+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Worth putting a crafty bet on Geraint winning Le Tour?

Worth putting a crafty bet on Geraint winning Le Tour?

Withdrawals due to positive Covid tests.

Vingegaard losing two key Jumbo-Visma team-mates in Primoz Roglic and Steven Kruijswijk through injury.

Thomas drawing comparisons with his Tour win in 2018, even suggesting that his form might be better this time around.

"Without sounding too cocky, when I won I never went 'full', I was suffering and it was hard, but I never felt like I had to ride 'full gas' for 5k, whereas I have here," said the 36-year-old.

"The numbers are good here, some of the best numbers I've done, so I'd definitely say it's a similar level more or less."

Re: Worth putting a crafty bet on Geraint winning Le Tour?

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclops View Post
    Withdrawals due to positive Covid tests.

Vingegaard losing two key Jumbo-Visma team-mates in Primoz Roglic and Steven Kruijswijk through injury.

Thomas drawing comparisons with his Tour win in 2018, even suggesting that his form might be better this time around.

"Without sounding too cocky, when I won I never went 'full', I was suffering and it was hard, but I never felt like I had to ride 'full gas' for 5k, whereas I have here," said the 36-year-old.

"The numbers are good here, some of the best numbers I've done, so I'd definitely say it's a similar level more or less."

As you say, he may win it 'by default' but I don't see him doing it otherwise.