+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Blaenrhondda FC cease to exist

Blaenrhondda FC cease to exist

https://twitter.com/BlaenrhonddaF/st...13922389868544

Very sad about this, they became my adopted team when I moved up here, they were runners up in the old Welsh League in the late seventies.

Re: Blaenrhondda FC cease to exist

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post

Very sad about this, they became my adopted team when I moved up here, they were runners up in the old Welsh League in the late seventies.
    This is really sad. Not only as a football club, but for the community. 88 years is a long time and it’s awful that it has come to this. Sorry to hear this Bob.

It's really sad. But teams at a reasonable level prosper or not on a floating mix of players and managers. But also a couple of pubs and sponsors can make the difference between going up the pyramid and failure.

On an equally sad note. I saw in that twitter feed that Graham Coldrick had passed. One of the greats that did for Moscow Torpedo in Augsburg. RIP

When you read about things like this (and it happens regularly), you do wonder how much they needed to stay afloat. Ten grand? More? Or maybe less? Any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    When you read about things like this (and it happens regularly), you do wonder how much they needed to stay afloat. Ten grand? More? Or maybe less? Any ideas?
    Seems like it was a lack of volunteers for things like the Committee and administrative posts that did for them, so it’s probably less than the figure you mention.

Quote Originally Posted by cyril evans awaydays View Post
    It's really sad. But teams at a reasonable level prosper or not on a floating mix of players and managers. But also a couple of pubs and sponsors can make the difference between going up the pyramid and failure.

On an equally sad note. I saw in that twitter feed that Graham Coldrick had passed. One of the greats that did for Moscow Torpedo in Augsburg. RIP
    Sadly, my main memory of Graham Coldrick was his spectacular own goal against Man City in the FA Cup.

RIP

Very sad news to see the club fold, especially with 88 years history and such a picturesque ground - illustrates the difficulties facing grassroots clubs these days

Sadly, my main memory of Graham Coldrick was his spectacular own goal against Man City in the FA Cup.

RIP
    It was a great diving header. Unstoppable.

Played underneath that looming mountain on many an occasion. Bad news for local football.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    we need to see more money filter down from the prem league to grassroots, but saying that the prem teams will say they dont need the grassroot teams, when 6 yr old kids are picked up in academies then thats all they need