+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Liz Truss

Re: Liz Truss

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    The ones calling the strike, Eric. Strikes me (no pun intended) they have received a reasonable offer. I'm not playing class warfare games. The industry wouldn't exist without support in the last 2 years (paid by us) and now they are striking. I've been on strike before, I am not someone who claims it's an easy job, or that it shouldnt be well paid, which it is - I have a couple of train driver mates. Put it this way, they drive cars I can only dream of owning.

Sorry, I don't support it. Its the last thing the country needs.
    Fine, I’d be amazed if anyone on here thought you would support it.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Fine, I’d be amazed if anyone on here thought you would support it.
    Where you on strike in the Civil Service just before the 1979 election Bob?

Would you believe that I was!

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Where you on strike in the Civil Service just before the 1979 election Bob?

Would you believe that I was!
    Yes, for three months and I got more money than if I’d been working. The section I worked on was picked for what was called selective strike action whereby the large majority of members would keep on working with a small minority on strike and being paid in full by the union. Still not sure why I was better off on strike than working and I wouldn’t attempt to justify it - it shouldn’t have happened.

I think you mentioned before that you worked in ECGD - were you there when you were on strike?

Yes, for three months and I got more money than if I’d been working. The section I worked on was picked for what was called selective strike action whereby the large majority of members would keep on working with a small minority on strike and being paid in full by the union. Still not sure why I was better off on strike than working and I wouldn’t attempt to justify it - it shouldn’t have happened.

I think you mentioned before that you worked in ECGD - were you there when you were on strike?
    Yes In Llanishen at the Tax Office ( Spir Q to pe precise)

I only went on strike on the couple of national strike days, ( and went on the picket line as well!) but our computer operations satff in the same building were part of the selective strike action.

Their experience was different from yours though. They had problems getting their full strike pay. I'm not sure how it ended and I am sure they must have got it in the end but I know a few of them swore they would never take selective strike action again.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Yes In Llanishen at the Tax Office ( Spir Q to pe precise)

I only went on strike on the couple of national strike days, ( and went on the picket line as well!) but our computer operations satff in the same building were part of the selective strike action.

Their experience was different from yours though. They had problems getting their full strike pay. I'm not sure how it ended and I am sure they must have got it in the end but I know a few of them swore they would never take selective strike action again.
    From memory, there was about fifty of us in New Companies section out on strike in Companies House and I’m not aware of anyone having a problem with their strike pay - I’d guess about ten to twenty per cent, possibly more, of that fifty would not have gone on strike if it had been “normal” one, although it’s true to say there would have been so much more pressure put on them then than there would be now for strike breaking.

I'm warming to Liz ..

Quote Originally Posted by JamesWales View Post
    The ones calling the strike, Eric. Strikes me (no pun intended) they have received a reasonable offer. I'm not playing class warfare games. The industry wouldn't exist without support in the last 2 years (paid by us) and now they are striking. I've been on strike before, I am not someone who claims it's an easy job, or that it shouldnt be well paid, which it is - I have a couple of train driver mates. Put it this way, they drive cars I can only dream of owning.

Sorry, I don't support it. Its the last thing the country needs.
    The last thing, really?

Offshoring profits - good
    Wealth and income inequality rising - good
    Corruption and contracts for pals - good
    Energy company profits through the roof - good
    Energy bills through the roof - good

Rail workers wanting their wage to pay for the same amount of stuff it did last year - ruining britain

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman View Post
    The last thing, really?

Offshoring profits - good
    Wealth and income inequality rising - good
    Corruption and contracts for pals - good
    Energy company profits through the roof - good
    Energy bills through the roof - good

Rail workers wanting their wage to pay for the same amount of stuff it did last year - ruining britain
    T’was ever so with the what’s in it for me party.

Anyone else remember when the Conservative party never used to wash their dirty linen in public?

Seems a few of their own MPs are not impressed by the way the leadership election is being conducted and you can’t really blame them.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-prada-loafers

Anyone else remember when the Conservative party never used to wash their dirty linen in public?

Seems a few of their own MPs are not impressed by the way the leadership election is being conducted and you can’t really blame them.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...-prada-loafers
    Doris is probably envious.

Starmer must be pissing himself at these 2 bickering Tory fools.

Liz Truss is dismal. The womans literally clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilts View Post
    Starmer must be pissing himself at these 2 bickering Tory fools.

Liz Truss is dismal. The womans literally clueless.
    We should be forever grateful to poor simple Liz Hilts, she's going to deliver us a massive Labour majority! In Liz We Truss 👍

It's impressive that Kate McCann lasted half an hour before keeling over.