+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Tory Leadership Race Latest Big News

Tory Leadership Race Latest Big News

The MPs have left the paddock and are now saddled and at the starting line for this National (NO) Hunt hurdle race:

And off they go

Rishi Sunak's charges off and is in the lead in the first few furlongs

Cantering behind is Penny Mordaunt , Liz Truss

Kemi Badenoch Is back in forth , but looks strong and charge through on the rails, in the last mile

Oh no Tom Tugendhat has fallen at the last but one fence .

As they approach the finishing line this may end up as a two horse finish ??

Re: Tory Leadership Race Latest Big News

As the race finishes we will get a winner but alas not for the country.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorcus View Post
    As the race finishes we will get a winner but alas not for the country.
    Bet you will be backing Sir Kier Stallion with Angela Reigns In the Utopia Stakes

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Bet you will be backing Sir Kier Stallion with Angela Reigns In the Utopia Stakes
    oh my god

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    You've won your bet but got the name of the horse race wrong. It's the Tory Handicap.

It’s going to be Truss. Good news for Labour

International

Anny result will be good news for labour.

They've got rid of their biggest threat on the government benches now they have to get rid of their biggest threat on the opposition benches!!!!

But even better news for the SNP, electing a Thatcher clone as Tory leader is the biggest boost Sturgeon could hope for, the Tories should be careful what they wish for.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I can't see any of the Tory aspirants being too much of a challenge for Labour to be honest but you're right Liz Truss will be an absolute gift. After their leadership contest is over I'm thinking of sending them a big 'thank you' card.

I can't see any of the Tory aspirants being too much of a challenge for Labour to be honest but you're right Liz Truss will be an absolute gift. After their leadership contest is over I'm thinking of sending them a big 'thank you' card.
    Still time for another change this time next year. They will need another ‘reset’ before the next election.

This country is stupid . I am almost certain that starmers hapless ways and the inherent conservative leaning population will vote the tory clowns in again come the next election .

Quote Originally Posted by Pearcey3 View Post
    I thinkyouj are right Pearcey.

A lot will depend on what Cabinet she picks and how she uses them.

If she has decent ministers and is 'First among Equals' then there may be a chance.Slim, but a chance.

If she is truly a 'Boris Clone' and picks a load of nodding dogs for her cabinet then Starmer can measure the curtains at No 10.

Send her a E_Mail card from Moonpig. Only 99p.

Save yourself some money in these dark times

The Tories have got the next election in the bag. That's the reason they got rid of Boris, they didn't want him for another seven years.

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    Send her a E_Mail card from Moonpig. Only 99p.

Save yourself some money in these dark times
    No I think a lovely bouquet is warranted considering how shell finally usher in a competent government. #teamliz

Quote Originally Posted by Elwood Blues View Post
    I thinkyouj are right Pearcey.

A lot will depend on what Cabinet she picks and how she uses them.

If she has decent ministers and is 'First among Equals' then there may be a chance.Slim, but a chance.

If she is truly a 'Boris Clone' and picks a load of nodding dogs for her cabinet then Starmer can measure the curtains at No 10.
    Measure the curtains is so blaise. Surely the next Prime Minister needs to put up with the £350 a roll wallpaper, otherwise they are throwing good money after bad?

Liz Truss? Surely not? She couldn't organise a bunk-up in a brothel, as the old saying goes. Sunak will probably win by a big margin, and while that is a real gift for Labour (one of Britain's wealthiest men is always going to be out of touch), it's also a big boost for the Tories, as he may well attract votes from immigrant families.

Quote Originally Posted by Parti Mellow View Post
    The Tories have got the next election in the bag. That's the reason they got rid of Boris, they didn't want him for another seven years.
    Cheer up don't be so despondent, Liz will save us all.

£350 a roll? If only…..

£870 a roll is the new benchmark!

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Liz Truss? Surely not? She couldn't organise a bunk-up in a brothel, as the old saying goes. Sunak will probably win by a big margin, and while that is a real gift for Labour (one of Britain's wealthiest men is always going to be out of touch), it's also a big boost for the Tories, as he may well attract votes from immigrant families.
    he will also remind us on how he looked after the working class during covid with furlough and self employed covid help

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Sunak is really going to struggle to win the party members vote if the polls are to be believed.

I can't see Rishi winning now. Liz Truss will win and Rishi will announce he's leaving politics at the next election earning a fortune from a few consultancies and after dinner speaking.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Sunak is really going to struggle to win the party members vote if the polls are to be believed.
    A lot may depend on Monday's TV Debate and the hustings over the next few week. Plus any TV Interviews they give .Sunak is better at all of these, but who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    he will also remind us on how he looked after the working class during covid with furlough and self employed covid help
    Gawd bless Rishi. As well as looking after the working class he similtaneously managed to gatecrash one of Johnson's Covid busting parties whilst covering up his wife's and his US green card status as a future potential bolt hole. Man's a diamond!