+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: McGuinness

Re: McGuinness

Quote Originally Posted by dml1954 View Post
    Here we go again - slagging off a 21 year old player who came through the Arsenal academy and youth system for goodness sake (9 years there) and who has only played one season at Championship level so far, in a struggling team. Also deciding that the manager, players and tactics are all wrong for this season based on three meaningless pre-season games designed to get the players fit and experiment with tactics and formations. It beggars belief, really it does.
    Do you not understand how a football forum works?

People discuss the players, the manager, the tactics.etc That’s the general just of it.

Here we go again - slagging off a 21 year old player who came through the Arsenal academy and youth system for goodness sake (9 years there) and who has only played one season at Championship level so far, in a struggling team. Also deciding that the manager, players and tactics are all wrong for this season based on three meaningless pre-season games designed to get the players fit and experiment with tactics and formations. It beggars belief, really it does.
    I totally agree with you!

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    I wouldn't say Kipre is particularly inexperienced though- he's 25, has played 2 full seasons in the Championship (with Wigan), and got a not insignificant amount of minutes for West Brom last year. I'd imagine Morison sees him very much as first choice.
    No I wouldn’t say he’s inexperienced either, I just thought we would have brought in someone with more experience, say a Morrison or a Flint type character. He seems to fit Morisons profile around that 25 year old age where he felt we were lacking.
    To me still feels like there is something missing at the back but we will see, maybe they need to try and move Nelson on to free up wages.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Hill View Post
    Do you not understand how a football forum works?

People discuss the players, the manager, the tactics.etc That’s the general just of it.
    Well, you definitely don't understand how this particular football forum works. For the word ‘discuss’, replace it with ‘slag off’ and you would really get it right.

Here we go again - slagging off a 21 year old player who came through the Arsenal academy and youth system for goodness sake (9 years there)......
    So did Rhys Weston, who also had nine years there.

Don't get me wrong, I like McGuinness despite the fact that he became increasingly error-prone as last season wore on. I like his attitude and I'm hoping he'll establish himself as a solid Championship centre-back in due course. However, the fact that he went through the youth system at Arsenal means little. Plenty of players go through the academies at top clubs but subsequently fail to make the grade in the professional game.

McGuinness is back-up, and Ng. I can see Nelson and Kipre locking down the two centre back slots. Ng might get in if we go with three at the back - as long as he's not defending the back post.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Gunman View Post
    So did Rhys Weston, who also had nine years there.

Don't get me wrong, I like McGuinness despite the fact that he became increasingly error-prone as last season wore on. I like his attitude and I'm hoping he'll establish himself as a solid Championship centre-back in due course. However, the fact that he went through the youth system at Arsenal means little. Plenty of players go through the academies at top clubs but subsequently fail to make the grade in the professional game.
    Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    McGuinness is back-up, and Ng. I can see Nelson and Kipre locking down the two centre back slots. Ng might get in if we go with three at the back - as long as he's not defending the back post.
    only having seen 30 minutes of Kipre, I agree

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2bdoo View Post
    No I wouldn’t say he’s inexperienced either, I just thought we would have brought in someone with more experience, say a Morrison or a Flint type character. He seems to fit Morisons profile around that 25 year old age where he felt we were lacking.
    To me still feels like there is something missing at the back but we will see, maybe they need to try and move Nelson on to free up wages.
    Yeah I think like you say, Morison certainly has a type- players with something to prove who should be in/coming into their prime. I do think Denham has a bright future mind, at this club and/or beyond, and I'm hoping he can kick on and solve problems at the back for us should they arise throughout the season.