+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: We are going to finish 17th

We are going to finish 17th

According to a Daily Mirror "supercomputer":

FYGnPtNX0AAPkZb.jpg

What do you think? WBA not even getting playoffs? Surely there's no way Huddersfield do well again? Are Sunderland that bad?

Penny for your thoughts.

Re: We are going to finish 17th

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post

FYGnPtNX0AAPkZb.jpg

What do you think? WBA not even getting playoffs? Surely there's no way Huddersfield do well again? Are Sunderland that bad?

Penny for your thoughts.
    Entirely plausible tbh

I think Preston will be good this year, impressed with their signings.

Hull have spent a bit havne't they - they would be very disappointed with 18th.

Can see Luton struggling a bit more this season.

FYGnPtNX0AAPkZb.jpg

Penny for your thoughts.
    Do we have the super computer predictions for the previous couple of seasons to hand?
    It might be a bit of fun just to compare them with the actual final standings.

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    Do we have the super computer predictions for the previous couple of seasons to hand?
    They are always complete bollocks. I'm pretty sure you don't need a supercomputer to run the kind of simulations they are doing either.

I think we could finish anywhere from 6th to 24th

Quote Originally Posted by KingOfSiamIAm View Post
    Good shout!

They had us in 8th and Huddersfield getting relegated.

2021/2022

1. Fulham

2. West Brom

3. Sheffield United

4. Bournemouth

5. Swansea

6. Middlesbrough

7. Nottingham Forest

8. Cardiff

9. Stoke

10. Barnsley

11. Reading

12. Blackburn

13. QPR

14. Millwall

15. Hull

16. Birmingham

17. Derby

18. Preston

19. Luton

20. Bristol City

21. Coventry

22. Huddersfield

23. Peterborough

24. Blackpool

FYGnPtNX0AAPkZb.jpg

Penny for your thoughts.
    I think, without any new additions up front, the supercomputer might not be far off unfortunately. Though it obviously goes without saying that we'll definitely finish above the Jacks...

I think we will finish a little highly, maybe 10th- 15th but anything can happen either way.

International

FYGnPtNX0AAPkZb.jpg

Penny for your thoughts.
    Daly Mirror

International

The bookies know best they have us 15th, but who knows it will depend on the quality of Striker we bring in?

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...ship/promotion

Top six they say
    Norwich
    Watford
    West Brom
    Boro
    Sheffield United
    Burnley

The league looks quite strong this year but still competetive so anythng can happen.

17th wouldn't surprise me, I can't see us finishing in the top half

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    The bookies know best they have us 15th, but who knows it will depend on the quality of Striker we bring in?

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...ship/promotion

Top six they say
    Norwich
    Watford
    West Brom
    Boro
    Sheffield United
    Burnley

The league looks quite strong this year but still competetive so anythng can happen.
    5 of those have parachute money and Middlesborough appear to be in good shape. Will be hard for anyone else to break into that unless some of those clubs cock it up

International

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    5 of those have parachute money and Middlesborough appear to be in good shape. Will be hard for anyone else to break into that unless some of those clubs cock it up
    Agreed its a tough League this year with some decent Managers!
    Dean Smith
    Hodgson
    Bruce
    Wilder
    Heckingbottom
    Kompany & Bellamy - Hopefully will struggle as supposed to be skint?

It's a tough task for Morison to break any of them up, especially when you look at his budget, really interesting to see how he does?

Think seventeenth is a bit high for the current squad given how we couldn’t turn domination through most of the pitch into anything tangible last night - get more strength in depth in up front and I’d think we should be a little higher than that.

