's heat wave - with temperatures a lot below what is expected in the next week. Saying people will die at 40 degrees is a near certainty. There will have been hundreds of heat-related deaths in the UK already this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Wales-Bales View Post
    Hot weather is very dangerous and it can kill. I slept in a cold water bath last night and I nearly drowned.
    It is the WEF back-up depopulation plan for Covid deniers. Organ has probably covered this with a YouTube clip somewhere.

Surely you're not suggesting that the long queues for the toilet cubicles at half time will be for something other than having an Eartha?
    I've just checked with my legal team and I think I'm OK.
    However, they did say that I shouldn't say that some of them will be, others won't and some may even be queing so they can film themselves kicking the sh*t out of a faucet for their FaceTwit page.....allegedly.

The Met Office app on my phone says that the max temperature in Cardiff on Monday will be 30°C, but the BBC website says that it will be 37°C. How can there be so much difference in a 48-hour forecast?

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    The Met Office app on my phone says that the max temperature in Cardiff on Monday will be 30°C, but the BBC website says that it will be 37°C. How can there be so much difference in a 48-hour forecast?
    My piece of seaweed says 33.5

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Makes a change from the winter doomongers talking of 'plummeting' temperatures. We probably live in one of the most tepid climates on the planet yet nowadays there's red/amber triangles, exclamation marks, week in week out. Just waiting for the government to announce they're holding one of those 'COBRA' meetings just to add to the drama.
    Bang on cue !!

Next, the lecterns..

Bang on cue !!

Next, the lecterns..
    AQM, you know you're replying to yourself mate! I do sh*t like this all the time but I'm certified barking!

The World climate has never been constant. It's differed from millennium to millennium, century to century, even between decades. Egypt was covered in grassland and woodland. The deserts of Northern Africa had lush vegetation with rivers. No-one doubts the climate is changing, but the man-made hypothesis is not based on science, but a pseudo-political drive to make people aware of the planet they inhabit. There's no tangible link.
    There's an interesting three-part documentary series starting on BBC 2 on Thursday (9pm). It's called Big Oil vs the World. It tells the story of a scientific research programme set up by Exxon back in the early-Eighties which revealed clear signs of climate change caused by fossil fuel usage.

This was the company's own, well-founded research and was carried out by their own scientists, but in response to the detailed reports, their high-powered executives and other major players in the gas and oil industry set about shaping the debate towards denial and funded an extensive campaign to block any action in order to protect their enormous profits.

I'm guessing a fruitcake like you probably knows better than the Exxon scientists, though.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    There's an interesting three-part documentary series starting on BBC 2 on Thursday (9pm). It's called Big Oil vs the World. It tells the story of a scientific research programme set up by Exxon back in the early-Eighties which revealed clear signs of climate change caused by fossil fuel usage.

This was the company's own, well-founded research and was carried out by their own scientists, but in response to the detailed reports, their high-powered executives and other major players in the gas and oil industry set about shaping the debate towards denial and funded an extensive campaign to block any action in order to protect their enormous profits.

I'm guessing a fruitcake like you probably knows better than the Exxon scientists, though.
    I hope Tory John Hayes will be watching the documentary. I wonder how much he has trousered from the oil industry over the years.

You are very big on accusing other people of lying. How do you know that the information that you base your opinions on is not biased or lies. Or, as I suspect, are you a know all who always thinks that his opinion is correct.

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    You are very big on accusing other people of lying. How do you know that the information that you base your opinions on is not biased or lies. Or, as I suspect, are you a know all who always thinks that his opinion is correct.
    Do you think the earth is flat ?

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Do you believe your opinion is always correct?

As for accusing people of lying, what I actually do is call you out when it's obvious you're bullshitting. Which is a reasonably frequent occurrence.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    AQM, you know you're replying to yourself mate! I do sh*t like this all the time but I'm certified barking!
    Woof woof !!

I'm not a fruitcake. Anyway, enjoy the documentary - if it's the BBC it must be true and factual.

I'm not a fruitcake. Anyway, enjoy the documentary - if it's the BBC it must be true and factual.
    But its not just the BBC though is it?

What do you hear/see when I say the below?

99% of scientists, including NASA say climate change is man made and is going to have devastating consequences to us.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    But its not just the BBC though is it?

What do you hear/see when I say the below?

99% of scientists, including NASA say climate change is man made and is going to have devastating consequences to us.
    99% can you back that up with evidence?

https://simonleewx.com/2020/04/19/we...lly-exclusive/

We have had a few heatwaves in the past , where temperatures were up close to 39 degrees. See below ..

Wasn't 96 hot for months ??

https://simonleewx.com/2018/07/18/heatwave-summers-theres-more-than-1976-1995/

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    99% can you back that up with evidence?
    Yeah

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...used-by-humans

https://iopscience.iop.org/article/1...48-9326/ac2966

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

Here's an interesting link, the UK public think its more like 65% of scientists think its man made, this shows once again that on average the British public are thick as shit.

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/news/public-hu...climate-change

I mean, this is really really basic fact. There isn't a debate anymore, it is happening and it is caused by man.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    https://simonleewx.com/2020/04/19/we...lly-exclusive/

We have had a few heatwaves in the past , where temperatures were up close to 39 degrees. See below ..

Wasn't 96 hot for months ??

https://simonleewx.com/2018/07/18/he...han-1976-1995/
    I'm not saying it hasn't been hotter, to be honest I don't have a clue about 1976, but the trends that are occurring world wide with alarming frequently should be extreme cause for concern.

I'm still waiting for someone to tell me why there is a correlation between education levels and believing climate change is caused by man.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Yeah

https://www.theguardian.com/environm...used-by-humans

https://iopscience.iop.org/article/1...48-9326/ac2966

https://climate.nasa.gov/scientific-consensus/

Here's an interesting link, the UK public think its more like 65% of scientists think its man made, this shows once again that on average the British public are thick as shit.

https://www.kcl.ac.uk/news/public-hu...climate-change

I mean, this is really really basic fact. There isn't a debate anymore, it is happening and it is caused by man.
    Not for the first time The Guardian headline is misleading, it's 99% of peer reviewed papers not 99% of scientists per se. A peer reviewed paper requires financial backing. So who is funding that? What agenda do they have? Follow the money..
    I'm into environmentalism & reducing pollution anyway, so it's probably a good thing to stop burning coal. Not 100% sold on man made climate change though.

Anyway, Good to see you haven't put me on ignore Doucas!