+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 14,000 Season Tickets sold.

14,000 Season Tickets sold.

A bloke at work yesterday was saying we’ve just about crossed over 14k STs sold. I’ve not seen anything official about it, so I don’t suppose anyone on here has a better idea of how they’re selling?

I know it was just over 13k sold about 10-12 days ago so another 1k in that time is quite impressive.

Re: 14,000 Season Tickets sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    A bloke at work yesterday was saying we’ve just about crossed over 14k STs sold. I’ve not seen anything official about it, so I don’t suppose anyone on here has a better idea of how they’re selling?

I know it was just over 13k sold about 10-12 days ago so another 1k in that time is quite impressive.
    Yeah not bad figures really.

Certainly a better figure than I was expecting.

I think someone posted the sales figures from recent seasons before? Does anyone have them to hand? What was the last prem season, 24,000 or so?

Sunderland have sold over 30,000 ST’s to date. https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport...n-sale-3768399.

That already puts them 3,000 ahead of any Championship club‘s average last season without counting away fans or more ad-hoc ticket buyers.

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    Sunderland have sold over 30,000 ST’s to date. https://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport...n-sale-3768399.

That already puts them 3,000 ahead of any Championship club‘s average last season without counting away fans or more ad-hoc ticket buyers.
    They’re a massive club to be fair, always have been. Also, no offence to any Sunderland fans, it’s an absolute shithole with nothing to do so everyone gravitates towards the football. That’s the impression I get anyways.

Sunderland voted Brexit which I thought was bizarre when they had the massive Nissan plant there, they got away with it somehow

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    They’re a massive club to be fair, always have been. Also, no offence to any Sunderland fans, it’s an absolute shithole with nothing to do so everyone gravitates towards the football. That’s the impression I get anyways.
    Bit harsh mate.

https://m.facebook.com/SPORTbible/vi...3082794503902/

Nothing at all wrong with Sunderland, people are friendly as well

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Pontprennau Blues View Post
    Sunderland voted Brexit which I thought was bizarre when they had the massive Nissan plant there, they got away with it somehow
    Merthyr massive European investment over the years ........voted to leave ......as did Ebbw vale

What can you say ?

My mate from Southport who is an Everon fan thinks they are a bigger supported club than Sunderland

I doubt very much if Everton would be getting gates like Sunderland did last season if it was their 5th season in the 3rd tier of English football

Quote Originally Posted by SLUDGE FACTORY View Post
    My mate from Southport who is an Everon fan thinks they are a bigger supported club than Sunderland

I doubt very much if Everton would be getting gates like Sunderland did last season if it was their 5th season in the 3rd tier of English football
    I think they would personally

Merthyr massive European investment over the years ........voted to leave ......as did Ebbw vale

What can you say ?
    Remember some bloke being interviewed by one of the Wales TV programmes asking why he voted brexit - his reply was what have they ever done for us type of response and in shot behind him was a community building with a blue European badge on indicating it had been funded through some European fund 👍
    Last edited by Nobody's Rep; 15-07-22 at 20:49. Reason: Typo

Sunderland did a Chelsea and took over most of ninian park one year they were everywhere 83/84 maybe?

Last night I gave my next door neighbour one hundred pounds. Then today he gave me fifty pounds back, I thought top bloke. Mind you he did tell me what to spend it on.

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I think they would personally
    After 5 years ?

They dont sell out at the moment , they ain't going to be packing out goodison when it's the 4th season of watching what is the old division 3

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Sunderland did a Chelsea and took over most of ninian park one year they were everywhere 83/84 maybe?
    1979 1980 season I think

Nah must have been later than that surely as I would have only been 14 and I'm sure I came from the pub 😂😂

After 5 years ?

They dont sell out at the moment , they ain't going to be packing out goodison when it's the 4th season of watching what is the old division 3
    I think they would at their new stadium, Everton historically are in the top ten teams for support

Quote Originally Posted by TWGL1 View Post
    I think they would at their new stadium, Everton historically are in the top ten teams for support
    Big club but that was in the past , in terms of bums on seats I don't think they are on a par with Sunderland or Newcastle , 2 relegation and a few seasons down there ? I don't think they would be there 😕

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody's Rep View Post
    Nah must have been later than that surely as I would have only been 14 and I'm sure I came from the pub 😂😂
    May 1980. Ray Bishop scored for us. Sunderland had way over 10000 at the game. Unbelievable support!

Quote Originally Posted by Mario Miethig View Post
    May 1980. Ray Bishop scored for us. Sunderland had way over 10000 at the game. Unbelievable support!
    Feck me I started going to the pub at a young age 😂😂

What can you say ?

Well, you could say, as the head of Nissan said, when announcing several hundred new jobs:

"The key success factor for Brexit has always been trade friendly business conditions to sustain our business not only in the UK but in the whole of Europe and thanks to Brexit, Nissan is moving forward to use Brexit as an opportunity."

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-57666008