+ Visit Cardiff FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bathroom Refurbishment

Re: Bathroom Refurbishment

I'm trying to get a bathroom gut reno. It went from $6,000 to blokes just quoting $20,000 over the phone without even looking. For a 6 x 8' room. I've had about $5,000 of drywall, backing board, bath, sink, tiles etc sitting in my garage for over a year.

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    I'm trying to get a bathroom gut reno. It went from $6,000 to blokes just quoting $20,000 over the phone without even looking. For a 6 x 8' room. I've had about $5,000 of drywall, backing board, bath, sink, tiles etc sitting in my garage for over a year.
    I remember you saying.
    We were in the same boat, had a guy lined up was going to be around 20k for two bathrooms
    We agreed in principle but we had to keep chasing for a start date and he wasn't very collaborative.

So finally after a conversation with a Mate and a bunch of free slate from him, we decided to start.

Back on it after the City game finishes.

Pretty much finished.
    Have to tidy up and seal some grouting as well as put some pencil trim on the baseboard.

https://postimg.cc/gallery/mHN8BPn

Quote Originally Posted by Wash DC Blue View Post
    Pretty much finished.
    Have to tidy up and seal some grouting as well as put some pencil trim on the baseboard.

What a job! That really is Top Notch workmanship, love it mate, you're in the wrong game! Love the Venetian Walls, absolutely beautiful work mate, really impressed. But one thing trumps all of that, i see that you're an Adidas classics man, fair play You should be proud of yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tuerto View Post
    What a job! That really is Top Notch workmanship, love it mate, you're in the wrong game! Love the Venetian Walls, absolutely beautiful work mate, really impressed. But one thing trumps all of that, i see that you're an Adidas classics man, fair play You should be proud of yourself.
    Ahh thanks man, really appreciate it!!

Ahh thanks man, really appreciate it!!
    I'm serious, brilliant work. Was the Venetian plaster difficult to work with? Looks lovely.

Very, very impressive, you must be relishing having the debut turn out

Quote Originally Posted by splott parker View Post
    Gotta spoil it splotty

Gotta spoil it splotty
    Aw, c’mon, sat there surveying the scene and admiring your work, can you think of anything more satisfying?

Keep seeing faults :)

Aw, c’mon, sat there surveying the scene and admiring your work, can you think of anything more satisfying?
    I stand corrected.

I'm serious, brilliant work. Was the Venetian plaster difficult to work with? Looks lovely.
    It was a lot more forgiving than drywall, tape and mud.
    I used a type called Marmorino, which isn't as shiny as some of the other types.
    You can burnish some of it to almost a marble look.

This was the brand that I used and was happy with it.

https://vasariplaster.com/

It was a lot more forgiving than drywall, tape and mud.
    I used a type called Marmorino, which isn't as shiny as some of the other types.
    You can burnish some of it to almost a marble look.

This was the brand that I used and was happy with it.

https://vasariplaster.com/
    Nice, lovely product. I used an external lime render called 'Glaster' named that because it has tiny pieces of broken glass in it, all different colours. When it's rubbed up all the glass colours show through, looks great when the natural light shines across it.

Keep seeing faults :)
    That is a problem, no bugger else notices them which should be good enough for you........but it never is curtail your ablutions or take in more absorbing reading material...........meanwhile whilst in the shower..........

That is a problem, no bugger else notices them which should be good enough for you........but it never is curtail your ablutions or take in more absorbing reading material...........meanwhile whilst in the shower..........
    More absorbing than CCMB?!?
    I've got enough tile haze to worry about in the shower already :)

Pretty much finished.

Looks great, very different to the traditional American bathroom, which is still very traditional in design ( I often look at the new builds on sale in Fla )

you have done a great job

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post
    Looks great, very different to the traditional American bathroom, which is still very traditional in design ( I often look at the new builds on sale in Fla )

Thank You.

Pretty much finished.

Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by NYCBlue View Post
    Great job!
    Nice one Mate.
    As you mentioned..the contractor situation and massively rising costs drove it.
    It was stressful as fcuk at times...like a good few nights not being able to sleep wondering if I could do really do it and costs spiraling after going to Home Depot for the 7th time that weekend.

Done now and really proud I did it, but I did have a friend who stopped me doing anything totally cockish.

Going to start the next one in March all being well.

Quote Originally Posted by blue matt View Post

I've just gone back through the thread and rearead that you like building videos.
    That's never been my cup of tea until I started this thing.

How to videos turned into something a bit more grandiose and I've been watching these lads videos for months.
    House builds in the Smokey Mountains, North Carolina from scratch to delivery.
    They are entertaining, informative and seem like a good bunch and the scenery is stunning going through the seasons.

The one lad Jonno has a Welsh Dragon tattood on his forearm as well.
    Give it a watch...it's addictive though, a 20 minute episode can turn into hours.

https://youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...JMZLXIjVmckbaX

Pretty much finished.

F*cking hell mate. That's fantastic. How long are you staying over next time you're in Cardiff? Our bathroom is only small and I reckon you could do it in a couple of days if you really put your back into it! I'm good at supervising and supplying tea! Seriously though, would love to be able to do stuff like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen's Nephew View Post
    F*cking hell mate. That's fantastic. How long are you staying over next time you're in Cardiff? Our bathroom is only small and I reckon you could do it in a couple of days if you really put your back into it! I'm good at supervising and supplying tea! Seriously though, would love to be able to do stuff like this.
    Thanks CN!
    I'll ping you when I'm home next :)