+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Any news on this “Adar Glas” fanzone/fan group?

Any news on this “Adar Glas” fanzone/fan group?

A couple of weeks back there was a thread about the new fan section at the front of the Canton, but it all seems to have gone quiet. Even the bloke instigating the plan on Twitter seems to have gone quiet. Is this plan dead in the water or am I just out the loop?

Re: Any news on this “Adar Glas” fanzone/fan group?

There was an Adar Glas supporters club some years back - anyone remember it?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Yes I used to travel regularly with the lady mair Daniels I think her name was? Absolutely lovely lady. I went to Qpr in the fa cup and it was an evening midweek game, they had a raffle between all the coaches that went up and drew the ticket at the services on way up. I only won a signed Qpr ball by all the players. Which was really good for me as Qpr were my 2nd team back then.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    Yes, years ago I used to travel to away games on the Adar glas supporters bus (pick up in porth) - if my memory is
    correct it was run by Mair and Roy Daniels

He was a short-ish very broad fella. Always wore a big brown furry Russian-like headwear. He had me ejected off the coach onto a motorway hard shoulder once for boozing onboard. Another time I was stranded in Luton after a 7-1 hammering because he saw me lob a metal dustbin lid at their supporters.

Ah, the good old days.

Here's my membership card for the 1981-82 season.AGC1.jpgAGC2.jpgAGC3.jpgAGC4.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    A couple of weeks back there was a thread about the new fan section at the front of the Canton, but it all seems to have gone quiet. Even the bloke instigating the plan on Twitter seems to have gone quiet. Is this plan dead in the water or am I just out the loop?
    It's all gone very quiet. I think there was a bit of unexpected backlash to it on Twitter, which was completely uncalled for, and I've not really heard anything re: advancements on it since unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    It's all gone very quiet. I think there was a bit of unexpected backlash to it on Twitter, which was completely uncalled for, and I've not really heard anything re: advancements on it since unfortunately.
    I notice the twitter page that seemed to be in charge hasn’t posted anything in weeks. I tried sending a message but no response.
    It would be a shame if it’s been given up on, I didn’t think it was best thought out but it was good to see fans trying to do something to help the match day experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Canton Kev View Post
    I notice the twitter page that seemed to be in charge hasn’t posted anything in weeks. I tried sending a message but no response.
    It would be a shame if it’s been given up on, I didn’t think it was best thought out but it was good to see fans trying to do something to help the match day experience.
    Ah nightmare. Yeah like you said, anything to help out the matchday experience/atmosphere, in my eyes can't really be a bad thing. Be a shame to see nothing come of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Organ Morgan. View Post
    He was a short-ish very broad fella. Always wore a big brown furry Russian-like headwear.
    Didn't he used to have a big white-haired guy with him most of the time? My failing memory says his name was Merlin, which sounds odd enough to be true.