+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: We are going to finish 17th

Re: We are going to finish 17th

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    Our new defence won’t have to be that brilliant to be an improvement on last season’s.
    I’m also hoping they have better protect from those in front.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl Dale's Mole View Post
    Good shout!

They had us in 8th and Huddersfield getting relegated.

2021/2022

1. Fulham

2. West Brom

3. Sheffield United

4. Bournemouth

5. Swansea

6. Middlesbrough

7. Nottingham Forest

8. Cardiff

9. Stoke

10. Barnsley

11. Reading

12. Blackburn

13. QPR

14. Millwall

15. Hull

16. Birmingham

17. Derby

18. Preston

19. Luton

20. Bristol City

21. Coventry

22. Huddersfield

23. Peterborough

24. Blackpool
    You could probably pick names out of a hat and get a similar degree of accuracy. I would be extremely disappointed with 17th. 14th-10th is where I’d like to think we can finish.

there is no way we'll get anywhere near 17th

Daily Mirror they knw nuffin , just a red tinted Daily Mail , dreadful rag .

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    No-one seems up for running (and, more importantly getting service) through the channels. There were gaping holes, centrally, in Shrewsbury's defence last night. .
    Agree with this. Several occasions last night there were big gaps between the Shrewsbury defenders- a decent through ball would have opened them up but the pass either wasn't seen or attempted. I'm all for the new passing style but we need to make the pass when it's on.

Quote Originally Posted by life on mars View Post
    Daily Mirror they knw nuffin , just a red tinted Daily Mail , dreadful rag .
    That other daft Tory, North Cardiff Blue, thought it was the Daly Mirror whereas gobbledygook is accepted with you as you have your own language.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm convinced that we're in for a season-long struggle. We have a side cobbled together for zero cost, and so far, we have no effective finishers. On the face of it, it's a recipe for disaster. But....maybe Morison can do a real 'Moneyball' and pull a winning side out of this bag of bits.
    To improve, we have to score more goals, stop losing games that we should have won, and vastly improve our home form. Anything different, and Super Stevo is in trouble.

My tarot cards say:
    Top West Brom, Norwich, Sheffield United
    City 14th
    Bottom : Birmingham Reading, Rotherham

Sunderland will not finish bottom half regardless of how bad they were last season

Quote Originally Posted by Taunton Blue Genie View Post
    It's just a light-hearted vehicle for discussion, old fruit.
    Not sure how light hearted as some posters comments seem to imply they take themselves very seriously and their analysis of the current squad and where they will finish even more so

The WSC season guide has us down as 17th too (calculated by the average prediction of each club's correspondent) so it's even more likely now.

International

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    That other daft Tory, North Cardiff Blue, thought it was the Daly Mirror whereas gobbledygook is accepted with you as you have your own language.
    Typo on a phone, some of us don't treat this board as important as your CSE leftie politics exam coursework

I can't see us finishing higher than 19th or 20th. There are only a few teams that I think we have much chance of being better than.

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I hope I'm wrong, but I'm convinced that we're in for a season-long struggle. We have a side cobbled together for zero cost, and so far, we have no effective finishers. On the face of it, it's a recipe for disaster. But....maybe Morison can do a real 'Moneyball' and pull a winning side out of this bag of bits.
    To improve, we have to score more goals, stop losing games that we should have won, and vastly improve our home form. Anything different, and Super Stevo is in trouble.
    Spot on.

This could be great, and all credit to Morison if it does (all credit to him if it is just average in fact), but it could be a disaster.

High risk.

Let’s all hope that it works and we get a striker in 👍

Quote Originally Posted by binman View Post
    Our defence is weaker - we had Giles and Drameh last season. I have very low expectations in McGuiness (who just looks like a very poor version of Ben Turner with an even worse range of passing) and Nelson who has at least 2 mistakes in him per game

A high press team which lets face it is every team in the championship now is going to put our defence under a lot of pressure and at the moment a full back who was meh at league one Romeo, a converted right back Ng, a West Brom reserve who didn’t feature this year and a left back Collins from bottom of the German second division is how I expect our back 4 to look

Our midfield looks stronger but an asthmatic ant carrying its shopping home would have out run Pack and Bacuna

Up front I’m not writing off Watters. There was a game towards the end of the season where he looked like he had something. But to rely on him is very risky

I expect Morrison to score more goals if and when he returns (hopefully) as he’s still our best defender

The bottom 4 in my opinion is Birmingham Blackpool Rotherham and us (I’m not sure about Sunderland)

Hope I’m wrong but I have very low expectations for next season
    Surely you cannot assume Nelson would be in laying ?

FourFourTwo's season guide has us finishing 19th, and in their Championship-related blurb, they have us as one of their relegation candidates. I'm hopeful we can do a bit better than that.

All of these predictions are being made with us having a strike force that probably rates twenty four out of twenty four in the Championship. I don’t blame anyone for making a pessimistic prediction, but I think we’ve recruited well in general in other areas and I like to think they can do when it comes to forwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    FourFourTwo's season guide has us finishing 19th, and in their Championship-related blurb, they have us as one of their relegation candidates. I'm hopeful we can do a bit better than that.
    I can't see us going down, being part of the clutch of lower mid-table teams that are never in any real danger seems about right to me

International

Quote Originally Posted by the other bob wilson View Post
    All of these predictions are being made with us having a strike force that probably rates twenty four out of twenty four in the Championship. I don’t blame anyone for making a pessimistic prediction, but I think we’ve recruited well in general in other areas and I like to think they can do when it comes to forwards.
    I agree, overall it's a reasonable squad and I think Morison wll get the most from the players, although I expect a few tantrums and players dropped for a few weeks.

It's all down to the Strikers but having been a Striker himself i'm sure he knows that, and will know what he wants and expects from them, so I think we'll get two half decent strikers and that we will finish in the top half.

Obviously if he can't get any decent Strikers, then it will be a hell of a stuggle to get into the top half, but I still think we would remain safe from relegation.

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Typo on a phone, some of us don't treat this board as important as your CSE leftie politics exam coursework
    Get your house in order immediately, get a new phone or take a little more care and, most importantly, treat this board a little more seriously!!!!

International

Get your house in order immediately, get a new phone or take a little more care and, most importantly, treat this board a little more seriously!!!!
    Will need a new phone, new eyes, slimmer fingers, and more time, so not much chance of any bar a phone, you'll have to get used to my typos

Quote Originally Posted by North Cardiff Blue View Post
    Will need a new phone, new eyes, slimmer fingers, and more time, so not much chance of any bar a phone, you'll have to get used to my typos
    Hairy muff

Quote Originally Posted by City123 View Post
    I can't see us going down, being part of the clutch of lower mid-table teams that are never in any real danger seems about right to me
    We've had a huge turnover of players and not many of the current squad are proven Championship quality. This time last year our manager and first-team coaches were either working in Under-23s football or unemployed. There is a real possibility that this season will be a complete disaster.

Quote Originally Posted by LeningradCowboy View Post
    We've had a huge turnover of players and not many of the current squad are proven Championship quality. This time last year our manager and first-team coaches were either working in Under-23s football or unemployed. There is a real possibility that this season will be a complete disaster.
    You're right, but we might as well be optimistic

Hairy muff
    Your predictive text has a learning algorithm so if it's coming out with 'hairy muff' for 'fair enough' it's a reflection of the kind of things you're typing in on a regular basis Mr P!