+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FT: SHREWSBURY TOWN 0 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Re: SHREWSBURY TOWN v CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Really good to see us moving the ball about quickly compared to the way too slow efforts of last year

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    it's been all Phillips or Allsop hasn't it? has Alnwick had any game time? let alone Luthra.
    presumably Ratcliffe will be off as it would be madness to try to get game time amongst that lot.
    Alnwick has had game time. Luther hasn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by jon1959 View Post
    Alnwick has had game time. Luther hasn’t.
    Did he come on half way through the second half in one game? I can only think he maybe carrying an injury.

Were there subs today?

We played some nice stuff and were much the better team until we got into the final third where we had very little to offer.

Re: FT: SHREWSBURY TOWN 0 - 0 CARDIFF CITY. Match thread

Pretty much a training session, scrappy at times. We are undoubtedly trying to pass out and between the lines more but it's hard to know how effective it will be when we are being put under any sort of pressure. Still seeing our players pass through the midfield and try to control it is pleasing on the eye.

We all know we are going to massively lack goals as it stands. Can only imagine we are some way down our list on that front.

Mark Harris got to do better when he's in on goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Mark Harris got to do better when he's in on goal.
    Did well, then a very tame effort. Just a bit of composure and he would have seen the keeper was already down.

Defence and midfield look ok.
    Up front we desperately lack a cutting edge and a striker who can lead the line. Without new recruits, , we will struggle this season.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesp View Post
    Really good to see us moving the ball about quickly compared to the way too slow efforts of last year
    Some things to be concerned about there I’d suggest.

Just don’t look like creating anything. Some nice passing though and Sawyers, unsurprising, is skilful.

Ojo looks up for it to me. Thought Rino linked things up nicely.

Kipre looks good on the ball but was beaten in the air to a cross.

O’Dowda, I’m afraid to report, couldn’t find a man with his crosses. Had a few chances to do so and failed

Harris had two good chances and spurned both. One came from just about the only long ball we played all evening

The ‘second 11’ brought a bit of life to the game, with Sang and King buzzing about. Leahy looks a good player

I know it’s only a friendly but it’s hard to imagine us scoring many in the championship at the moment

Quote Originally Posted by Trigger View Post
    Did well, then a very tame effort. Just a bit of composure and he would have seen the keeper was already down.
    Did well….I must of missed that.

Quote Originally Posted by Whisperer View Post
    Did well….I must of missed that.
    You did. He completely set up that chance all by himself, from out of nothing. Running around defenders. Finish wasn't there but he did well to make something out of nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    We played some nice stuff and were much the better team until we got into the final third where we had very little to offer.
    ^ Perfect match report imo

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    You did. He completely set up that chance all by himself, from out of nothing. Running around defenders. Finish wasn't there but he did well to make something out of nothing.
    Did well in my book would have been the ball in the back of the net....more did okay for me.