+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

Re: England’s first ever red warning for extreme heat on Monday and Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    Yeah, records have only been collated for around 140 years, so they're almost meaningless. After all, we've all been alive for a lot longer than that, haven't we?
    I can't believe you don't have this Lither bloke on ignore. And his suspected alter ago. I have to check with JR Hartley about that. He's the expert.

It's a point of interest, quite obviously. Assuming the forecasts are accurate, I reckon the highest temperatures in the UK during our lifetimes would be considered a noteworthy event, but perhaps you think otherwise.
    The temperature is higher than average , however, it’s not prolonged as in past summers , and we are not having reservoirs baking dry , or hosepipe bans like in previous summers.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    The temperature is higher than average , however, it’s not prolonged as in past summers , and we are not having reservoirs baking dry , or hosepipe bans like in previous summers.
    But this thread is about a weather warning for an extremely high temperature. There's a whole list of things that aren't happening.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I can't believe you don't have this Lither bloke on ignore. And his suspected alter ago. I have to check with JR Hartley about that. He's the expert.
    Goslow is my bet.

We haven’t had any snow for a while either. Which is about as relevant.

Yeah, records have only been collated for around 140 years, so they're almost meaningless. After all, we've all been alive for a lot longer than that, haven't we?
    Wow 140 years. And how old is the planet?

Quote Originally Posted by Lither_1927 View Post
    Wow 140 years. And how old is the planet?
    At least 150 years by all accounts.

We haven’t had any snow for a while either. Which is about as relevant.
    How is it not relevant , I would of thought a real heatwave would result in the aforementioned measures being implemented.The fact that they aren’t suggests that it’s a slow news day.

How is it not relevant , I would of thought a real heatwave would result in the aforementioned measures being implemented.The fact that they aren’t suggests that it’s a slow news day.
    A heat wave has not been predicted. A few extremely hot days by UK standards have. Try to keep up.

At least 150 years by all accounts.
    Do you know what he’s supposed to be arguing about here?

A heat wave has not been predicted. A few extremely hot days by UK standards have. Try to keep up.
    That’s what I thought but reading this thread and not watching MSM I thought it was something more serious ,many thanks for the clarification, I was starting the sweat

That’s what I thought but reading this thread and not watching MSM I thought it was something more serious ,many thanks for the clarification, I was starting the sweat:
    I’m delighted to have been able to put your mind at rest by confirming that a heat wave nobody predicted is not about to happen.

That’s what I thought but reading this thread and not watching MSM I thought it was something more serious ,many thanks for the clarification, I was starting the sweat
    Some years back someone got on Gunman's wick so much he dismissed him as a pissant.

It was amusing as feck.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    It's quite clear Bob. Because the earth may be warming up slightly over a very very very short period of time means very little in the bigger picture. 140 year old records alone are not evidence of man made global warming. Bit pointless citing said records. The earth has been, on average, something like 15⁰ warmer than the 2021 average during certain periods in the past.

It's quite clear Bob. Because the earth may be warming up slightly over a very very very short period of time means very little in the bigger picture. 140 year old records alone are not evidence of man made global warming. Bit pointless citing said records. The earth has been, on average, something like 15⁰ warmer than the 2021 average during certain periods in the past.
    None of which makes what I said wrong.

I didn’t want to get involved in this thread because you can’t convince people who don’t want to learn.

But this post shows how little a grasp you actually have of the whole thing and yet you make posts with such conviction without even having a basic grasp of the facts.

It’s all out there, I wrote my thesis on climate change and I’m afraid it’s very real and this is just the start of it. There are vast amounts of peer reviewed articles and journal citing genuine source data. If you were genuinely interested in understanding it you would go and read them instead of parroting this obviously shallow and incorrect grasp on the subject.

He likes heat but he doesn't like jabs nor lockdowns?

This thread and others has had me thinking an awful lot about Douglas Adams recently. I mentioned Elon Musk in the 20mph thread and this one has had me thinking about the reference to people arguing over what colour the wheel should be in the Hitchhiker's Guide To The Universe. So with that in mind I though this was really interesting.

Days before Douglas Adams died, the Minor Planet Centre announced the naming of asteroid 18610 as Arthurdent. In 2005, the asteroid 25924 Douglasadams was named in his memory. More recently, SpaceX CEO Elon Musk revealed himself as a fan when he launched his Tesla Roadster into an elliptical heliocentric orbit, sending an important message (emblazoned on the car’s dashboard) to the galaxy: ‘Don't Panic!’.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    Be careful you don't dehydrate. I went for a 10k run in the heat a couple of weeks back and it ****ed me. My vision was blurred and i couldn't piss for three days. As for the comparisons, well fair enough and all that, but the difference these days is that there is more awareness in every aspect of life, from work to general living, and it isn't a bad thing. Yes, it's overkill and sensationalist at times, but that's media for you now, it wants peoples attention now. I don't get this dismissive attitude towards warnings like this. Just because some of us old farts were killing ourselves in this heat in days gone by, it shouldn't be seen as enough anecdotal evidence to suggest that these warnings are complete bollocks. Be careful on your run, look for shade
    did 4 miles without any breaks in the end in the sunshine no problems

t shirt is drenched but roll on Tuesday night for some more !

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    He likes heat but he doesn't like jabs nor lockdowns?
    Tomorrow’s breakfast time weather forecast;-

“It looks like today is going to be the hottest day since records began in some parts of the country, but, don’t worry, there was this Thursday 10 million years ago that I’m told was far worse.”

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post
    I didn’t want to get involved in this thread because you can’t convince people who don’t want to learn.

But this post shows how little a grasp you actually have of the whole thing and yet you make posts with such conviction without even having a basic grasp of the facts.

It’s all out there, I wrote my thesis on climate change and I’m afraid it’s very real and this is just the start of it. There are vast amounts of peer reviewed articles and journal citing genuine source data. If you were genuinely interested in understanding it you would go and read them instead of parroting this obviously shallow and incorrect grasp on the subject.
    What is "just the start of it"? 34⁰ tempreture in Cardiff tomorrow? People are too easily swayed into moral panic.
    You wrote an academic paper on climate change yet wrote two paragraphs without saying anything about climate change. other than "be afraid, be very afraid" lol

Quote Originally Posted by rudy gestede View Post

A thesis? How very Marxist of you.

To those on here who don't believe in science have a read and see if you understand the complications of this. Some said here my language was too extreme, I'd argue it was nowhere near extreme enough. We are in big trouble no matter how much you want to bury your head in the sand.

https://www.sundaypost.com/fp/humani...s-and-animals/

Tomorrow’s breakfast time weather forecast;-

“It looks like today is going to be the hottest day since records began in some parts of the country, but, don’t worry, there was this Thursday 10 million years ago that I’m told was far worse.”
    10 million years ago? The Romans were growing grapes in Britain during one of our many WARM periods.

What is "just the start of it"? 34⁰ tempreture in Cardiff tomorrow? People are too easily swayed into moral panic.
    You wrote an academic paper on climate change yet wrote two paragraphs without saying anything about climate change. other than "be afraid, be very afraid" lol
    Crop shortages, wild fires, rising sea levels, massive population displacement. All already happening.

Like I said if you want to talk with such conviction with just the most base understanding of a subject go for it. But there’s plenty of unbiased data and journals you can look at it you were generally interested in educating yourself.

10 million years ago? The Romans were growing grapes in Britain during one of our many WARM periods.

**** me it’s embarrassing how little you understand this.