+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

Re: England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

I'd love for any of the climate change sceptics on here to detail what they think is the 'case' for man made climate change and why they don't agree with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Not for the first time The Guardian headline is misleading, it's 99% of peer reviewed papers not 99% of scientists per se. A peer reviewed paper requires financial backing. So who is funding that? What agenda do they have? Follow the money..
    I'm into environmentalism & reducing pollution anyway, so it's probably a good thing to stop burning coal. Not 100% sold on man made climate change though.

Anyway, Good to see you haven't put me on ignore Doucas!
    So if you include scientists who produce work that has not been verified by anyone else, the number is lower than 99%?

And yes, I'd be interested to know who you think is funding almost every single peer review - it's not oil companies, it's not gas companies, it's not governments, as it's not in their best interests. Where did you end up when you followed the money?

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    But its not just the BBC though is it?

What do you hear/see when I say the below?

99% of scientists, including NASA say climate change is man made and is going to have devastating consequences to us.
    Forgive me for saying, but you do tend to use dramatic phraseology. Yesterday you were 'terrified' of my opinions. Today we're going to have 'devastating consequences..! You don't work for the BBC, do you ?

Quote Originally Posted by A Quiet Monkfish View Post
    Forgive me for saying, but you do tend to use dramatic phraseology. Yesterday you were 'terrified' of my opinions. Today we're going to have 'devastating consequences..! You don't work for the BBC, do you ?
    How to tell him you've lost the argument without telling him you've lost the argument

Everything nowadays seems to be even more over the top than usual in the media. Scaremongering is rife.

Woof woof !!
    My kinda language! 🤣🤙

Quote Originally Posted by UNDERHILL1927 View Post
    Everything nowadays seems to be even more over the top than usual in the media. Scaremongering is rife.
    It’s not the media issuing warnings. It’s the Met Office, the UKHSA and the government.

I'm not a fruitcake. Anyway, enjoy the documentary - if it's the BBC it must be true and factual.
    Are you going to watch it? I hope so as I’d be interested to hear the fruitcake perspective, especially given the documentary evidence that will apparently be presented.

Forgive me for saying, but you do tend to use dramatic phraseology.
    This is kind of ironic given your dramatic proclamations during the early stages of the pandemic.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    It’s not the media issuing warnings. It’s the Met Office, the UKHSA and the government.
    Most argumentative man on the planet.

Most argumentative man on the planet.
    Bloody facts. Always getting in the way.

Don't deflect, answer the question.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    Don't deflect, answer the question.
    What question ?

Are you going to watch it? I hope so as I’d be interested to hear the fruitcake perspective, especially given the documentary evidence that will apparently be presented.
    There was a BBC documentary the other night regarding the SAS with'a lot of evidence', all completely denied afterwards by the relevant authorities. You really don't have to believe and accept everything you're told or watch.

Maybe because we're consuming news and information 24/7, whereas in 1976 we may have seen 1 news bulletin a day and read the morning or evening paper.

There was a BBC documentary the other night regarding the SAS with'a lot of evidence', all completely denied afterwards by the relevant authorities. You really don't have to believe and accept everything you're told or watch.
    I’m going to take a wild guess here, but is it possible that you don’t believe anything you’re told or you watch that doesn’t fit the beliefs you already harbour?

I’m going to take a wild guess here, but is it possible that you don’t believe anything you’re told or you watch that doesn’t fit the beliefs you already harbour?
    But, but, but is was there SAS it must be true

International

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    According to the UK Health Security Agency there were 1600 excess deaths as a direct consequence of last summer's heat wave - with temperatures a lot below what is expected in the next week. Saying people will die at 40 degrees is a near certainty. There will have been hundreds of heat-related deaths in the UK already this month.
    " near certainty " Thank you Jon.

Just curious but am I more likely to die driving at 20mph in 40 degree heat, or driving at 30mph when it's 30 degrees?

Quote Originally Posted by The Bloop View Post
    Just curious but am I more likely to die driving at 20mph in 40 degree heat, or driving at 30mph when it's 30 degrees?
    😂😂

That depends on whether or not you have had a Covid booster!

Depends where the sun is shining

Has anyone else noticed that the higher the temperature but lower the driving speed it really doesn't take that long to fill a bath with batshit anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Because our education system has been over taken with marxists. Education these days is about teaching marxist ideology and not independent, critical thinking.

The earth has been a lot hotter than it is today.
    Not managed to read the rest of the thread but this has to be the stupidest comment in the whole thing.

����
    You still can’t drink water when driving though in whatever heat, you’ll get done fir driving without due care and attention. You can still pick your nose though if you like…..