Our defence is weaker - we had Giles and Drameh last season. I have very low expectations in McGuiness (who just looks like a very poor version of Ben Turner with an even worse range of passing) and Nelson who has at least 2 mistakes in him per game

A high press team which lets face it is every team in the championship now is going to put our defence under a lot of pressure and at the moment a full back who was meh at league one Romeo, a converted right back Ng, a West Brom reserve who didn’t feature this year and a left back Collins from bottom of the German second division is how I expect our back 4 to look

Our midfield looks stronger but an asthmatic ant carrying its shopping home would have out run Pack and Bacuna

Up front I’m not writing off Watters. There was a game towards the end of the season where he looked like he had something. But to rely on him is very risky

I expect Morrison to score more goals if and when he returns (hopefully) as he’s still our best defender

The bottom 4 in my opinion is Birmingham Blackpool Rotherham and us (I’m not sure about Sunderland)

Hope I’m wrong but I have very low expectations for next season

Would probably take it, which is quite sad.

The old phrase 'business ends of the pitch' is significant considering the current squad. Strong, experienced centre back pairing ? A couple [at least] of proven goalscorers ?
    Peterborough have been relegated twice playing nice football.

International

On the up side, if we accept this as a pretty accurate estimate, then anything better by the end of the season should be lauded as progress shirley?

Quote Originally Posted by Rjk View Post
    They are always complete bollocks. I'm pretty sure you don't need a supercomputer to run the kind of simulations they are doing either.

I think we could finish anywhere from 6th to 24th
    It's just a light-hearted vehicle for discussion, old fruit.

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Our defence is weaker - we had Giles and Drameh last season. I have very low expectations in McGuiness (who just looks like a very poor version of Ben Turner with an even worse range of passing) and Nelson who has at least 2 mistakes in him per game

A high press team which lets face it is every team in the championship now is going to put our defence under a lot of pressure and at the moment a full back who was meh at league one Romeo, a converted right back Ng, a West Brom reserve who didn’t feature this year and a left back Collins from bottom of the German second division is how I expect our back 4 to look

Our midfield looks stronger but an asthmatic ant carrying its shopping home would have out run Pack and Bacuna

Up front I’m not writing off Watters. There was a game towards the end of the season where he looked like he had something. But to rely on him is very risky

I expect Morrison to score more goals if and when he returns (hopefully) as he’s still our best defender

The bottom 4 in my opinion is Birmingham Blackpool Rotherham and us (I’m not sure about Sunderland)

Hope I’m wrong but I have very low expectations for next season
    I agree with much of this.

Whereas we are all excited to see the new signings, there is no escaping where they have come from (and why) - this is going to be a real test of Morison's skills and could go either way. Fingers crossed that it works out the way that we all hope.

Plus we need at least one decent striker, the most precious commodity in football.........

So lots of potential risk here.

You are all such a positive group! I don’t think!!
    See no reason for such pessimism and hope that binman is completely wrong.
    6th to 16th is my guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanmore Bluebird View Post
    You are all such a positive group! I don’t think!!
    See no reason for such pessimism and hope that binman is completely wrong.
    6th to 16th is my guess.
    We all HOPE that binman is wrong! But there is no denying the facts, and no amount of positive thinking can change those.

As we all say, let's hope for the best

Me too!! 😂

On a positive note anything is better than what Mick and his 5 centre halves served up last season
    The football will be better to watch
    It’s just going to be very frustrating watching us lose the ball in silly positions

Wintle is going to be absolutely vital this season

Our right looked very weak first half last night. I may need correcting, don't think we had a decent shot on target until 70th minute. Looks like more nil nils at HT this season and then "going for it" in the second half. No-one seems up for running (and, more importantly getting service) through the channels. There were gaping holes, centrally, in Shrewsbury's defence last night. Where does the ball go...? Too many touches in the final third. May as well try and walk it into the net. Sparky needs to get his head up before having a shot. So many basics to sort out. 17th would be a satisfactory finish. I can see us losing 3:1 to Norwich. There may be one or two surprises (Sunderland?) in terms of over performance. Otherwise, that list of finishing positions seems relatively accurate.

I think binman’s post covers everything and is spot on. I’m expecting another scrap this season.

Our new defence won’t have to be that brilliant to be an improvement on last season’s.