+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Lewis Grabban

Re: Lewis Grabban

I don't get this thread at all. He's well past his best for me

There’s no doubt about it he’s been a good goal scorer at championship level and may continue to do so for a couple of years yet but is giving a 34/35 year old a 2 year deal the way forward and inkeeping with the new transfer strategy? I don’t think so. It’s a move backwards imo. Ok off the bench but are we going to use a fair amount of our budget on such a player?

If he’s turning down a Forest contract he ain’t coming here for 12k a week.

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    His best was championship quality.

He’s past his mediocre.

Move on

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    He didn't. His last game was the 3-0 defeat to Southampton. David Kerslake was in charge for the Sunderland game.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/25474665
    That means my first and only Premier League was Malky's last. It was a dreadful experience. I think it was my first game at the CCS. I had to sit on my own and I wanted to leave at half-time.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    That means my first and only Premier League was Malky's last. It was a dreadful experience. I think it was my first game at the CCS. I had to sit on my own and I wanted to leave at half-time.

Sounds great. But then you were supporting the rebranded Cardiff City, so you got what you deserved.

My first Premier League game was a 3-2 defeat to Arsenal under Warnock. Entertaining stuff, although Arsenal were comfortably better than the scoreline suggests.

I saw four home games in 2018/19 - 2-3 v Arsenal, 0-5 v Manchester City, 1-2 v Burnley and 0-2 v Liverpool. I did see City win 2-1 at Southampton in my only away game that season, though. 90th minute winner by Kenneth Zohore. Whatever happened to him?

Quote Originally Posted by fugsyphil View Post
    I don't get comments like this at all. Well past his best is still better than what we have.

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    I don't get comments like this at all. Well past his best is still better than what we have.
    We can do better than Grabban

Quote Originally Posted by Doucas View Post
    That's more of a comment on the strikers we have at our disposal rather than Grabban's ability