+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Issue trying to buy away tickets today

Issue trying to buy away tickets today

Last year I was st holder who done about 15 aways, this year due to having a baby I’ve just bought a club membership for a few away games. I’m trying to buy Bristol and Reading tickets but it’s saying I’m not eligible?
    Any ideas what I need to do, I thought I would be ok as its obviously the same fan number?
    Shock horror can’t get through on phone line

Re: Issue trying to buy away tickets today

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    Last year I was st holder who done about 15 aways, this year due to having a baby I’ve just bought a club membership for a few away games. I’m trying to buy Bristol and Reading tickets but it’s saying I’m not eligible?
    Any ideas what I need to do, I thought I would be ok as its obviously the same fan number?
    Shock horror can’t get through on phone line
    Isn’t it season ticket holders first ?

Quote Originally Posted by BLUETIT View Post
    Isn’t it season ticket holders first ?
    & current club members who have attended 5 or more league away games 21/22 season

Quote Originally Posted by Zowhore View Post
    & current club members who have attended 5 or more league away games 21/22 season
    At a guess, a glitch in the system which doesn't recognise a change from ST to membership to allow you to buy. Ticket office may be your best bet.....unfortunately. You did try buying after 2pm BST I take it?

Issues sitewide with people not being able to assign fan numbers to tickets apparently- think they've closed the site now and are only taking phonecalls- probably your best bet given your predicament anyway I'd imagine

Quote Originally Posted by Colin'sReversibleHat View Post
    Issues sitewide with people not being able to assign fan numbers to tickets apparently- think they've closed the site now and are only taking phonecalls- probably your best bet given your predicament anyway I'd imagine
    Had to queue for a minute due to demand. Otherwise, sales went through OK. Just had a look and ticketing site seems to be working fine. No queues.

Quote Originally Posted by IanD View Post
    Had to queue for a minute due to demand. Otherwise, sales went through OK. Just had a look and ticketing site seems to be working fine. No queues.
    Ah okay, must've fixed it now then in fairness. Club put a tweet out at 14:23 saying the website was down. And I've noticed my fan number hasn't been assigned to my WBA ticket, so I've emailed them to try and get it rectified in case I need it for eligibility later in the season.

Ah okay, must've fixed it now then in fairness. Club put a tweet out at 14:23 saying the website was down. And I've noticed my fan number hasn't been assigned to my WBA ticket, so I've emailed them to try and get it rectified in case I need it for eligibility later in the season.
    You're right. Confirmation of ticket purchase emails..... fan ID and asingee missing. I can't find my purchase history online to see if the tickets have actually been assigned. Not sure how anyone can purchase tickets online without them being allocated as, otherwise, you might not be eligible and anyone could buy them if they have a club account.

You're right. Confirmation of ticket purchase emails..... fan ID and asingee missing. I can't find my purchase history online to see if the tickets have actually been assigned. Not sure how anyone can purchase tickets online without them being allocated as, otherwise, you might not be eligible and anyone could buy them if they have a club account.
    Drop them an email mate- they responded to mine at half 4 yesterday saying they'd sorted it for me, which you can't fault fair play- tickets@cardiffcityfc.co.uk is the email address

Drop them an email mate- they responded to mine at half 4 yesterday saying they'd sorted it for me, which you can't fault fair play- tickets@cardiffcityfc.co.uk is the email address
    Have done....cheers.

Have done....cheers.
    All sorted. Quick response from the TO.

All sorted. Quick response from the TO.
    Good news

I always phone up, because I don't trust the online system. I rang late today (after 4) to get West Brom tickets, and I must have dialled 20 or 25 times. The machine picked up as usual, and once the message was done, I pressed 1 for tickets, and then it went quiet. After two minutes of silence, the line would go dead. Eventually I got through, and got my tickets, but what a faff....

Quote Originally Posted by tforturton View Post
    I always phone up, because I don't trust the online system. I rang late today (after 4) to get West Brom tickets, and I must have dialled 20 or 25 times. The machine picked up as usual, and once the message was done, I pressed 1 for tickets, and then it went quiet. After two minutes of silence, the line would go dead. Eventually I got through, and got my tickets, but what a faff....
    Far less hassle buying online.....usually. No idea why I could purchase tickets without assigning them. All sorted now. Just a case of how to get to West Brom if there is a train strike the next day and last trains leave early on the night of the fixture. Looks like a drive job.